Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City v Man Utd (Sat, 12.45 kickoff)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

flahavaj wrote: »
    I'll be the first to admit Vidic was monstrous today.

F*CKING PRESSURE ON CHELSEA NOW.

Remember this result gives a MASSIVE boost and incentive to Spurs now too.

I knew there would be more twists.

I think it focuses Chelsea if anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Two times in one season. Incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Lukker- wrote: »
    Dream on.

Oh it's you. Yeah, your opinion doesn't count for much. Thanks for the input tho.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭Former Great

As Andy Gray once commentated on a Gerrard goal '' OOOHHHHHHHHHHHH YAAAA BEEEEAUTY............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Scholesy!!

The oldies were goodies today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'd like add something.

COME ON SPURS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Jammy Fúcking cúnts , didnt deserve it at all ah well UTD still aint winning the league:pac::pac::pac:

How did United not deserve that?
    City barely got the ball in the 2nd half and United shaded the first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I can't believe what just happend.

Congrats to MAn United on their 4th consecutive league title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

blueser wrote: »
    Injury time again; will we never learn?

Nope,...
    I'm so fcukin' sick now I could actually spew and as well as that I can't find the bloody Sky remote........:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭rednik

He just signed a new contract.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

JPA wrote: »
    I think it focuses Chelsea if anything.

Quite possibly, but hopefully it plays a little on their minds today. they weren't great vs Bolton so it is possible spurs could do something today. I don't hold much hope for it, but there is a chance. Need spurs to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

He scores goals galore, he scores goals,
    He scores goals galore, he scores goals,
    Paul Scholes, he scores goals!!

rarnes1 wrote: »
    City's next 3 are Arsenal, Villa and Spurs. They are bound to fúck it up

Please God they do.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Watching Man Utd can be so frustrating for opposing fans - I mean 15 seconds left - ffs City. You have to give them credit though, there is a reason why they score so many late goals, they keep on going right until the final whistle. You could nearly sense that goal coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I'd like add something.

COME ON SPURS!

+1 - Yeah let's hope they can boost our title hopes with a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Anyone got a loan of a spurs shirt for a few hours
    :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Fully deserved win. Really dunno what game some people here were watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

My good God. Absolutely lost for words.

Paul Scholes. You are my hero. Come on you ****ing SPURS!!!

Anyone else think COMS was very quiet for a derby?

Warper wrote: »
    Watching Man Utd can be so frustrating for opposing fans - I mean 15 seconds left - ffs City. You have to give them credit though, there is a reason why they score so many late goals, they keep on going right until the final whistle. You could nearly sense that goal coming.

United certainly don't give up while Sir Alex and Mike Phelan are on the sidelines. I was too busy going mental when Scholes scored, did Fergie hop around the place??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Havent a good feeling about us now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Keith barry said that chelsea would win by one goal during the week and man utd would win by one goal today. haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

had a feeling man u would win this , the last big team city played at home was Everton and they got well beat.

Pretty exciting end to the season by all accounts...

half expected Neville to rush to the City fans near the end and tear his heart out and shout obsene words to the fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Ah FFS! City were the better side I thought and deserved the win
    PMSL! If I was a city fan today Id be pi$$ed, they didnt turn up.
    Archimedes wrote: »
    Paul Schoooooooooooooles, he scores gooooooaaals

I wonder can Tevez hear us celebrating through the lining of Vidic's pocket?
    Great at holding the ball up with first touch today, the 2nd touch however was a different matter :D

Jammy Fúcking cúnts , didnt deserve it at all ah well UTD still aint winning the league:pac::pac::pac:

Oh god... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Fully deserved win. Really dunno what game some people here were watching.

Yeah like yourself, both teams were dog**** and showed a total lack of ambition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Warper wrote: »

whats even more satisfying is that "impartial" non united fans cannot even moan about some non existant thing that happened in uniteds favour to win the game . . Swweeeet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Soby wrote: »
    Havent a good feeling about us now

I honestly think Chelsea won't get beaten today, and will probably win. They just seem assred or something under Ancelotti. But this win certainly heaps on the pressure and if they're ever going to fold, it'll be today against a handy Spurs side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Xavi6 wrote: »
    :D

Bellers should enjoy that

lol

oh he enjoyed his time alright

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

baz2009 wrote: »

no atmosphere in that place, main road kicked its balls for curva de sud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

"you've only come to see united" :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Great win for Man U.....can never write them off can ya :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

From a neutral point of view I think there only deserved to be one winner.

City looked very unthreatening for most of that match. I always worry about Vidic playing against in form strikers but he was pretty solid today and Johnn Evans did himself a world of favours, a really good performance from the two centre halfs.

Gary Neville and Valencia were also fantastic. Valencia may not have split defenses open today, but his willingness to run box to box is just fantastic to see from a winger, and Bellamys typical tantrum near the end proved how much the United flank was hassling him.

Rooney looked well of form, petulant and hadn't got the drive in him today like usual, cant be faulted I guess cause of his injury, but I don't think he was as effective as say the Bayern match.

I looked fondly onto Gibson. I was wondering how he'd cope today, much more so from an international viewpoint then a united one. I think he did very well, was composed on the ball and bar one instance where he got caught out on a Carrick his distribution was very good today, needs to learn to press the ball harder over short distances but very good.

Scholes was mighty impressive today and pretty much Schooled the city midfield in how you play composed football. Giggs was very poor. He always tries this outside left boot hook that never works. Ever. Needs to hold the ball better as his role now is very much advanced in the team.

Fully think United deserved the victory, although city did have some chances that were wasted.

hah, and, as a massive Berbatov fan, when he picked the ball up in deep midfield and literally 360'd 3 city players and then just started hurdling towards the city defence I couldnt help but roar

"DO EM, ****ING DO EM BERBA!!!!!"

I cheer for that lad more then I do my own team.

Also quote of the thread

"Could Tevez hear the celebrations through the lining of Vidics pocket?"

That is sheer class.

City however seem to have a pretty solid team. And I'd fully expect them to keep 4th place and next season make a real charge, they are really a team thats going to break and stay in that top four niche.

Yeah like yourself, both teams were dog**** and showed a total lack of ambition.

Lack of ambition?? Who do you support?

United were going forward to get a goal every oppourtunity while handing out a defending masterclass.

It's a very hard ground to win at this season, Chelsea lost, Arsenal lost, but we came out on top! United were under immense pressure and came out smelling like roses.

Going for 4 in a row now.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I honestly think Chelsea won't get beaten today, and will probably win. They just seem assred or something under Ancelotti. But this win certainly heaps on the pressure and if they're ever going to fold, it'll be today against a handy Spurs side.
    Regardless if they win today I can see them losing at Anfield and Utd now with the impetus to win their remaining games, thats the toughest one out of the way now.

• Advertisement

United pushed forward at most opportunities, but there were bad decisions made in and around the box, which made a mess of the attacks.

City were very defensive, but in fairness they can be with the pace of Bellamy, Johnson and Tevez to make quick counter-attacks.

Analysis of the year.
    :rolleyes:

Can you imagine how good the case of wine will be that Alex will send down to Harry tonight if they beat Chelsea :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Lack of ambition?? Who do you support?

United were going forward to get a goal every oppourtunity while handing out a defending masterclass.

It's a very hard ground to win at this season, Chelsea lost, Arsenal lost, but we came out on top! United were under immense pressure and came out smelling like roses.

Going for 4 in a row now.

IF United hadn't scored in the last min due to dreadful tracking back by Stephen Ireland, I'm sure you'd all be singing the SCHOLES IS TOO OLD/SUMMER CLEAROUT tune again. Typical United fans, 7 days ago you were calling for his head..

Drumpot wrote: »
    whats even more satisfying is that "impartial" non united fans cannot even moan about some non existant thing that happened in uniteds favour to win the game . . Swweeeet

Seriously tho'.......
    Is there nothing else that goes on with regards your view of watching Utd play???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Gary Neville was outstanding against Bellamy. Valencia put in a huge shift too.
    So many City players had a poor game. Cant say it was a brilliant performance from us, but **** it we beat what was in front of us.

COME ON YOU SPURS!! :D

Sizzler wrote: »
    Can you imagine how good the case of wine will be that Alex will send down to Harry tonight if they beat Chelsea :D

Horse racing tips for a year.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

United certainly don't give up while Sir Alex and Mike Phelan are on the sidelines. I was too busy going mental when Scholes scored, did Fergie hop around the place??

I dunno, I was too busy going mental myself but for opposite reasons (I backed Chelsea for the PL at the start of the season).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'd like to be gutted but at this stage you just have to laugh. It's pretty evident why we are so far off challenging for big honours. You can't switch off against quality opposition and we did. Onouha's brain fart cost us and we were rightfully punished.

I thought we were the better side in the first half without creating the chances, though United should have been ahead at the break. Vidic was immense in the second half, but our deliveries into the box were generally poor.

Mancini's decision to take off De Jong was mind boggling, especially when that waster Vieira took up his spot. Would Scholes have been left in that much space had De Jong been on? I don't think so.

If you want to win titles then these are the type of games that you need to step up in. Unfortunately for us, only one team did that today.

IF United hadn't scored in the last min due to dreadful tracking back by Stephen Ireland, I'm sure you'd all be singing the SCHOLES IS TOO OLD/SUMMER CLEAROUT tune again. Typical United fans, 7 days ago you were calling for his head..

Because 7 days ago he head a bad performance..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yes! Yes! Oh let me taste your tears, Carlos! Oh, the tears of unfathomable sadness! Mmm-yummy!

Oh how I do love these late goals against City. I think it's fair to say Scholes has justified his contract extension.

Now come on Spurs and make it an absolutely fantastic day.

I want Spurs to win so fcuking much, yes that is stating the obvious.:cool:

Obviously because I want Chelsea to slip up, but I'd love to see City geet sickened and Spurs to rob 4th.

Why don't you stop speculating on what COULD have happened and face facts. I love seeing ABUs cry!

I'm so happy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Epic goal for Scholes! I will be praying for Spurs to win this evening!!

I want Spurs to win so fcuking much, yes that is stating the obvious.:cool:

Obviously because I want Chelsea to slip up, but I'd love to see City geet sickened and Spurs to rob 4th.

Oh god no......
    I'm so sick of these ABC's....:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement