Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair trade? Bioshock 2-Orange Box

Options
  • 16-04-2010 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

Gamestop are doing a deal where you can trade in a game and get Bioshock 2 for €5. I went in and inquired about this deal. After going through the list of Xbox games I had, I found than the only two game I own that fit the criteria for the deal are Fallout 3 GOTY and The Orange Box. There is no way I am parting with Fallout 3, yet The Orange Box is five very good game. Seen as Bioshock and Half-Life are in the same genre, what do yee recomend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I'd do it how often do you play the orange box? That'll give you your answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Woow_Aqualung

Fair point. I don't play it that often but I've gotten mixed reveiws of Bioshock 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭beardo81

Anywhere we can see this list online so I dont have to haul my ass into town?

(Christ im lazy)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Fair point. I don't play it that often but I've gotten mixed reveiws of Bioshock 2.

Dont do it bioshock 2 is good but nothing majorly new from the first one.

Rent it if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Check the HUGE thread in bargain alerts... Should let you know where you can pick up a dirt cheap game to trade with.
    I'd hang onto both of them personally

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

If your going to trade anything in gio to xtravision. Was trading in mw2 and battlefield a while back, got offered around 40 in both smiths and gamestop,ended up getting nearly 70 in xtravision. so i reckon if you traded in any of the games you want to get rid of you'll probably get a better deal than getting rid of 2 really good games that have serious replay factors.

beardo81 wrote: »
    Anywhere we can see this list online so I dont have to haul my ass into town?

(Christ im lazy)

Yer man in the shop said it was any game they can sell on for €35 or so. He was quick to tell me that Pure, lego Batman or Mirrors edge would not be taken.

I bought The Orange Box for €15 so in total I'd be getting Bioshock 2 for €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

I'd suggest doing the trade, then at a later stage just download Portal. Orange Box was well over talked IMO, I thought Portal was one of the most inventive games going but the other stuff on the package was a bit lack lustre. Maybe I just don't get half life but that's my 2c

Ok I've come to my decision. I am going to trade Half life for Bioshock. I can hear Yahtzee screaming. Thanks for the advice all who posted.

Advertisement