Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lidl pinot grigio

Options
  • 16-04-2010 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭

recently bought italian pinot grigio in lidl.its supposed to be 12% alcohol but im not convinced of this it all.i think the true alcohol content is much lower.has anyone else found this.it was the one the was buy 4 get 2 free few weeks back.id love if there was way to check alcohol content

ps not sure if this is consumer issue but suppose it is
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

What makes you think it was not 12%?

I would be used to stronger wines say 14% and expect a level of intoxication from 2 glasses say, i know it's only 2% a small number but I would definitely notice a reduced effect so to speak from 2 glasses of 12%. Could it just be you are used to stronger stuff ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Beer & Wine & Spirits

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭smallgarden

calex71 wrote: »
    What makes you think it was not 12%?

I would be used to stronger wines say 14% and expect a level of intoxication from 2 glasses say, i know it's only 2% a small number but I would definitely notice a reduced effect so to speak from 2 glasses of 12%. Could it just be you are used to stronger stuff ?

it was white wine so normally white wines i drink would be similar if not lower percentage.ive tried two bottles of it.after drinking full bottle i wasnt even slightly tipsy and had no hangover next day.normally full bottle of white wine and id be well on my way.also it had no effect on my friend who normally after just small amount of wine is really tipsy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

A little bit off topic, but i recently tasted Tesco's 'Ogio' Pinot Grigio, reduced from €9.99 to €5.99, and i can honestly say it was probably the worst wine that's cross my lips, much worse than any Lidl or Aldi vino i've had. No balance, lots of acidity but no fruit whatsoever, it was like sour grape-juice, no finish of note. I would not even give one euro for it, nevermind a tenner. Putrid stuff!

wd_3_pro.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭smallgarden

the lidl pinot grigio was fairly alright for the price of it.it wasnt mad acidic like most cheap white wines

• Advertisement
Advertisement