Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

hitachino-2.jpg

had some of these the other day, very strange.. i think i like it though. goes well with japanese food.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    hitachino-2.jpg

had some of these the other day, very strange.. i think i like it though. goes well with japanese food.

Strangely enough had a couple of bottles of that myself in yamamori tonight. I quite liked it but think they served it too cold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

There is a red rice brew also, I'll try this next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

I am damn glad to finally be drinking Porterhouse Wrasslers XXXX in bottles.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It's quite different though, IMO -- more chocolatey. The Celebration Stout tasted more like draught Wrassler's to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,567 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I was on the Singha all weekend, nice enough stuff without being great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

i'm still working thru all the lech i picked up in lidl last week for 1.69 a bottle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I went with Tiger at the weekend as Dunnes were doing a great deal.

Good stuff for when the weather is nice and warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

This week I'm drinking bottles of porterhouse oyster stout, porterhouse celebration stout and Fuller's London Porter. I'm a sucker for stouts. Of all of them the celebration stout would be my favourite. It tastes very much like Guinness Foreign Extra. I love the strong stouts. I was drinking Guinness Foreign Extra Stout imported from Nigeria a few weeks ago. Fcuk me, the initial taste came as a bit of a shock. It had a really strange licorice flavour. After a bottle I began to get used to it and I ended up enjoying it by the end of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Blinking_Badger

Perlanbecher from Lidl

• Advertisement

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    hitachino-2.jpg

Where did you get these out of curiosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Frisbee wrote: »
    Where did you get these out of curiosity?

I got it in Yamamori restaurant. Don't know if it's available in an offie anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

matrim wrote: »
    I got it in Yamamori restaurant. Don't know if it's available in an offie anywhere

Their Japanese Classic Ale and Red Rice Ale are very tasty indeed. Great with the food there.

matrim wrote: »

Damn, was supposed to go there for dinner on Sunday night but went somewhere else instead. Seems an interesting beer, will have to give it a go.

Got a few bottles of Hofbrauhaus original and svyturys ekstra draught in the abbots ale house. I'm really liking the hofbrau :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Got a few bottles of Hofbrauhaus original and svyturys ekstra draught in the abbots ale house. I'm really liking the hofbrau :D
    What do you make of the Svyturys nialler? I found it nice but a little too sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

My local Eurospar are selling small bottles of 'Blue Moon' USA wheat beer for €1.99. It's very moreish! Made by Moleson Coors. It's spiced with coriander and orange and is a slightly sweet unfiltered beer. Have never seen this one before so gave it a try and love it. If anyone knows where to buy this by the case please let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I've been drinking this for the past few months. It's beautiful with a slice of orange. My local offy on Fairview (opp fairview park) orders me in cases.
    The offy in Bayside also has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

BeerNut wrote: »
    It's quite different though, IMO -- more chocolatey. The Celebration Stout tasted more like draught Wrassler's to me.

You know, I thought it didn't taste quite like I remembered but I haven't been in any of the pubs in quite a while so I wasn't certain. Still, it's tasty enough.

grenache wrote: »
    What do you make of the Svyturys nialler? I found it nice but a little too sweet.

Liked it a lot, prefer the german stuff though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I bought a bunch of Franziskaner wheat beer in Lidl yesterday. I plan on drinking that in Kilkenny with my wife after we set up the tent at a camp site :D

Not a bad wheat beer and I like it though its no Schneider weisse Original but for €1.19 it is great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,975 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Saruman wrote: »
    I bought a bunch of Franziskaner wheat beer in Lidl yesterday. I plan on drinking that in Kilkenny with my wife after we set up the tent at a camp site :D

Not a bad wheat beer and I like it though its no Schneider weisse Original but for €1.19 it is great value.

No beer is Schneider Original (or Tap 7 as they call it now). It is quite unlike any other weiss.
    Weihenstephaner Dunkle is about the closest I've found to it - it is a light Dunkle while Schneider is a dark hefe.

Was drinking Schneider on draught in Germany last week (heaven at €3 for .5l)
    and the Frankenheim alt was pretty good too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Miller and tiger is what Im gonna be drinking this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭yknaa

Saruman wrote: »

Should that be €1.99? Thats the price in my local Lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

yknaa wrote: »
    Should that be €1.99? Thats the price in my local Lidl

I am pretty sure it was €1.19 in blanch, it said Wheat beer €1.19 on the wall.
    I did not check my receipt and it may have been referring to another one that they did not have.

**edit** Just did a google for lidl wheat beer and €1.19 and looks like it is the Grafenwalder Wheat that is that price so I must have paid €1.99

I'm after picking myself up a bottle of Rochefort Trappistes 10. First time I've seen it in the offy so I couldn't resist. E5.99...I'll be sipping on it all night. I also got a bottle of Sierra Nevada torpedo ale. That will go down well on Sunday.

I don't drink much anymore so when I buy alcohol I make sure to buy the best or else it would seem pointless. 1 bottle lasts me hours. That's the thing about the good beers, even when they go flat they taste ok.

Look out for Samuel Adams Triple Bock. You can make a small bottle of that last days. And, handily, it comes with a cork.

Look out for Samuel Adams Triple Bock. You can make a small bottle of that last days. And, handily, it comes with a cork.

Yeah I've seen bottles of the Samuel Adams Boston lager and ale but none of the triple bock. I'll look out for it though. Cheers for the heads up.

Comes in a blue glass nip bottle with gold writing and no label:
    satriple.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

Yep, that's definitely a sipper alright! At first I wasn't too sure, but after a few tastes I was well impressed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement