Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Essential android apps?

Options
  • 16-04-2010 8:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

I'm on my first smart phone, and feel there's too many to go through individually, so was wondering what you think are essential apps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

3 (Pronounced cubed not three) is an AMAZING music player.

Search for Rockon in the market.

Get yourself a barcode scanner app as almost any app outside the market (I.e. you search for a map on your computer and want to download it)

Every android app has a barcode so you can just scan that and get a download link on your phone.

Advanced task killer from the market and set it as a widget on your main homescreen. It's absolutely neccessary unless you want to eat up your battery and slow down the phone.

If you want voice navigation (It's officially not supported yet in Ireland) download Google Maps (Brut). This obviously isn't on the market so you're going to have to download it on your desktop and transfer to the phone.

There are a few emulators on the market place (Search for boid ;)) that you may want.

Toonwarz is a great FPS game btw, it's on the market.

I'm still trying to learn the phone so that's all for now I suppose.

Oh yeah for anyone else wondering this is all for the HTC Desire!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

Advanced task killer from the market and set it as a widget on your main homescreen. It's absolutely neccessary unless you want to eat up your battery and slow down the phone.
    I've yet to install as 2.1 doesn't seem to need it
    Also, one guy report reboots and only difference I saw was this app.. Just be careful

Other apps to consider

Zedge - wallpapers and ringtones. Always liekd the site for Nokia, this brings it right on to the phone

Tripit - for storing all your travel info. really useful

Transroid - controlling your transmission based torrent tools like utorrent and others

My Tracks - track your self and upload onto maps for maps, etc. great to see what youve walked, cycled, etc..

dPod - excellent podcast client

ASTRO File Manager - backup apps to the SD card and more

Meebo - Connect to MSN, Yahoo, Google, etc.

Nimbuzz - not as good as meebo for others but brings in Skype

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Just downloaded 3 there, I gotta say, on first impression the standard music app with the desire seems better.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement