Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension (2 year rule)

Options
  • 16-04-2010 7:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13

Ive been only paying into my pension for 18 months. Im going to Austrailia for the year and have been informed that because i havent been contributing for more that 2 years im entitled to withdraw my contributions less tax

Its a CWPS pension.

Ive contacted them via email and this was the response
    have checked your account your last contribution was January 2010 is that correct. What that means is that you are not able to transfer till January 2011 to another pension scheme

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Who are you employed by? I know if you work for the HSE (and I'd assume all public servents) tha tif you are leave with less than 2 years service you can take your pension (less tax) HOWEVER if you ever get a job with them again you have to repay it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 kdevaney

mel.b wrote: »
    Who are you employed by? I know if you work for the HSE (and I'd assume all public servents) tha tif you are leave with less than 2 years service you can take your pension (less tax) HOWEVER if you ever get a job with them again you have to repay it.

Im employed by a construction company

The HSE system is where i got the idea. My friend was nurse and when see went back to do her Masters she was able to claim back her pension.

Advertisement