Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

White Trainers, Which Socks?

• 16-04-2010 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi,

Just a quick question. My son who is 14 wears jeans and white puma runners. Should he be wearing black socks or white socks?? Abit of a debate going on in the house about this - so thought I would get the definitive answer from you fashion experts out there.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I'm a teenage boy and it would have to be black socks. Sport socks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

white sports socks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

I always wear white socks with trainers for the first go off, cos if I wear coloured ones then fuzz from the socks gathers on the lining of the trainers as it wears making them look dirty inside. Once the lining wears in a bit I just wear what ever cos it doesn't stick to them anymore then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

greetings wrote: »
    I'm a teenage boy and it would have to be black socks. Sport socks though.

You must be the only teenage lad I've read/heard saying that black socks are better than white.:confused:

White, definately. Black look completely wrong, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

baz2009 wrote: »
    You must be the only teenage lad I've read/heard saying that black socks are better than white.:confused:

White, definately. Black look completely wrong, imo.

my brother prefers black socks too so he's not the only one :p he wouldn't wear them with White trainers though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Fashionista:)

Oh lord definitely white!! Probabaly the only instance where white socks are acceptable, but with white runners its a must!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

yeah, that's the only time i don't wear black socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

I'm not a teenage boy but I'd definitley say white socks. Black socks with white runners just looks strange it my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

My brothers swear by white sports socks; both sorta wear converse, and skater runners..

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭PaddyJules

Thanks everyone for your comments. So out with the black socks and off to the shops to stock up on white ones.

• Advertisement
Advertisement