Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City v Man Utd (Sat, 12.45 kickoff)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

IvySlayer wrote: »
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

/whacks with Gucci bag
    Can you lot afford Gucci?
    :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

:mad: :mad: :mad:

/whacks with Gucci bag

Haha, my Prada tote would do a much better job at whacking him!!!

Realised I'm the only female here and the reference is probably lost!!:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

WTF, what's wrong with ye people!!!!:eek:
    We're meant at this point to be slagging the daylights outta each other:D

na we leave our slagging for the man utd v liverpool threads

Headshot wrote: »
    na we leave our slagging for the man utd v liverpool threads

EEEEwwwwww........BURN:D:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

blueser wrote: »
    Can you lot afford Gucci?
    :p

At charity shops yes. >.>

Anyway....Can you post what Citys line up will look like??

Aw fcuk it, the picture thingy won't work for me!!!!

Forget it

At charity shops yes. >.>

Anyway....Can you post what Citys line up will look like??
    Afraid I don't have the ear of "Bobby Manc"! However, if I was picking the team, I'd go for the same line-up as last sunday against Brum, with one change. I'd get Bridge in for Garrido, who doesn't concentrate enough on his defensive duties for me. So;

Given
    Onuoha----Kompany---Toure----Bridge
    Bellamy---Barry---De Jong---Johnson
    Adebayor---Tevez

If Lescott was fit, I'd have him in instead of Toure (not convinced of him).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Mon the City, hammer teh rags!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

3-1 City - Tevez at least two goals :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

The dust cloud over england wasn't caused by the icelandic volcano after all, it was just man city cleaning their trophy cabinet:D

Realised I'm the only female here and the reference is probably lost!!:confused:
    Female?
    istockphoto_4708861-straightening-tie.jpg

The dust cloud over england wasn't caused by the icelandic volcano after all, it was just man city cleaning their trophy cabinet:D
    Wish I had a tenner for every time I've heard that these last few days; could nearly afford to fill up the car! The alternative version is that the dust came from someone dropping the piggy bank at OT!

Female?
    istockphoto_4708861-straightening-tie.jpg

HHHmmmm.....Blueser, How you doin'?????:cool:

Barr wrote: »
    3-1 City - Tevez at least two goals :D

Please god... I just made him my FF capt over Drogba:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I expect a city win, with Tevez being on the score sheet.

• Advertisement

HHHmmmm.....Blueser, How you doin'?????:cool:
    Not too bad for an aul' fella? And yourself? How long have you been following God's own?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

United 3 (rooney2, nani) Bitters 1 (tevez)

Please god... I just made him my FF capt over Drogba:)

Think thats wise ,given Tevez will have a big point to prove tomorrow. Although its hard not to see Drogba getting on the score sheet as well.

Not too bad for an aul' fella? And yourself? How long have you been following God's own?

My dad went to Manchester to work when he was about 15 yrs old in the early 1950's......Walked into a pub one afternoon which happened to be a city supporters pub and he has followed them since...
    He was in around the Blackburn area so could've been just as easily them:eek:

as for me, the hubby is a 'pool fan since he was a teenager but I only started to follow the City about 5 years ago!!!
    I'm an auld one too (35) actually, 36 on Tuesday but my daughter who is 11 is already an avid City supporter!!! Delighted to pass the passion for the club along...Best thing about being 36 this April is that I was born in '74.....Sorry Utd fans ;)
    Bit sad this year to see the 'pool not performing to their best but c'est la vie!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Sick feeling bout this one, United's morale must be rock bottom and City are flying.

Not feeling too optimistic tbh.:(

• Advertisement

My dad went to Manchester to work when he was about 15 yrs old in the early 1950's......Walked into a pub one afternoon which happened to be a city supporters pub and he has followed them since...
    He was in around the Blackburn area so could've been just as easily them:eek:

as for me, the hubby is a 'pool fan since he was a teenager but I only started to follow the City about 5 years ago!!!
    I'm an auld one too (35) actually, 36 on Tuesday but my daughter who is 11 is already an avid City supporter!!! Delighted to pass the passion for the club along...Best thing about being 36 this April is that I was born in '74.....Sorry Utd fans ;)
    Bit sad this year to see the 'pool not performing to their best but c'est la vie!!!
    Like the '74 reference there! :p Bit disappointed to hear you married a scouser though; surely you could have done a bit better for yourself!:D Good to hear though that you've brainwa..., er, educated the young lass to the right path in life. I envy her in a way; she could be about to enjoy a better era in City's history. God knows, I've seen enough of the other! Been following them all my life (47 years and counting; God, I'm old!); born in Manchester and brought up in Moss Side (Claremont Road, about five minutes walk from Maine Road). They're "my club". Oh, and happy birthday, by the way!
    619638.gif619638.gif619638.gif619638.gif619638.gif

Like the '74 reference there! :p Bit disappointed to hear you married a scouser though; surely you could have done a bit better for yourself!:D Good to hear though that you've brainwa..., er, educated the young lass to the right path in life. I envy her in a way; she could be about to enjoy a better era in City's history. God knows, I've seen enough of the other! Been following them all my life (47 years and counting; God, I'm old!); born in Manchester and brought up in Moss Side (Claremont Road, about five minutes walk from Maine Road). They're "my club". Oh, and happy birthday, by the way!
    619638.gif619638.gif619638.gif619638.gif619638.gif
    See now, that's just too weird!!!
    I lived for a few years in a housing estate in Galway called Claremont Park!! always wondered why I felt so happy there, now I know:D
    As for the birthday, it's a bit of a double edged thing.......I was born the same year that Utd dropped but also on the same day as Hitler was born:eek:
    Hopefully when City beat Utd tomorrow it will be start of a whole new fantastic era for City fans......esp, the likes of you and my dad who have had many tough years as loyal City fans.......
    It's been great watching him smiling this past year when he goes out to the garden gate to chat with his many Utd, Chelsea etc friends/neighbours!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Afraid I don't have the ear of "Bobby Manc"! However, if I was picking the team, I'd go for the same line-up as last sunday against Brum, with one change. I'd get Bridge in for Garrido, who doesn't concentrate enough on his defensive duties for me. So;

Given
    Onuoha----Kompany---Toure----Bridge
    Bellamy---Barry---De Jong---Johnson
    Adebayor---Tevez

If Lescott was fit, I'd have him in instead of Toure (not convinced of him).

I could see him changing to a 4-3-3. While they have been playing well in their last 3 games they have been against weaker teams, a 4-4-2 could lead to problems against united. Of course he could go gung ho and we'll see plenty of goals at both ends. :)

All out attack, attack I say!!!!

Seriously, I don't have a clue when it comes to team formations but I did say last week to the hubby that I would love to see Bellamy, Adebayour and Tevez and sure enough, there they were!!!!!!
    Absolute wonderful goalfest and defo wanna see another one:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I reckon United will win by 2 goals to 1. It will probably be a very close affair and tense no doubt as both sides need the victory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

As for the birthday, it's a bit of a double edged thing.......I was born the same year that Utd dropped but also on the same day as Hitler was born:eek:

My Birthday is a day before yours.:D
    16, I'm gonna be legal.:cool::P

I really wanna talk about the match, but I'm afraid I'll jinx it.
    Goalfest is all I'm gonna say.:p

See now, that's just too weird!!!
    I lived for a few years in a housing estate in Galway called Claremont Park!! always wondered why I felt so happy there, now I know:D
    screenshot20100416at230.png
    There you go! The arrow is where I lived for the first 10 years that I drew breath!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Not optimistic about this at all

What would suck majorly is if we lost this, and then Chelsea lost to Spuds :mad:

Dave! wrote: »

What would suck majorly is if we lost this, and then Chelsea lost to Spuds :mad:
    Know where you're coming from actually. Brown trouser syndrome tonight!
    :(
    Then again; if we were to nick the win and Chelsea did the business, life would then be good!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Know where you're coming from actually. Brown trouser syndrome tonight!
    :(
    Then again; if we were to nick the win and Chelsea did the business, life would then be good!
    No it wouldn't :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

After 3 cracking Manchester derbies already this season, this one will probably be a snoozefest. 1 goal will do it. Hopefully its Berbatov scoring it.

lemon.jpg
    :P

No it wouldn't :D
    Oops! Didn't realise you were from the dark side; humble apologies!

After 3 cracking Manchester derbies already this season, this one will probably be a snoozefest. 1 goal will do it. Hopefully its Berbatov scoring it.

Unlikely to all of the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

I'd say there will be a few beer bottles flying from the scummer fans after what happened to Bellamy at Old Trafford. It's a shame that there are people that horrible paying for tickets. I hope it's a peaceful affair, in the stands at least.

I would be very surprised to see Berbatov even make an appearance off the bench.

Valmont wrote: »
    I'd say there will be a few beer bottles flying from the scummer fans after what happened to Bellamy at Old Trafford. It's a shame that there are people that horrible paying for tickets. I hope it's a peaceful affair, in the stands at least.

I would be very surprised to see Berbatov even make an appearance off the bench.

That started from a Citeh fan hitting Evra with a lighter didn't it?

I am so :confused: right now...

Not a mention of the ref for tomorrow?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/16/manchester-city-united-referee
    Guardian wrote:
    Manchester City are demanding an official explanation after the referee responsible for the infamous "Fergie Time" controversy was put in charge of tomorrow's Manchester derby.

Senior officials at Eastlands are so concerned about Martin Atkinson's appointment that, with Roberto Mancini's agreement, they were trying to contact the Premier League's head of referees, Mike Riley, tonight to express their concerns. The club will demand to know why another referee was not appointed.

Atkinson has been switched from Stoke's match against Bolton Wanderers despite being heavily criticised when the teams met at Old Trafford in September. He was the official who awarded four minutes of stoppage time but actually played seven, with Michael Owen scoring a 96th-minute winner for Sir Alex Ferguson's team.

tomorrow's match was due to be officiated by Steve Bennett but he has been on a Uefa course in Romania and contacted the Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) this afternoon to inform them that he had not been able to fly back because of the Icelandic volcano eruption.

Mancini was not at the club at the time of the earlier game but his predecessor as manager, Mark Hughes, was so incensed by Atkinson's timekeeping that he requested an explanation from the Premier League, and the club was not satisfied with the response. Atkinson was absolved by Riley, and the PGMOL has taken the stance that it cannot be influenced by what it perceives to be unfair criticisms.

Atkinson will go into both dressing rooms before the match to remind the players to do nothing to incite the crowd in what Ferguson described as potentially the most important Manchester derby since he took control of United in 1986.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

That's a very strange appointment, basically asking for trouble unless it's a very uneventful game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

What are premiership refs paid? It is a thankless job to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

That's a bad decision, he's gonna blow the whistle after the exact amount shown on the board, even if all that time is spent taking an injured player off, celebrating a goal, or chasing a streaker.:mad:

Pity that added time is only for one team though.
    Guardian wrote:
    ....He was the official who awarded four minutes of stoppage time but actually played seven,...

:rolleyes:

They're as bad as the daily mail now, i'm glad i've never had the pleasure of reading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Ah Dave would you feck off. I was feeling quietly confident about the game for some reason but now you've put this scenario into my head :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Well folks.. Keith Barry predicts united will win it by one goal :p

Part of a number of predictions he got right this week so fingers crossed. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Have a good feeling about this one, assuming Rooney plays that is. If so I reckon United to win it by 2 goals. Given tends to concede against Rooney if memory serves me correctly and I suspect Shay will have a bleak day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

No reason why we can't get three points here, and anything less than a draw will be a very poor result all things considered.

Myself and homerjay2005 have done a little preview on the game here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

United to dominate from start to finish.

2/3-0.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Macheda to score stoppage time winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'm told that Given dislocated a finger in training yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Right the season starts here ,:pac:

3-1 to Utd
    Spurs get a draw

And the lotto numbers are...........

2 out of three wouldn't be bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Sully wrote: »
    Well folks.. Keith Barry predicts united will win it by one goal :p

Part of a number of predictions he got right this week so fingers crossed. :P

F*ckin clown predicted we'd bayte Kilkenny in the All Ireland in 2008 as well and look how that turned out Sully bai.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It's been a tough two weeks for United fans, really tough. As such, I feel we should get a good weekend this time around. United to win 5-0 to close the goal difference, Chelsea to lose to Spurs 5-0 with 3 sendings off for Drogba, Anelka and Lampard and then the title race is back on :)

---

In reality land, this is going to be an interesting game. Honestly dont know how its going to go as its a Manchester derby. City at home gives them an advantage no doubt. I hope Gibson gets the start that he deserves to be honest, as he will provide the support that Berbatov will need to operate in this game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement