Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City v Man Utd (Sat, 12.45 kickoff)

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

bad news for Liverpool and the league if City get 4th imo, hence me wanting United to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Headshot wrote: »
    arch can I have that as my new sig please ?
    All of this will come back to you in a bad way. Just ask Xavi :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Xavi6 wrote: »
    A fair point.

The lack of a booking for Rooney is baffling though, whether he made contact or not. Kompany was at least yellow carded for the ankle tap.
    True, rooney should have been booked for his kick. The ref seemed reluctant to hand out cards early on, there were a couplw of probably bookable tackles from both sides early on that weren't shown for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

No need, sure aren't they a shoe-in for it:rolleyes::D

Well I think they still have a shout, yes.

But I was talking about Mr Alan there not myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Mr Alan wrote: »
    bad news for Liverpool and the league if City get 4th imo, hence me wanting United to win.

I hope to God that Spurs get it, I'd rather 'Pool get it over than City too, tbh.

• Advertisement

Not a good enough reason really. Liverpool have to rely on too many results while also having to win all their matches. Which given this season I dont see happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

You'll have to resize it though, with the way the vigilantes are around here, it'd last about an hour before being too big.
    You'd think people would get the spirit of it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

he may have gone over too easy, but he was kicked.

GTFO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Not really bad news for the league.

Bad news for Liverpool alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Not a good enough reason really. Liverpool have to rely on too many results while also having to win all their matches. Which given this season I dont see happening.

So you'd rather that United had lost the league effectively today and Liverpool have no hope of getting 4th than United winning today and 'Pool having a glimmer of hope?

The bitterness is making me thirsty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

baz2009 wrote: »
    mars bar wrote: »
    Just in from the pub and I'm ****ing hammered! :D

So much so that I need to ask ye if ye are seeing the numbers on the jerseys backwards like I am on this video.

QUOTE]

Whole thing looks like it was recorded off the reflection of a mirror.:P

Well that's a relief. I was thinking after 4 bottles and me seeing numbers backwards, that I really need more practice at this drinking thing. If Spuds win tonight, I'm going painting the town red! (Yageddit?! :o)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Funny match thread.

We won 1-0, Scholesy is a ****ing hero!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,832 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It was close but thank heavens MU won

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It was close but thank heavens MU won

And Spurs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Where's all the rest of the posts that were here gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Ush1 wrote: »
    Where's all the rest of the posts that were here gone?

Off-topic ie not match discussion bickering I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Off-topic ie not match discussion bickering I'd imagine.

Seems wierd. A mod thanked and didn't delete the original post that was the source of the off topic discussion?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

flahavaj wrote: »
    4th presumably.

Or 5th Sorry I mean 6th or possibly 7th.

Another late late show from United, no matter how often they pull stunts like that I never tire of it.

Results all around gives renewed hope of the title though I'm not looking forward to the Tottenham game, they are on top form at the moment. I assume Terry misses some of the the run in for Chelski after his red. thats a bit of a blow for them .

The Muppet wrote: »
    Or 5th Sorry I mean 6th or possibly 7th.

Another late late show from United, no matter how often they pull stunts like that I never tire of it.

Results all around gives renewed hope of the title though I'm not looking forward to the Tottenham game, they are on top form at the moment. I assume Terry misses the run in for Chelski after his red. thats a bit of a blow for them .

Only the wan match for two yellows I presume?

Spurs will be really tough. They have 6 points already from their three hard matches which is probably more than they could have dreamt. They can nearly go to United relaxed and have a pop. Bale is playing savage too.

Only the wan match for two yellows I presume?

Spurs will be really tough. They have 6 points already from their three hard matches which is probably more than they could have dreamt. They can nearly go to United relaxed and have a pop. Bale is playing savage too.

Yeah I remembered and edited my post, it wasn't a straigh red, wishful thinking on my part.

Bale was excellent today, Spurs could have had four or five, that would have made a nice change to the goal difference.

• Advertisement

Yeah I remembered and edited my post, it wasn't a straigh red, wishful thinking on my part.

Bale was excellent today, Spurs could have had four or five, that would have made a nice change to the goal difference.

They actually tore Chelsea asunder in a way I havn't seen in years. The pressure on them will be absolutely immense now. United have massive massive momentum now.

They actually tore Chelsea asunder in a way I havn't seen in years. The pressure on them will be absolutely immense now. United have massive massive momentum now.

Yeah problem is we have to play tottenham all be it at our place, thats not going to be easy when you consider the current form of both teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

If I was a City fan I'd be raging at Mancini's decision to take off De Jong for Vieira. Unless he had a knock? There was no bite in the midfield once De Jong came off, and I reckon he may well have prevented the goal. Who's job was it to track Scholes? I believe De Jong would've had the work-rate, energy and desire to get back there.

I haven't seen too much of Vieira at City but he seems to bring nothing to the team. He appears lethargic, no energy, no desire. This is exactly what De Jong brings to the midfield. He has been one of City's top performers every time I see him play, an absolute quality player, right but there with Mascherano in that role in my opinion.

You can't afford to have a player like Vieira in that position in a match of that pace (a derby match especially). The Premiership is too fast for Vieira in my opinion, he should consider moving back to Italy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I have to say this is why United have been the top team for two decades because they never give up or loose concentration until the whistle goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

They said on SS that De Jong picked up a slight knock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what has happened to S. Ireland, he doesnt seem bothered tbh and btw it was his fault for the goal

what has happened to S. Ireland, he doesnt seem bothered tbh and btw it was his fault for the goal

"He's a pup."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

It'll be interesting to see what Fergie does to combat Bale alright. Neville just won't cut it with Bale's pace I think. Rafael would be able to run with him alright but he's so unpredctable defensively that it'd be tough to take the risk in such an important game. And considering he tore Ivanovic asunder in the second half, who's been probably the best right back in the PL this season, I don't really know what we can do.

Still though, should be a right cracker of a game. I predict goals.

As Dunphy said on last nights premiership
    "There is a big difference between a great pro (scholes) and a pup (Ireland)" words to that effect.
    Dont know what has happened to Ireland really.

• Advertisement

Watching the repeat of the Premiership again!

Still got a shiver down the spine as Scholes celebrated his goal like a young fella celebrating his first ever goal. You can't buy class and desire to succeed like that, legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

As good as Scholes' finish was, have to give credit too to Berba for his role in midfield in the build up to the goal and in particular Evra for a pinpoint Valencia-esque cross right onto Scholes' head and with pace.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see what Fergie does to combat Bale alright. Neville just won't cut it with Bale's pace I think. Rafael would be able to run with him alright but he's so unpredctable defensively that it'd be tough to take the risk in such an important game. And considering he tore Ivanovic asunder in the second half, who's been probably the best right back in the PL this season, I don't really know what we can do.

Still though, should be a right cracker of a game. I predict goals.

Whoever is played will need to be on their game Rafael is the most likely I suppose but Nevill is playing well too, They say the first yard of pace is in the head so maybe he'll stick with the old Dog.

Whoever is played will need to be on their game Rafael is the most likely I suppose but Nevill is playing well too, They say the first yard of pace is in the head so maybe he'll stick with the old Dog.

Never mind them. GOD will put manners on Bale.

johnoshea.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Have a feeling city will get something out of arsenal they seem to treat it like a derby even when arsenal don't it'll be very intresting to see how city cope with this set back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Saw this on another forum :D

"Mancini is their leader. Tevez is their God. Viera is a has been and Bellamy's a nob. They were on the march to Europe, like back in 69. Then up jumped Scholsey and scored in Fergie time."

• Advertisement
Advertisement