Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City v Man Utd (Sat, 12.45 kickoff)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Fair play to Mancini. Gave a no nonsense interview. And again Fergie saying United deserved to win the game. Again he just tends to have this blinkered view of games sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I have to say I was very pissed off with Rooney's antics today.

He laboured around and moaned like a spoilt kid, kicked out at De Jong (yellow card anyone?!), and got Kompany booked with a nice display of the sort of antics the likes of Gerrard are accused of week in, week out.

I think the literal translation of this is something like 'boo boo wah wah sour grapes cries'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

did ferguson really say that Rooney got up so quickly after the card was brandished cause he didn't want the player to be sent off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Fair play to Mancini. Gave a no nonsense interview. And again Fergie saying United deserved to win the game. Again he just tends to have this blinkered view of games sometimes.

To keep going right until the end and push for the win like that is surely deserving of something. They in fact did score so therefore deserved to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

baz2009 wrote: »
    He wasn't running around as much as usual because his ankle can't be 100% better, he missed de Jong, who went down like a sack a spuds and Fergie said on MUTV that Rooney was hurt in that collision and he got up quickly because he thought Kompany was gonna be sent off, that tackle was the main reasoning why Rooney got taken off.

That is such nonsense from Fergie. My goodness!

Get in!! Scholesy you little ginger genius.

Nearly went through the roof of the house when that one went in.

Come on the Spurs, do us a favour 'Arry.

I ran to the end of the garden screaming!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

United scored 1 times, City scored 0 times. Therefore United did deserve to win.
    It's simple maths.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ya'd swear he tried to headbutt him or something, yes, he swung out a leg with no intention of getting the ball but it wasn't a full force kick or anything Jerry Flannery-esque.

He wasn't even booked despite kicking out.

That's ridiculous, no matter what the game or player involved.
    curry-muff wrote: »
    I think the literal translation of this is something like 'boo boo wah wah sour grapes cries'.

:rolleyes:

It's good that you can take a post at face value and answer reasonably.

Maybe go back and read my post in this thread before that one before you spout your shite.

Good man

In fairnest though, managers cannot really come out against their own players. Rooney's acting was a little awkward to watch as a United supporter. I thought he did it to wind up Citeh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Oops, eh forgot the most important part.:o
    He said that's what Rooney told him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Scholes you beauty!! Ahhh I fùckin love that :D

...ok calmed down a bit now...
    It was a muck game tbf. The two teams were relatively evenly matched. United had the better defence and City had more attacking options. Both teams failed to impose themselves in the centre.

Even with all the accurate passing Scholes was putting around from deep, Fletcher and Gibson just aren't creative enough to play together (and Gibson shouldn't be playing at this level anyway). Rooney had a very tough time of it today. I'm sure his injury was holding him back, especially later in the game, but the real problem was the lack of creative support he got.

But sure we know about United's midfield problems. The bottom line is we've kept our slim chance of winning the league alive and we've made City and Carlos cry again. Good day!

To keep going right until the end and push for the win like that is surely deserving of something. They in fact did score so therefore deserved to win
    Yes but if you look at the two clear chances City had in second half, you could argue City should have. Maybe United were the more clinical of the two but I think Citys ineptitude in front of goal is what angered Mancini so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

hey xavi you didnt even get a chance to change you sig today
    im gutted for ya

FFS, how did Unitd not deserve the win exactly?
    Shading the first have and dominating the second.
    A bit of non-bias from ABUs would be nice sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

To be honest, if I'm a striker and I've just got kicked around the place for half the game and I get a late kick on my ankle from behind, I'm milking it. It's different if I don't get kicked at all and fall about the place.

If a referee isn't going to give me anything previous to that, why should I get up and let him off with it? It's a Derby, we don't like each other, he doesn't owe anything to him.

As for the kick on Kompany, yeah it should have been a yellow. More so because it was such a stupid kick out at him rather than a vicious kick.

Paul-Scholes-001.jpg

great pic

Headshot wrote: »
    im gutted for ya

At least I've had the decency to stand by mine.

sorry I couldnt a sf mod told me to delete it............

FFS, how did Unitd not deserve the win exactly?
    Shading the first have and dominating the second.
    A bit of non-bias from ABUs would be nice sometimes.
    Nothing to do with bias. Yeah United took their chances, and City didnt. But on another day City might have put them away and I dont think anyone would have complained about the result had city won

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Ah goodness........

This thread was going so well:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Good thread, would read again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Nothing to do with bias. Yeah United took their chances, and City didnt. But on another day City might have put them away and I dont think anyone would have complained about the result had city won

United were the better team, especially second half. I have no idea what you're on about, as ever.

City as the home team with 4th to play for didn't show half enough ambition to win it and then failed to track Scholes for the winner.

They got what they deserved, which was f*ck all.

And just what has this got to do with City game ;)

should City have had a peno for the Barry incident in the second half? certainly looked like it in the replay.

sorry I couldnt a sf mod told me to delete it............

And you would have kept it up anyway right?

• Advertisement

Mr Alan wrote: »
    should City have had a peno for the Barry incident in the second half? certainly looked like it in the replay.

the kitty cat got his man in the end
    And you would have kept it up anyway right?

we'll never know unfortunately

anyway back to match

get the **** in there

united united

Not at all. He made a pigs ear of the chance and then went over way too easy.

And just what has this got to do with City game ;)

Plenty - Tevez played and didn't score.

I'd have thought that was obvious.

No.

He got what he deserved for not pulling the fucking trigger.

he may have gone over too easy, but he was kicked.

Looked like a complete dive to me.:confused:

• Advertisement

there was definate contact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Just in from the pub and I'm ****ing hammered! :D

So much so that I need to ask ye if ye are seeing the numbers on the jerseys backwards like I am on this video.

What a goal by Scholes. The only time I really remember him going forward in this game and he scores!!

I swear the pub I was in went ape. Some lad made a jump over a chair that a horse wouldn't make over a fence in the grand national, flattened himself on the tiled flloor but such was the adrenalin, he didn't give two ****s. Unreal!!

Ah, I'm over the ****ing moon!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I have to say I was very pissed off with Rooney's antics today.

He laboured around and moaned like a spoilt kid, kicked out at De Jong (yellow card anyone?!), and got Kompany booked with a nice display of the sort of antics the likes of Gerrard are accused of week in, week out.
    So rooney making a meal of it is terrible, but de jong making a meal of the tap he got off rooney is fine. Nice double standards there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

No.

I love people trying to poke holes in our win, whinge at this and that, and to be honest I really don't care - we won!

_47662255_009130862-1.jpg

Yeah probably was but he didnt do himself many favours to be honest before and after tackle and to be fair he didnt make that big deal about it.

mars bar wrote: »
    Just in from the pub and I'm ****ing hammered! :D

So much so that I need to ask ye if ye are seeing the numbers on the jerseys backwards like I am on this video.

QUOTE]

Whole thing looks like it was recorded off the reflection of a mirror.:P

That was fcuking funny!!!!!!

Sven as a spy:D
    What was goin' on with the numbers backwards??

No.

I love people trying to poke holes in our win, whinge at this and that, and to be honest I really don't care - we won!
    Wat are you jabbing about-i wanted United to win. I'm not poking holes in anything, just discussing the game.

So rooney making a meal of it is terrible, but de jong making a meal of the tap he got off rooney is fine. Nice double standards there.

A fair point.

The lack of a booking for Rooney is baffling though, whether he made contact or not. Kompany was at least yellow carded for the ankle tap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

there was definate contact.
    This th Barry incident? Definitely contact but certainly not. enough to take him down dive imo, no way a penalty.

• Advertisement

Wat are you jabbing about-i wanted United to win. .

im shocked

why Mr Alan ?

im shocked

why Mr Alan ?

Probably thinks Pool still have a chance of 4th.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

im gutted for ya

30lkvvt.png

Sorry Xavi. I just had to :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

im shocked

why Mr Alan ?

4th presumably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought Rooney looked quite frustrated today. As if he knew he wasn't quite sharp enough to make an impact. He looked to me about 70% fit today. Didn't seem like he was relishing the occasion like he usually does.

He should have been booked for his kick in the first half and he did look like he was trying to get a reaction from the City fans by hopping up quickly. Sometimes in games against Everton or City the red mist does seem to come down on him. I'd say Fergie was monitoring him closely.

No way do I think City merited a penalty for what happened to Barry. He was looking for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

mars bar wrote: »

Its 'mirrored' because showing copyright material in such a manner makes it perfectly legal.

This is a little known fact of law.*

*may be untrue

Archimedes wrote: »
    30lkvvt.png

Sorry Xavi. I just had to :)

arch can I have that as my new sig please ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

lol go ahead, gonna have to resize it though! ;)

flahavaj wrote: »
    4th presumably.

No need, sure aren't they a shoe-in for it:rolleyes::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

You'll have to resize it though, with the way the vigilantes are around here, it'd last about an hour before being too big.

Advertisement