Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭ShumanTheHuman

Toyko* - thought it was horrible, very disappointing after Isle of Arran which I really liked. Toyko* reminded me of An Brain Blasta, which might be less than half the strength but every bit its equal in undrinkability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Tried the Franciscan Well's current guest drink last night Barrelhead IPA. There's a whole lot of flavour going on in a mouthful of that, very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,975 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Sarky wrote: »
    Tried the Franciscan Well's current guest drink last night Barrelhead IPA. There's a whole lot of flavour going on in a mouthful of that, very interesting.

That's a great beer - you should have tasted it on cask at the Easterfest - even better!!

That beer is in The Abbot's labelled as Grizzly Beard and is €7 for a 2 pint mass!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

I'm after ordering a selection of bottles from drinkstore, none of which I have had before but I have heard good things about. I can't get any of them here in Kilkenny so I decided to check out drinkstore. The beers are:

Gouden Carlous Classic
    Young's Double Chocolate Stout
    Paulaner Salvator
    Brew Dog Punk IPA
    DogFish Head 90 Minute IPA
    Belhaven Scottish Stout
    Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout
    Jennings Sneck Lifter
    Hook Norton Double Stout

Should be an interesting weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

A visiting friend left half a crate of Miller in the fridge. It's not exactly a complex and refined taste explosion, but it is a refreshing tipple when something more important than drinking is going on at the same time. And free, so I'll not complain. I have a 21 year old sherrywood finished scotch waiting in the wings should the Miller prove lacking. Looks like a good weekend indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Had a Bay Distillery & a Seira Nevada Ale last night in the Salt House both on tap. Not too sure which I prefered but enjoyed both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 spaceoddity

We just got some Schiehallion's in stock in work - might pop in and pick up one or two later today, see what they're like!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭mayto

We just got some Schiehallion's in stock in work - might pop in and pick up one or two later today, see what they're like!

I really liked that Schiehallion , you should enjoy it, great beer :). The hersbrucker hops really work great with it. I must try and make a lager during the winter similar to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Tonight I have got a Sharps Single Brew Reserve 2008 and a Wells Bombardier Satanic Mills to try out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

a Bay Distillery
    Any more info? I guess they've got the kegging plant up and running at Oslo, so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had some Franciscan Well Red in the Gingerman earlier. Was very nice and surprisingly "creamy"

Having a couple of Black Sheep Ale at home now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Just about to open a can of Warka polish beer 5.7%, hope it's nice

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭marbar

had some argentinian beer today
    tasty enough
    biere dors though

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭marbar

Just about to open a can of Warka polish beer 5.7%, hope it's nice

that stuff is nice
    its about 1 euro in poland though. 2.50 or so here i think

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eds

hey the gallic kitchen has nice pies, situated on Francis street, nice beef pies

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I made use of Superquinns current world & craft beer offer which is 6 for €12.
    I was introducing a friend to the joys of proper beer so we got 12 bottles for €24.

Among the favourites were Adnams Innovation, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Youngs dbl choc stout and Chimay. It was a good night.

Blue Moon last night.... 'nuff said!!! :D

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Tonight I have got a Sharps Single Brew Reserve 2008 and a Wells Bombardier Satanic Mills to try out.

Sharps Single Brew Reserve 2008 was really nice liked it alot.

Stanic Mills , this is the 2nd time I have had this and I think it gets better. Very strong flaovours indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Bavaria 5%, cheap and cheerful. Any beer less than 5% should be fcuked out as you may as well drink bottles of Bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Warper wrote: »
    Any beer less than 5% should be fcuked out as you may as well drink bottles of Bud.

? Beer=lager=bud, you really need to try something other that bad lager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

oblivious wrote: »
    ? Beer=lager=bud, you really need to try something other that bad lager

The taste of beer doesnt really do it for me - I just drink it to get pissed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Read the charter before posting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

you're drinking the wrong beers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Just tried Punk IPA and Brooklyn East India Pale Ale today, both excellent but Brooklyn comes out on top for me, anyone recommend some other IPAs for me (apart from Sierra Nevada's, tried and liked them all and Goose Island ones which I didnt like)?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

Try Hop Hazard and Hopalotamus by River Horse and Dogfish Heads 60 Minute and 90 Minute IPA.

The Hopalotamus and 90 Minute are imperial IPAs I suppose, so drink them last!

Man I'm a sucker for the hops. I haven't seen it here in a while but the Great Divide's Hercules Double IPA is another cracking beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

Yep the Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA would be my favourite. There's a lot going on in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

marbar wrote: »
    that stuff is nice
    its about 1 euro in poland though. 2.50 or so here i think

Got it for 1.39 a can in tesco, nice

Drinking Brooklyn's Summer Lager - yes, it does taste 'summery' (can't quite put my finger on it exactly), but it was brought into stock a bit late, considering the weather we've been having lately!
    On another note, I was in Italy a couple of weeks ago and was drinking a beer called....Beer!!! Maybe that's why it was 45c a can, but I tell, it was drinkable! More so than a can of Dutch or Carlsberg here!

Got a few different beers to try this weekend after reading recommendations on here.

Sierra Nevada Torpedo.
    Old Engine Oil
    Dungarvan Blackrock Stout
    Batemans XXB
    Brewdog Punk IPA

Looking forward to this bounty !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,975 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

And a fine bounty it is too!!

All fine beers!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement