Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singles Night - Reardans 16th April

Options
2»

Comments

Don't knock reardens, had some great nights in there.

Are you a nurse a Garda or a muck savage, if non of the three than shame on you for going there more than a couple of times :P

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Torlac

Don't knock reardens, had some great nights in there.

what a hole. a pity it wasn't bought up for redevelopment before the bubble burst :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

I knew it, all the nice girls in Cork meet up in secret somewhere :D Ah I guess us nice guys :p can be found in most places, normally the pub, coffee shops, standing at the bus stop etc. Just say hi if you see us :)Although I am gonna hazard a guess and say that its the same with the nice girls. Thing is, and I'm not preaching here or anything cos I'm the same, but its not until we end up twisted, crushed together in a dump like Reardans at 1 in the morning that we actually have the courage to interatct with one another. Thats the only reason people go to these places. If it was acceptable to chat up a girl in a coffee shop (or who worked in one) or ask a nice girl you met waiting for the bus for her number then before long meat markets would be a thing of the past. Just my 2 cents :)

I agree with you about the part where u say that many people just lack the courage to actually make a first move and say something.
    I can always smile, but it is way harder to go over and start talking to the handsome stranger.
    But given the circumstances... if an old lady in busstop can tell you "its a beautiful day today isn't it" or an old lad can start talking to u out of blue telling "i got a bunch of sweet tomatoes from english market today, u should go there"... then there is absolutely NO REASON why u couldn't do exactly the same.
    Obviously u have to choose the pick-up line AND the way u are approaching with it. Same thing said in different ways gives totally different results...

I do think that u can find a nice girl from anywhere as well as a nice guy. There isn't boundaries as there used to be, there isn't many places where "nice" people don't go.. altho obviously i wouldn't chat up someone whos dead drunk... and if u do, don't expect her to remember u the next time u see her..
    And it is ok to ask someones phonenumber after saying just few words.. depending on how the person responds to them ofc. Sometimes a simple "what if i would want to contact u in future" works the best. Some people are very keen on giving out their phonenumbers (myself included), but that gives them some choice... for example it can make them say "how about exchanging e-mails" :P
    Clever or funny lines might also work:P
    All in all - u have nothing to lose!!
    Hmm, maybe i should start giving lectures of how to meet men/women and get the confidence to approach them :) cos otherwise i will write the whole book here.. :P

Advertisement