Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can eircom do this?

• 16-04-2010 7:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Just a quick one.I am trying to find out what to do.Have been with eircon for the past 2 years and have 1mb as thats all i could get.Well it went out of the blue a week to 2 weeks ago and i have been trying to get it back but to no avail.Had engineer out and he failed rang support and was told that i would have to cancel my service.I asked why after 2 years and was told it was a deterioration of the line and thats just what the so called techie kept saying.Is there anything i can do surely they just cant cut me off just like that.Please give me a bit of advice!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Redriddick wrote: »
    Hi there,

Just a quick one.I am trying to find out what to do.Have been with eircon for the past 2 years and have 1mb as thats all i could get.Well it went out of the blue a week to 2 weeks ago and i have been trying to get it back but to no avail.Had engineer out and he failed rang support and was told that i would have to cancel my service.I asked why after 2 years and was told it was a deterioration of the line and thats just what the so called techie kept saying.Is there anything i can do surely they just cant cut me off just like that.Please give me a bit of advice!

Unfortunately they can do this. If the engineer has deemed it as a non starter it's hard to get it checked again and for the broadband to be reconnected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Unfortunately they can do this. If the engineer has deemed it as a non starter it's hard to get it checked again and for the broadband to be reconnected.

Update!!!!!!
    Well after a month without i got my bb back 3 weeks ago.Rang and rang and then got number of an engineer then rang him.Got him out and he could not figure it out.Left it then a week later it was back dont know what was wrong with it but its back.Then the bill arrived and was charged for the bb even though i had not got it.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Then the bill arrived and was charged for the bb even though i had not got it.:D

I'd ask to talk to a supervisor about that... there's no way I'd pay for a service that I wasn't receiving. Their lines degrading due to their lack of maintenance is hardly your fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Ring the billing/complaints department. The eircom numbers should be in the first few pages of your phonebook. I'm not sure what the procedure is after the bi-monthly bill has come but they should refund for the time without broadband.

Ring the billing/complaints department. The eircom numbers should be in the first few pages of your phonebook. I'm not sure what the procedure is after the bi-monthly bill has come but they should refund for the time without broadband.

Was on to them there guys and guess what i got €19.27 cent back whoopee!!!Think its time for a move to someone else, especially after there carry on.ANy idea who to go to?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 deiced

where abouts are you based to see what is available in your area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Was on to them there guys and guess what i got €19.27 cent back whoopee!!!Think its time for a move to someone else, especially after there carry on.ANy idea who to go to?

Well unfortunately your DSL options aren't great as it's very likely that whoever you end up receiving service from will just be leasing Eircom's lines.

As a previous poster said if you could tell us what area you're in we'd know what to recommend.

Achilles wrote: »
    Well unfortunately your DSL options aren't great as it's very likely that whoever you end up receiving service from will just be leasing Eircom's lines.

As a previous poster said if you could tell us what area you're in we'd know what to recommend.

On the knockcroghery exchange in roscommon.Dont know whats on offer but would rather go to vodafone or anything.I have 1mb and think thats all i can get but what with eircom jumping on board with irma and the likes i dont think i will be the only one jumping ship.;)

Advertisement