Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FM104 comp for Greenday Photopass

• 16-04-2010 7:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

http://www.fm104.ie/utilities/content_page.aspx?id=2300

I won one of these a few years back for Extreme and had great fun. Couldn't commit myself to doing it again I dont think but anyone aspiring to be a gig photographer this is a great opportunity.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

i do find it amusing that the title of the competition is:
    BE A PHOTOGRAPHER FOR A DAY!

but in actual fact, they will get about 10 minutes of being a photographer, seeing as if they are lucky they'll get 3 songs and as most of green days songs are 3 minutes long, it'll all be over very quickly

gigs in marley are normally a good challenge to shoot even with a long lens, good luck to the winner if they are down in the pit with just a compact camera....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭dan759

Will the pass only cover the first 3 songs as usual?

Anyone been listening so far? Would like to know if the comps over yet instead of listening to an hour of dance music :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

war photographers in Iraq are safter than photo pits...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Well when I won it was 2 tickets to the gig one being the ticket with access to the photo area and passes to meet the band afterwards. It was just the 3 songs but had great craix. To be honest I think they judge nit only by the picture but also be what you write in your entry, I.e I wrote I was into photography and had covered gigs before. It then got down to a phone on, I got easy questions the other entrant got really hard questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I have no headphones for my laptop and the radio won't pick it up.. Any info?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭dan759

The show that the give-away is on isnt on tonight.. so its hard to know when to listen lol

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

badger the right people enough and passes aren't the hardest thing in the world to come by. A bit of googling... a bit of charm, and a well presented email can go a long way

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pauld1

badger the right people enough and passes aren't the hardest thing in the world to come by. A bit of googling... a bit of charm, and a well presented email can go a long way
    hi how what kind requirements are needed to get these type of passes are they pro only?and what would you say when your asking them?
    thanks
    paul d:o

pauld1 wrote: »
    hi how what kind requirements are needed to get these type of passes are they pro only?and what would you say when your asking them?
    thanks
    paul d:o

its completely up to the discretion of the event booker/event controller. They are the ones that write your name on the list for the gig, so its a matter of impressing them with pleasantries or credentials, pleasantries works wonders :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I know the manager of the Academy and even he cannot sort me a photo pass for the New York Dolls in 2 weeks, only in house photographers and the bands own, Punk Rock*? Me bollix.

*Punk Rock ethos is DIY.

• Advertisement

I know the manager of the Academy and even he cannot sort me a photo pass for the New York Dolls in 2 weeks, only in house photographers and the bands own, Punk Rock*? Me bollix.

*Punk Rock ethos is DIY.

really... thats unusual. is it a 'toxic' gig? ;)

oh and by the way AH

*Punk Rock ethos is DIY.

its not its HOT TOPIC

:D

really... thats unusual. is it a 'toxic' gig? ;)

Not sure if it's 'his' gig but he hasn't got the pull when it comes to some of these prima donna bands that he otherwise would have. I hate the academy but I know the ny dolls woulda looked good on the ole cv.
    I did get the promise of an AAA pass fir the 4 day Rebellion pass in Blackpool though. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I know the manager of the Academy and even he cannot sort me a photo pass for the New York Dolls in 2 weeks.

want me to try arrange something ? ....even if its only first 3 songs and then ....out !!

Sure give it a go....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

PCPhoto wrote: »
    want me to try arrange something ? ....even if its only first 3 songs and then ....out !!

Paddy you'll be the "Jim'll fix it" of boards shortly!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

Anyone know the details of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Ballyman wrote: »
    Paddy you'll be the "Jim'll fix it" of boards shortly!! :)

well.... if I'm able to help people - I will.....I'm a firm believer of Karma....so someday I might need a hand and hopefully someone will be there for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Well you're due a big bucket of karma shortly so with the amount of people you have helped out

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

Ballyman wrote: »
    Well you're due a big bucket of karma shortly so with the amount of people you have helped out

I second that pcphoto has helped me out more than once lending out expensive equipment with no problem and also helping to gain access to events if possible,only thing is now that i am hooked at this photog thing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pauld1

PCPhoto wrote: »
    well.... if I'm able to help people - I will.....I'm a firm believer of Karma....so someday I might need a hand and hopefully someone will be there for me.

whant to try get me a pass for oxegen or electric picnic ??;)

Advertisement