Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

ciaran76 wrote: »
    I seen this (Okchim) in the off licence in Ongar recently.

Yeah you gotta go to the Polish Settlements ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

This week is a combination of

Desperados My New Favourite drink

&

Cobra

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    This week is a combination of

Desperados My New Favourite drink

[/URL]

Beer that tastes like Tequilla? What's it like?

I'd never consider sitting down to sup on a glass of tequilla so can't imagine drinking a few of these :confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Beer that tastes like Tequilla?
    Nope. It tastes nothing like tequila or beer. It's a sugar-packed alcopop: Bacardi Breezer for boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I know it was last week but still going to post it.

Big Daddy and Prohibition. Both really nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭uncle-mofo

Dutch mould. Times are tough! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Murphyt

I had a reliable bottle of bishops finger and a little gem called punk IPA from brew dog, beautiful it was and makes me want to try more of their selection if I could get my hands on it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Murphyt wrote: »
    makes me want to try more of their selection
    There's lots of it about. See DrinkStore, for instance. Trashy Blonde and Zeitgeist are particular favourites of mine, and Tokyo* really is worth €9 a bottle. Can't say the same for Tactical Nuclear Penguin at €60 (or any price really) -- it's yuk, IMHO.

I never knew about that drink store before thanks for that, I was being put off a little with the idea of ordering from scotland but this is an irish store I can order from so will do.
    I checked out their website and like the look of a lot of their beer, the 5am saint amber will be on my list.
    The tactical nuclear penguin is a little mad, I like the idea as much as that they are genuine enthusiasts experimenting with beer so go for it, but I think I would simply prefer a bottle of whiskey.
    thanks again for that site

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

The 5am saint amber is available in O'Briens as well (well the Dalkey branch had some).

• Advertisement

The 5am saint amber is available in O'Briens as well (well the Dalkey branch had some).

Nice one cheers, the drogheda branch did not have it last time I was in so I may ask if they will transfer some up the M1.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

Sitting here drinking a bottle of Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Märzen. It's different anyway I'll give it that. It has a smokey bacon flavour which is growing on me with every sip.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Tucking into a bottle of banana bread beer at the moment. I'm developing quite a hankering for this stuff.

Might have a bottle of double chocolate stout later

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

Heroditas wrote: »
    Tucking into a bottle of banana bread beer at the moment. I'm developing quite a hankering for this stuff.

Might have a bottle of double chocolate stout later

Where in Dublin can you get the double chocolate stout? I'm in Kilkenny and they don't stock it my local offy. I might pick up a couple of bottles the next time I'm up in Dublin.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Where in Dublin can you get the double chocolate stout? I'm in Kilkenny and they don't stock it my local offy. I might pick up a couple of bottles the next time I'm up in Dublin.

If you ever head waterford way you can grab it World Wide Wines on the Dunmore Road for sure and possibly the new Next Door on the quay.

Or order it from Drinkstore and they will deliver. €10 delivery so order a bunch of fun stuff to make it worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I get it in the "Carry Out Off Licence" in Rathborne up by Ashtown in Dublin.
    Carry Out always have great selections of beers but they're not the cheapest.

Im currently drinking a bitter and twisted.
    Lovely stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Just happened to be in Dublin yesterday so got one of those in Superquinn. Also Adnams Innovation and 5 Porterhouse brews ... Red Brainblásta ale, hersbrucker pils, plain & Oyster stouts.

Then poped into obriens and got some Brewdogs ... 5am Saint, 77 Larger, Punk IPA & a Trashy Blonde :D

Might try the Double Chocolate Stout tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Just happened to be in Dublin yesterday so got one of those in Superquinn. Also Adnams Innovation and 5 Porterhouse brews ... Red Brainblásta ale, hersbrucker pils, plain & Oyster stouts.

Then poped into obriens and got some Brewdogs ... 5am Saint, 77 Larger, Punk IPA & a Trashy Blonde :D

Might try the Double Chocolate Stout tonight

You picked up the double chocolate stout in Superquinn did you? Might have to do the same.

• Advertisement

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    You picked up the double chocolate stout in Superquinn did you? Might have to do the same.

Yes Youngs Double Chocolate Stout in Superquinn in Ballinteer. Plenty of Porterhouse stuff but the were pretty much out of Seira Nevada with only 3 botttles of the Pale Ale left.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Yes Youngs Double Chocolate Stout in Superquinn in Ballinteer. Plenty of Porterhouse stuff but the were pretty much out of Seira Nevada with only 3 botttles of the Pale Ale left.

Lovely cheers, will take a spin up to Ballinteer so, looking forward to trying this.

Sipping my Youngs "Luxury" :rolleyes: Double Chocolate Stout as I type. I was a bit dubious about buying this as the last time I had a chocolate something or other it was way too sweet and not to my taste. Must admit this is not bad. This is stout first and fore most which I am glad but yes there is a nice touch of chocolate there too ... more like drinking chocolate in the finish and not does not over power the stout and still plenty of bitter there too to balance. Not bad at all.

On the Adnams Inovation now ... wow this is one tasty ale. I am kicking myself now. SUperquinn were doing a 6 for €12 on the world beers and this at €3.49 is a bit pricey for buying in bulk but if I got 6 of these for 12Euro or even 12 for 24Euro I'd be a happy man ... just a pity I did not know before buying :o Live and learn I suppose.

Just a note to any Superuinn shoppers availing of this offer.
    I don't know if Superquinn realise this or not but I actually bought 13 beers and got 12 of them for 24Euro ( 2 x 6for 12Euro) and I was only charged for the last beer that was scanned which was only 2.29 anyway so I did not get stung for the 3.49 of the Inovation which is the usual way they work these things work i.e. you pay for the dearest. so if buy more than six and less than 12 etc put your expensiove bottles through first ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Haven't had Little Creatures ale in a while. Does anyone know where I can get some in Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

picked up 3 cans of Polish lager to sample.

ZUBR 6%
    WARKA orignal 5.7%
    WARKA strong 6.5%

just drinking the zubr and its not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭gingelion

20090621093410_3428_zubr.jpg

Drink of kings! Can give quite a longlasting hangover though.

on the above polish lagers
    Zubr was a good lager,nice taste and kept its head all the way.
    warka origanal just an average lager imo,nothing special
    warka strong was my favourite of the 3.complete different taste to the origanal.im no expert but i tought a carmel-hoppy taste.
    zubr you could drink 6-7-8 of them on a nice sunny day
    warka strong 3 or 4 on an evening i reckon.

today i was in Superquinn in Blanch and got me 6btls for 12euro
    x2 YOUNGS double choc stout
    x2 ADNAMS innovation
    x2 PAULANER oktoberfest bier
    total savings of 7.78euro.

gingelion wrote: »

Drink of kings! Can give quite a longlasting hangover though.

ANy drink that gives me a long lasting hangover is history :P

Seriously dude find yourself a drink that does not kill you ...they are out there :p

Drinking Porterhouse Oyster Stout at the mo ... smoother and sweeter than the plain I had earlier but I thi nk I prefer the plain eventhough the Plain is a tad light.

Hopefully I can source porterhouse brews in the bottle in Galway at some stage soon.

• Advertisement

had a btl of the youngs choclate stoutand found it ok=nice but nothing special.reckon if i had a 2nd or 3rd i would find it much better.
    just opened a btl of ADNAMS Innovation and IMO its a beautiful drink,the taste of it is magic.
    today i was in O BRIENS and got myself
    x2 O HARAS irish pale ale
    x2 ERDINGER licueisse = i think thats the spelling

the guy in shop said the erdinger is a new beer on the market from an old receipe.
    he also said the o haras is a great drink.
    got the 4 btls for 9.60eoro

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement