Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clothing sizes change

• 16-04-2010 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭

Something I've noticed about myself. I used to buy XL in t-shirts and they always fitted but I've noticed now that while I'm more or less the same size and weight, XL t-shirts seem to be too small. But when I buy a fleece or jacket in XL, it seems to fit fine.

Have clothing sizes been adjusted recently or is it just me?

Sorry for the vague nature of the question.

And yes, I am doing something to lose weight.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Are you buying from different shops at all? I find shops really vary in sizes. I can be anything from an 8-12 depending where I go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tray_wkd1

Don't worry .. i have the same problem (along with half the rest of the country):confused:...can't seem to find any nice tops in the size i've always worn..most of the shops are defo cuttin costs somewhere in tryin to save on material ha ha... tulip dresses/skirts and bubblehem seems to be all thats around now:(..keep up the good work on the fitness regime ..i'm on the same path:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

if that's about male XL sizes, then yes the Xl shirts are smaller than jackets, if not bothered about brands then Heatons XL are def XL in the shirts. See it with the OH's clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I've noticed this with guy's clothes recently, the tshirts all seem a lot more fitted or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's the reason i stay away from topman/zara etc. i'm usually a M-L is decent clothes shops but the likes of topman I'm a XXL minimum it's ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

it's the reason i stay away from topman/zara etc. i'm usually a M-L is decent clothes shops but the likes of topman I'm a XXL minimum it's ridiculous.

Their menswear should really be renamed to 'boyswear'. It's ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I haven't noticed it. But I suppose it depends on the shop. There's a lot of shops whose sizes are ridiculously tiny and not that many whose sizes are bigger than the norm!

Advertisement