Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City v Man Utd (Sat, 12.45 kickoff)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

rooney far from his old self

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

It's just a tight game and he's finding that he has to bide his time. He looks fine to me.

Dont agree at all. A fit Rooney is always looking to make something happen, usually with his movement. Just isnt there today. Simple really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Get Macheda on to support Rooney. Sacrifice . . . Giggs

Fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I think you're just looking for an excuse tbh. Nobody particularly playing well on the man u team at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Rooney could be sitting parked on the pitch in a wheelchair with both legs in casts and we'd still play better for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Good tackle Vida

Christ Tevez is some man to take a dive.

I think you're just looking for an excuse tbh. Nobody particularly playing well on the man u team at the moment.

?

I dont think anyone is playing particularly badly. The fact is that Rooney is not playing how he would normally play and doesnt look sharp. Thats all im saying.

see that abouttobebanned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Aw christ that should be the lead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Don't think we'll get too many chances like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

City look to be on top oin first half. But very close from Rooney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Rooney! Great chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Jeez, Rooney almost had an open goal there!!:eek:

Pulled it a bit, unlucky. Cmon United

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sounds like a poor game in terms of coherent attacking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

United have been much the better of the two teams so far . . City look very nervous . .

Also, they are kicking rooney any chance they get (like Bayern)

City look to be on top oin first half.

Really?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Drumpot wrote: »
    United have been much the better of the two teams so far . . City look very nervous . .

Also, they are kicking rooney any chance they get (like Bayern)

I think your watching the wrong match.

Headshot wrote: »
    see that abouttobebanned

Yeah...you gonna blame an injury for that missed chance?

I'm not disputing that he aint playing great...I'm disputing that it it because he isnt fit.

• Advertisement

Seriously!!!!:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,993 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Nah I think City are the better of the two so far and really taking it to United - sure most of the last 10/15 mins has been in the United half.

Rooneys not on form at all though.. he normally wouldn't miss a chance like that.

Good man Given

Seriously!!!!:confused:

I dont know how anyone can say either team has been better this half. Pure stalemate so far with very little chances

In fact, City may have had a bit more of the ball its United that are the ones creating the small chances.

Have spent quite a bit a time in United half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

City on the rack. Defence is like an old woman's handbag waiting to be pickpocketed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

How did he not score?

Hate that fcuking pin-ponging in the box!!!!!:eek:

City on the rack. Defence is like an old woman's handbag waiting to be pickpocketed
    Carlsberg dont do bad metaphors but if they did :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

That first half was a bit all over the place really. No real pattern. Rooney with the best chance of the half, should have stuck it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Have spent quite a bit a time in United half

Doing pretty much nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Not much in it IMO, very happy at how United have come into it in the latter stages of the half. I think they can open up the City defence if they get at them enough.

Thought we shaded the half. City not creating much at all which surprises me.

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    I dont know how anyone can say either team has been better this half. Pure stalemate so far with very little chances

In fact, City may have had a bit more of the ball its United that are the ones creating the small chances.

Didn't say either was better, it's Drumpot who feels that Utd are doing better than City, personally, I think they are both playing on an average keel:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Fcuk giggs and his god damned flicks to no one. pisses me off no end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Good start but it has been a bit dull for the rest of the first half. Rooney had the only real chance. Here's hoping for some fireworks in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Giggs uses his right foot there and he scores 9/10 times....

Frustrating half, United in control for the best part of it but not really creating a huge number of chances. At the same time they should probably have scored 2 of the chances they had, Rooney & Giggs. Tevez unlucky with the free kick but City aren't really threatening in the final 3rd as of yet.

Could go either way in the 2nd half to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

giggs has been **** ,he has given the ball away constantly with his poxy flicks .he must have tried them 7/8 times around the city box and all have been ****

Didn't say either was better, it's Drumpot who feels that Utd are doing better than City, personally, I think they are both playing on an average keel:)

Citys only chance has been a free kick . . United had at least two clear cut chances (giggs and Rooney) coupled with creating several good opportunitys (given with good save, fletcher free on far post from last gasp tackle from city defender) . . United look more comfortable on the ball and look much more likely to open up the City defence. . City are better then this so only explanation for me is that they are really nervous . .

• Advertisement

Me too....I'd say for everytime it works theres 50 times that it doesnt work

that and gibson thinking he can score from anywhere
    doing my bloody head in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

There's nothing in this game really. United have probably had more of the ball but City are happy to let them have it and then closing down very well when the ball comes into a dangerous area. BBarring the two chances, they've defended really well.

City are clearing the ball long out of defence and trying to get Bellamy and Johnson on the ball for a quick break but for all the counter-attacking they've done, not a whole lot of chances have come their way.

redout wrote: »
    Cant multi-task ?

Sure you are a woman ? :D

I'm not your typical woman!!!!!! Love football, can't understand those that don't get it:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Bit of a non-event really, that first half. Utd probably just shaded it, although neither team is playing brilliantly. Bobby needs to get our midfield sorted out, to get more supply to the front men. Maybe get Stevie I on for Barry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

City well on top up until the Rooney and Giggs chances, which were both as a result of fast breaks, whereas City have carried a threat throughout.

Surprisingly City looking very comfortable when not in possession.
    Defending very well and Utd looking very weak on the creativity front.

Would fancy City to win it in the second half when Giggs, Scholes and Neville tire. Ref doing ok but should have been a yellow fro Rooney.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

yabadabado wrote: »
    giggs has been **** ,he has given the ball away constantly with his poxy flicks .he must have tried them 7/8 times around the city box and all have been ****

Four times, actually and one of them worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I have Giggs's flicks losing possesion 4 times, a nice pass once, and one glorious chance missed.

Pulling my hair out. Nani on plz.

Funny all the talk of it being an even game and even A former Leeds/Liverpool player and a manchester City legend disagree with this sentiment . .

The trolls are out in force today . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I thought United were easily the better team in the first half.

Had a ton of possession in City's half and created two great chances to City's zero.

Scholes had a good chance from just outside the box as well.

Scholes is playing well today. Giggs is terrible.

Rooney looks fine to me - haven't seen anything to indicate he's carrying the ankle.

Could be worse. We could be watching Celtic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement