Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City v Man Utd (Sat, 12.45 kickoff)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Mancini should of tuned into sky sports at half time, then he might of figured out scholes was the lynchpin of the utd victory.

Well done to Utd though, the race is still very much in the balance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Lukker- wrote: »
    IF United hadn't scored in the last min due to dreadful tracking back by Stephen Ireland, I'm sure you'd all be singing the SCHOLES IS TOO OLD/SUMMER CLEAROUT tune again. Typical United fans, 7 days ago you were calling for his head..

Your a terrible bad troll. Probably the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Good game Utd!!!
    Damn Scholes:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Why don't you stop speculating on what COULD have happened and face facts. I love seeing ABUs cry!

I'm so happy :D

I don't support City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

rarnes1 wrote: »

It must be love. I'd do the same if I could get my hands on the little ginger tyke.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Hawt!

/grabs tissues

Back in 5 ;)

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I'd like to be gutted but at this stage you just have to laugh. It's pretty evident why we are so far off challenging for big honours. You can't switch off against quality opposition and we did. Onouha's brain fart cost us and we were rightfully punished.

I thought we were the better side in the first half without creating the chances, though United should have been ahead at the break. Vidic was immense in the second half, but our deliveries into the box were generally poor.

Mancini's decision to take off De Jong was mind boggling, especially when that waster Vieira took up his spot. Would Scholes have been left in that much space had De Jong been on? I don't think so.

If you want to win titles then these are the type of games that you need to step up in. Unfortunately for us, only one team did that today.

Brain fart :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

_47662253_neville66.jpg

Looks like he slipped in the tongue.

• Advertisement

Osu wrote: »

Then don't read my posts? You don't have to reply to all my posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

If i had gotten near him after that goal i'd have done a lot worse to him!

Take a bow son, take a bow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I dont blame nev

I would kiss him too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Then don't read my posts? You don't have to all my posts.

Your posts suggest your a Chelsea fan. So I'll gladly not read them. Utter tosh is what that is.

And English?

Ug-oh. Another contradictory post by a United fan. Shock/Horror.

JPA wrote: »
    _47662253_neville66.jpg

Looks like he slipped in the tongue.

I would have too tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Osu wrote: »
    Ug-oh. Another contradictory post by a United fan. Shock/Horror.

Give it a rest will ya

Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Yes! Yes! Oh let me taste your tears, Carlos! Oh, the tears of unfathomable sadness! Mmm-yummy!

Fergie, Fergie sign 'em up ;)

Seriously though, Vidic was absolutely excellent against him today. I was happy to see Obertan thrown on too. I'd love to see him get more game time. Everytime I've seen him he has been pretty impressive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

David Blaine is said to be pissed off with news that his record feat if doing nothing in a box for 42 days has been beaten by Berbatov.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

scholes was excellent today and that header was fantastic.mcallister and lee in the studio were good aswel ,its great when you dont have to listen to jamie talkin ****e.
    delighted franny lee told richard he was talking crap near the end of the show aswel .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

One man team United dont win without Rooney . . What happened today > > > :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'd like to be gutted but at this stage you just have to laugh. It's pretty evident why we are so far off challenging for big honours. You can't switch off against quality opposition and we did. Onouha's brain fart cost us and we were rightfully punished.

I thought we were the better side in the first half without creating the chances, though United should have been ahead at the break. Vidic was immense in the second half, but our deliveries into the box were generally poor.

Mancini's decision to take off De Jong was mind boggling, especially when that waster Vieira took up his spot. Would Scholes have been left in that much space had De Jong been on? I don't think so.

If you want to win titles then these are the type of games that you need to step up in. Unfortunately for us, only one team did that today.

De Jong looked to be running gingerly for a few minutes and was limping around, I think his withdrawl was more an injury concern then a tactical one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Can't wait for Premier Soccer Saturday, Match of the Day and Goals on Sunday.:D

David Blaine is said to be pissed off with news that his record feat if doing nothing in a box for 42 days has been beaten by Berbatov.

Tommy Tiernan?

Drumpot wrote: »

You missed the match I take it?

Drumpot wrote: »

Neverending!!:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Rooney might as well not of been there

he was a passenger for the game and still looks a tad injured

Headshot wrote: »
    Rooney might as well not of been there

he was a passenger for the game and still looks a tad injured

He was quiet alright, clearly not fully fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

god i love football.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'd be playing Berbatov up front with Park/ Nani / Macheda and have Park/Nani and valencia on the wings for the remainder of the season unless Rooney is 100% completely fit.

And as someone who had alot of trouble with ankle injuries in the past, its not something you get over that quickly, especially what he did.

No doubt he is on those injections, which if you have never had, are very potent, make you unaware for hourly periods of the pain and stress on your injury and he could be doing more damage.

I'm sure the united medical team are aware of this and maybe it isnt as bad as first thought, but somehow I doubt its going to be healed properly in the next few weeks.

• Advertisement

One man team implies you cant win without that player . . United scored after he had been taken off . . Guess some of you guys should look up the meaning of the term before trying to be smart . . :D

2mxn2ab.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

What a buzz , fantastic result , very surprised by the City performance to be honest , Keeps the title race door open by a crack ,just a crack but we can dream . If only for a few hours .:) come on Spurs

To Xavi6 and Fluffyorganic1 and Co. as a football fan my heart goes out to ye ,What a horrible way to lose both games this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

yabadabado wrote: »
    delighted franny lee told richard he was talking crap near the end of the show aswel .
    I enjoyed that too. Put Keyes back in his box sharpish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

SCHOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A GOAL!!!!!!!!! 19. 19. 19. STILL ON!

/Ahem. Was too excited to post at the time of the goal. Football. Bloody hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

City showed no ambition in trying to win the game.

http://www.soccerclips.net/videos/man-city-0-1-man-utd-scholes

Link of goal, may be taken down anytime ! ! ! Enjoy it while you can . .

Just looking at the goal again, its actually shocking that in the last minute of the game with City sitting back, no one even considers tracking Scholes' run into the box. He starts the move then just saunters in there totally unopposed.

With indiscipline in midfield like that you deserve nothing tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

flahavaj wrote: »
    Just looking at the goal again, its actually shocking that in the last minute of the game with City sitting back, no one even considers tracking Scholes' run into the box. He starts the move then just saunters in there totally unopposed.

With indiscipline in midfield like that you deserve nothing tbh.
    Sloppy by city to give away possession in first place but Scholes to be fair took goal well. As Lee said probably one of the best players they had under Fergie. A terrific pro

• Advertisement

It should have been Viera's job to track the run of Scholes. But that said, Stephen Ireland was on the edge of the box and seemed to do absolutely nothing.

It should have been Viera's job to track the run of Scholes. But that said, Stephen Ireland was on the edge of the box and seemed to do absolutely nothing.

In that situation I'd be loking at Ireland tbh, he ws right there and he couldn't NOT have seen Scholes drifting in.

Ah well, till next time!!

Good result for Utd fans.....Enjoy..

It is nice tho' to have had a game without any real controversies in it
    except for..........................

How the hell is that old geriatric still fecking up City???;)

Next year lads.....wait till next year:p
    As we say every year:(

Anyhow, congrats (begrudgingly) to all the Utd fans!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Get in!! Scholesy you little ginger genius.

Nearly went through the roof of the house when that one went in.

Come on the Spurs, do us a favour 'Arry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

flahavaj wrote: »
    In that situation I'd be loking at Ireland tbh, he ws right there and he couldn't NOT have seen Scholes drifting in.
    Again it would made sense for a city player to run down wing instead of playing an ambitious long ball out wide which if memory serves me right is what led to United regaining possession.
    As Lee said City had two chances in second half to go in front and didnt take either

I have to say I was very pissed off with Rooney's antics today.

He laboured around and moaned like a spoilt kid, kicked out at De Jong (yellow card anyone?!), and got Kompany booked with a nice display of the sort of antics the likes of Gerrard are accused of week in, week out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

and got Kompany booked with a nice display of the sort of antics the likes of Gerrard are accused of week in, week out.

I agree. The way he rolled around and then jumped back up once the ref decided to book him was embarrassing.

He laboured around and moaned like a spoilt kid, kicked out at De Jong (yellow card anyone?!), and got Kompany booked with a nice display of the sort of antics the likes of Gerrard are accused of week in, week out.

He wasn't running around as much as usual because his ankle can't be 100% better, he missed de Jong, who went down like a sack a spuds and Fergie said on MUTV that Rooney was hurt in that collision and he got up quickly because he thought Kompany was gonna be sent off, that tackle was the main reasoning why Rooney got taken off.

Sure what do you expect? English refs are going to protect him as much as possible in the run in. What was worse was the reaction of the pundits, criticizing Kompany for targeting his ankle. He made as much contact as Jonny Evans did with Gareth Barry.

baz2009 wrote: »
    He wasn't running around as much as usual because his ankle can't be 100% better, he missed de Jong, who went down like a sack a spuds and Fergie said on MUTV that Rooney was hurt in that collision and he got up quickly because he thought Kompany was gonna be sent off, that tackle was the main reasoning why Rooney got taken off.

So you're justifying a blatant case of violent conduct?

Come on now

So you're justifying a blatant case of violent conduct?

Come on now

Ya'd swear he tried to headbutt him or something, yes, he swung out a leg with no intention of getting the ball but it wasn't a full force kick or anything Jerry Flannery-esque.

• Advertisement
Advertisement