Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

River Horse.

HOP-A-LOT-AMUS

Lovely sweet flaversome IPA.

Very nice after a meal of steak and home made chips :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Tonights 2 beers will be :

Viru beer - Estonian beer
    Trade Route Ginger Pale Ale

Will get back later with how good/bad they were.

Viru beer - Estonian beer for a 5% beer its very light tasting almost watery.Not really my kind of beer tbh.The other half liked it as an easy to drink beer but reckons she could only have 2-3 before being bored.
    Almost no head when poured from the bottle either which made it look weird too.
    Don't think i will go for it again.

After that I drank Sierra Nevada IPA to fix my taste buds but never got around to the Trade Route Ginger Pale Ale !

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thelynchfella

was on a sierra nevada buzz last night....bought a selection!!

Trade Route Ginger Pale Ale :
    Very gingery smell and taste. Can imagine it being very nice on a very cold day.

If you dont like ginger stay away :D

Im off to the Bull and Castle now :)

Had Or and Goose island ipa last night. Its not often you can go out and get an Ipa on tap! Both very nice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was feeling adventurous today,so I brought a bottle of ekstra,lithianian beer and I must say I quite like it,not too strong a taste off it and had a nice head to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

grafenwalder (?) from lidl
    Dirt cheap, not great.. But not bad.

I'll try it again..
    Was only 1.19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

had a few bottles of Peroni the other night - not bad at all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

bennyob wrote: »
    Two more Aventinus tonight. It was the best of the 3 I had last night and boy, what a cracker.

Lovely lovely stuff!

Fullers Ale 500ml bottle ... quite nice. Must admit I prefer this bottled than on draught but the draught is not bad either.

And Bombadier from Satanic Mills and really dark stout like ale.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

And Bombadier from Satanic Mills
    Bombardier Satanic Mills from Wells & Young even?
    Sorry, can't help it. Naughty pedant.

BeerNut wrote: »
    Bombardier Satanic Mills from Wells & Young even?
    Sorry, can't help it. Naughty pedant.

Dooohhh ... not my field so you'll have to excuse me ;) ... amateur error :pac:

Heading to the Oslo in Salthill on Saturday for their Beer fest ... don't know what to expect but I hope I'll get to taste a few new beers at least.

I'm missing it, but would be willing to call Black Rock Stout as the beer of the festival in advance. Be sure and get some.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Tried the Baltica Weiss Beer last night. lovely stuff

thomasm wrote: »
    Tried the Baltica Weiss Beer last night. lovely stuff

i like, was only 1.50 in deveney's in dundrum recently

I'm missing it, but would be willing to call Black Rock Stout as the beer of the festival in advance. Be sure and get some.

Thanks for the tip

I have been given a beer by a friend in work which he calls "smoke beer" from his hometown.

Its called Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier I think but here is a link to the brewery website..

http://www.schlenkerla.de/rauchbier/beschreibunge.html

Looking forward to this now on Friday1

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Just having a couple of bottles or Coopers Sparkling Ale, nyom.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I have been given a beer by a friend in work which he calls "smoke beer" from his hometown.

Its called Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier I think but here is a link to the brewery website..

Lovely stuff.
    Like drinking a glass of bacon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

I love Schlenkerla Marzen. Had a bottle of it over the weekend, lovely stuff.
    It really is like drinking a glass of ham! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Heading to the Oslo in Salthill on Saturday for their Beer fest ... don't know what to expect but I hope I'll get to taste a few new beers at least.

I'll be there myself!
    Come say hello at the Dungarvan Brewing Company stand.

Well seen Adnams Innovation in Superquinn this evening so bought it! Any had a few sups and quite nice but doesn't have a strong ale taste.

Not the best IPA I ever had but drinkable. It would be down my list of beer must haves!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Tonight Matthew i am drinking Zatec (pronounced Jhatets), a Czech pilsner. Very hoppy, similar in ways to Staropramen without as much sweetness. A very satisfying well made beer.

O'Briens have it at 6 for €8.99, a deal which also includes the fabulous Blue Moon wheat beer and Dos Equis.

Well seen Adnams Innovation in Superquinn this evening so bought it! Any had a few sups and quite nice but doesn't have a strong ale taste.

Not the best IPA I ever had but drinkable. It would be down my list of beer must haves!
    I think it's a fantastic beer: wonderful mandarin and peachy tea things going on. It's not at all like an IPA, though, and doesn't claim to be. The 4 for €10 deal in Superquinn is brilliant.

And it's brewed by an Irishman.

i'd love to know what i'm not getting with it. I wasnt overwhemed by it either. I cant remember the taste but i do remember wondering what people saw in it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ekstra,.

Drinking this at the moment,really like it and had a few bottles of miller last night.

I think it's a fantastic beer: wonderful mandarin and peachy tea things going on. It's not at all like an IPA, though, and doesn't claim to be. The 4 for €10 deal in Superquinn is brilliant.

And it's brewed by an Irishman.

From their website it says "The beer, our version of an American IPA, is brewed with a blend of Wheat and Pale ale malts to give a spicy, biscuity undertone to the beer, but it is in the hops where the beer really shines"

Thats the reason I thought it was an IPA.

http://about.adnams.co.uk/post/news/2008/03/adnams-launches-innovation-a-celebration-beer.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

tonight i'm drinking Tyskie.

a homebrewed wit tonight while watching the old firm

• Advertisement

slayerking wrote: »
    I love Schlenkerla Marzen. Had a bottle of it over the weekend, lovely stuff.
    It really is like drinking a glass of ham! :D

Well I drank it last week and it was really different.

Not my type of beer to drink on its own. Had my dinner with a glass of it and it was excellent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement