Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singles Night - Reardans 16th April

Options
  • 16-04-2010 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

Hey. Just seen there is a singles night on in Reardans tonight. Anyone have any idea of what this is? Is it like speed dating? Have they been on there before? Any luck? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Hey. Just seen there is a singles night on in Reardans tonight. Anyone have any idea of what this is? Is it like speed dating? Have they been on there before? Any luck? :)

The second i saw Reardens i stopped reading....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

The second i saw Reardens i stopped reading....

That bad eh...:rolleyes:

That bad eh...:rolleyes:
    Yeah if you can even get past the door staff first....

Yeah if you can even get past the door staff first....

Well it's on at 9 so hopefully they should be okay that early in the night. Happy 1,000th post btw :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Isnt every night singles night in coppers...I mean reardens :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Exactly! Corks own meat market lol

corkcomp wrote: »
    Exactly! Corks own meat market lol

Was there last night, singles night my eye. Also Ive ended up there way too often recently and it has been a meat market. Where would you guys advise to go in Cork so? I mean to meet a nice girl :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

depends on what you mean by "nice" girl ? ..... coffee shops, library.... sports clubs, .....try taking up a new sport/hobby.

PCPhoto wrote: »
    depends on what you mean by "nice" girl ? ..... coffee shops, library.... sports clubs, .....try taking up a new sport/hobby.

You know just a girl you'd like to go out with. Coffee shops, libraries, sports clubs etc are all full of nice girls but really how many ppl meet girls in these places?? Honestly!!Sad fact of the matter is that pubs/clubs seem to be the only viable place to meet girls :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

PCPhoto wrote: »

Do people really go to coiffee shops to try meet girls???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

castie wrote: »

Maybe in the US...I can't see the café culture being a hit here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

That Tribes coffee place seems like a social enough place, only been in there like twice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I've done it a few years ago ... just make a comment to someone reading a book (assuming you know something about the author/book, or a smile ....making eye contact with her and again ...making a simple comment.

if she's friendly/nice she might talk back and start up a conversation, worst case you have a nice chat with someone else (assuming you dont mind if she has a BF/GF and actually have a nice conversation instead of hitting on her)

be prepared to just talk to someone for the sake of talking...not actually trying to hit on her....its like small talk at a bar - say something nice..chat a little....and walk away..... if possible ask to meet again sometime.

try Gloria Jeans on Patrick St (if its still there) or even Tribes...or if you spot someone drinking alone ask if you can join while you wait for friends etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Maybe in the US...I can't see the café culture being a hit here.
    Cork Coffee Roasters and Cafe Depeche seem like good meeting spots, especially the former.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Cleopatra_Rebel

You know just a girl you'd like to go out with. Coffee shops, libraries, sports clubs etc are all full of nice girls but really how many ppl meet girls in these places?? Honestly!!Sad fact of the matter is that pubs/clubs seem to be the only viable place to meet girls :(
    Well MikeCork2009 if you tell me where the nice guys of Cork hang out then i'll let you in on where the nice girls of Cork hang out! ;)

Well MikeCork2009 if you tell me where the nice guys of Cork hang out then i'll let you in on where the nice girls of Cork hang out! ;)

Not wanting to stir the pot but not Reardans I would think in both cases.

I knew it, all the nice girls in Cork meet up in secret somewhere :D Ah I guess us nice guys :p can be found in most places, normally the pub, coffee shops, standing at the bus stop etc. Just say hi if you see us :) Although I am gonna hazard a guess and say that its the same with the nice girls. Thing is, and I'm not preaching here or anything cos I'm the same, but its not until we end up twisted, crushed together in a dump like Reardans at 1 in the morning that we actually have the courage to interatct with one another. Thats the only reason people go to these places. If it was acceptable to chat up a girl in a coffee shop (or who worked in one) or ask a nice girl you met waiting for the bus for her number then before long meat markets would be a thing of the past. Just my 2 cents :)

I knew it, all the nice girls in Cork meet up in secret somewhere :D Ah I guess us nice guys :p can be found in most places, normally the pub, coffee shops, standing at the bus stop etc. Just say hi if you see us :) Although I am gonna hazard a guess and say that its the same with the nice girls. Thing is, and I'm not preaching here or anything cos I'm the same, but its not until we end up twisted, crushed together in a dump like Reardans at 1 in the morning that we actually have the courage to interatct with one another. Thats the only reason people go to these places. If it was acceptable to chat up a girl in a coffee shop (or who worked in one) or ask a nice girl you met waiting for the bus for her number then before long meat markets would be a thing of the past. Just my 2 cents :)

Wait a second here!!I think a bit of match making is in order. So mike is looking for somewhere where the nice girls hang out and cleopatra is looking for where the nice fellas hang....... Both are coming across as nice people so... just get on with it and exchange numbers wil ye :pac::pac:

Wait a second here!!I think a bit of match making is in order. So mike is looking for somewhere where the nice girls hang out and cleopatra is looking for where the nice fellas hang....... Both are coming across as nice people so... just get on with it and exchange numbers wil ye :pac::pac:

that man is a genius:p or both of you should come to the next boards meetup if you dont want to go down the blind date route

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

how many ppl meet girls in these places?? Honestly!!Sad fact of the matter is that pubs/clubs seem to be the only viable place to meet girls :(

Not true, I have made many a friend from non pub situations and 1/2 relationships also.

I would rather meet a sober girl in a coffee shop (who knows exactly what she wants and who I can have a decent chat with) than a girl who is possibly under the influence of alcohol in a bar and doesn't necessarily know what she wants.

Personally I never go out to 'meet girls' but if something happens it would be more likely to be from a random encounter like in a coffee shop. (Relationship obviously and not a random score).

They hang out at the boards meetups, Wed and Fri of this week at 9pm in the leisureplex to be exact :cool:
    If it was acceptable to chat up a girl in a coffee shop (or who worked in one) or ask a nice girl you met waiting for the bus for her number then before long meat markets would be a thing of the past. Just my 2 cents :)

Why do people think it is not acceptable? Just go for it! :) bet the girl will respect you for it. Surely girls don't like drunken guys coming on to them anyway?

• Advertisement

Ah I don't think Cleopatra would like to go exchanging numbers with a random stranger off the internet, despite how obviously nice he is :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 beautifulmind

well seeming there is a major university in the city i think that there would be many willing single girls around, under graduates, mature students and lecturers alike. Maybe that is worth a chance!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Cleopatra_Rebel

If only there was a Lisdoonvarna Festival in Cork... :rolleyes:

kingtut wrote: »
    Not true, I have made many a friend from non pub situations and 1/2 relationships also.

I would rather meet a sober girl in a coffee shop (who knows exactly what she wants and who I can have a decent chat with) than a girl who is possibly under the influence of alcohol in a bar and doesn't necessarily know what she wants.

Personally I never go out to 'meet girls' but if something happens it would be more likely to be from a random encounter like in a coffee shop. (Relationship obviously and not a random score).

They hang out at the boards meetups, Wed and Fri of this week at 9pm in the leisureplex to be exact :cool:

Why do people think it is not acceptable? Just go for it! :) bet the girl will respect you for it. Surely girls don't like drunken guys coming on to them anyway?

You sound like a stalker type Tut :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 TKT

well seeming there is a major university in the city i think that there would be many willing single girls around, under graduates, mature students and lecturers alike. Maybe that is worth a chance!!:rolleyes:

Jazus, are you bitter Cork has a University?
    I mean, who in reality is going to head out to UCC on the prowl?
    Unless of course they actually have some sort of business being out there (student etc.).

I also didn't realise people go meet in coffee shops etc.

TKT wrote: »
    Jazus, are you bitter Cork has a University?
    I mean, who in reality is going to head out to UCC on the prowl?
    Unless of course they actually have some sort of business being out there (student etc.).

I also didn't realise people go meet in coffee shops etc.

I dont think the poster was saying to actually go to UCC on the pull.. more like there will be a lot of female students around the city in general due to location of UCC. still though, the post was a bit .... weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Apparently there's about 2500 more women in Cork City than men, good news if you're a man I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

kingtut wrote: »

how does a half relationship work? is that when only one of the two people know that its happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 worm_tongue

Don't knock reardens, had some great nights in there.

• Advertisement

mawk wrote: »
    how does a half relationship work? is that when only one of the two people know that its happening?

facepalm lol :rolleyes:

Advertisement