Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It should not take five days to reply to a thread

Options
  • 16-04-2010 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭

I posted this thread four and a half days ago on the Help Desk. It is a reasonable complaint, but I have not even received a "Hey, we're debating this, give us a little while alright?" message. As far as I am know, despite me posting a bump message, it has been completely ignored.

That is rude.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

No it shouldn't.

However, it does seem like yet another "front" in the rolling argument between you two and that you were reporting them for bloody-mindedness rather then any great issue. A trick Boston has pulled before too.

So, its quite possible that the admins looked at it and decided it was a waste of their time, which to be fair, it is.

I've answered it now, so this thread is redundant.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

DeVore wrote: »
    you were reporting them for bloody-mindedness rather then any great issue.

After my years of doing my part to help this site, I am surprised to see you take the thread as only something as a "running argument" (with a bloke I occasionally talk to in real life) rather than at its face value, and that my complaint is redundant.

Nice one. Thanks, DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Should I take it at face value? Because in your own reported post you make it clear that you arent offended and you appear to be simply "running to mummy to tell her that Joe is pulling your hair again". Given that you yourself didnt consider it important, I fail to see how you can straightfacedly tell me that you arent simply scoring points. I banned Boston in part for doing the same to others, so should I treat you differently? Or perhaps you would prefer not to have me adjudicate your spat.

I dunno, you complain when we dont make a ruling and now you complain when I do.
    There's no pleasing some people.... :)
    exleper.jpg

DeV.

Should I take it at face value? Because in your own reported post you make it clear that you arent offended and you appear to be simply "running to mummy to tell her that Joe is pulling your hair again". Given that you yourself didnt consider it important, I fail to see how you can straightfacedly tell me that you arent simply scoring points. I banned Boston in part for doing the same to others, so should I treat you differently? Or perhaps you would prefer not to have me adjudicate your spat.
    Come on, DeV. You of all people should know that there's a helluva difference between thinking someone is breaking the rules and getting offended by it. I know Boston, I know what he's like and it's water off the duck to me, but I still think it's against the rules.

By the same token, I don't think you're breaking the rules in this thread, but I am surprised and pretty offended by it.
    I dunno, you complain when we dont make a ruling and now you complain when I do.
    I've never had a problem with someone disagreeing with me. I complain when it takes four days to make a ruling without any word back. I think that's just bad manners.

Slán.

And the very first words to you in my very first reply were?

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Next step is to take the dispute to the CMod innit?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

And the very first words to you in my very first reply were?
    I've been dumped enough times to know the very first words aren't always a great indication of what follows :D

Maybe TM it was just a simple oversight? It happens. I've dropped the ball so many times in life and in here I doubt the existence of my hands.

HD is a forum I rarely enough drop in on, but in the last few months I have. Mainly TBH cos of the left field threads started there and the oft bemusement of same. What I have noted other than the WTF? threads is the responses of the admins. Not ignoring others, but Tom Dunne in particular. That man deserves a bronze statue for his diligence and patience. If Buddha is out there in the ether, he's looking at TD and going "Kudos man, no seriously...".

As I say most likely just an oversight TM. A PITA if it happens to you, but 100% coverage isnt possible, unless you're the RuuBot2000.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I have to be honest, TM, I genuinely didn't see it.

It was an oversight and from what I can gather, it appears to have slipped off the first page of the Help Desk before anyone got a chance to reply to it, despite the bump.

I don't think it was consciously ignored, it just slipped through the cracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Have to admit that I did see it and meant to respond but got distracted by RL stuff. Then I forgot to come back to it.

Not an intentional ignore and sorry if thats how you felt.

Gordon wrote: »
    Next step is to take the dispute to the CMod innit?
    Done well over a week ago, Gordie.
    LoLth wrote: »
    Have to admit that I did see it and meant to respond but got distracted by RL stuff. Then I forgot to come back to it.

Not an intentional ignore and sorry if thats how you felt.
    Tom Dunne wrote: »
    I don't think it was consciously ignored, it just slipped through the cracks.

No problem, lads. Fully respect that you two missed it and I hope you fully understand where I'm coming from seeing twenty-odd threads replied to before mine.

DeV, with respect, I don't think your post warrants a response.

• Advertisement
Advertisement