Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Android due a sub forum?

Options
  • 16-04-2010 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭

The iPhone is one phone and it has it's own forum (Well I know it's not ONLY for iPhone's but most of it is iPhone/iPod touch related) but with the huge number of Android phones/media players being released does anyone else feel that there is need to make an Android subforum?

Is there a need? 41 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 41 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Not right now I'd say, few threads related specifically to the OS.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Short answer.

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Yes. I've no interest in any other kind of phone,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It will end up with a sub forum. The iPhone is both a phone and an O/S. Android is the O/S with many phones. It will overtake the iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

There was a forum request for this rejected a few weeks back. The admin said they'd look at it again a bit further down the line once Android had a bigger presence on the market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

lord lucan wrote: »
    There was a forum request for this rejected a few weeks back. The admin said they'd look at it again a bit further down the line once Android had a bigger presence on the market.

^This.

It's not my call, it's a joint decision between mods/cmods and Admins. I fully agree Android is gaining momentum, but I am not so sure there are enough posts to warrant a full sub-forum just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

As of this morning, discounting stickies Android phones account for 60% of the threads on the first page of this forum.
    And TBH if there was a dedicated Android forum for general phone and development discussions I would get more involved than I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    ^This.

It's not my call, it's a joint decision between mods/cmods and Admins. I fully agree Android is gaining momentum, but I am not so sure there are enough posts to warrant a full sub-forum just yet.

Even in the last 2-3 weeks its really gained momentum, just now I'm showing ~25 threads in the forum view, 4 are stickies and 11 are android or android app related threads, they outnumber the Nokia and others. The time has come.

Edit; Count is now at 13, Android now outnumber ~60:40

• Registered Users Posts: 16,536 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

a definite YES. as others have said you only have to look at most of the recent threads .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

It's obvious by the response that I'm getting that the forum users are fully behind an Android sub forum. I'm going to make an official forum request and we'll see what happens from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,536 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

It's obvious by the response that I'm getting that the forum users are fully behind an Android sub forum. I'm going to make an official forum request and we'll see what happens from there.

do,its obvious from the poll so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Not now I think but it should definitely be looked at again in the near future when it's more mainstream

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ok, my people are looking into this as we speak and will be back to you as soon as a decision is reached.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement