Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza Hut?

Options
  • 16-04-2010 9:35pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I noticed that the place opposite the hospital (just at the entrance to Glenwood) is called 'Pizza Hut', but the logo looked different than the usual PH logo.

Does anybody know whether this is an actual Pizza Hut, or just some pizza place using that name (although I don't know if that's legal).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

it used to be godfathers pizza and according to the website its still there

http://www.godfatherspizza.ie/locations/dundalk.html

was is that logo you saw?

top1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

I think its a pizza hut delivery only place, they must be well on cos they had pallets of drinks going into it this evening. I would say that its kosher, there was a painted up D reg van at it the last few days. http://www.pizzahutdelivery.ie/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Yeah I had a good look at it today and the sign said 'Pizza Hut Delivery' (the actual Pizza Hut - the same logo).

What is PH delivery - is that where they only delivery and not serve over the counter?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭bigdogbarking

Yeah I had a good look at it today and the sign said 'Pizza Hut Delivery' (the actual Pizza Hut - the same logo).

What is PH delivery - is that where they only delivery and not serve over the counter?

They're rampant around dublin and surrounding areas, they do over the counter and deliveries, just no sit down part.
    Should give dominos a run for their money

I just live round the corner and can smell the damn place! Gonna treat myself to one tonight for the Munich/Lyon game, will report back. Large 4 toppings pizza for a tenner with the wee vouchers that came in the door, seems decent value at least.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Ah feck it lads, I saw the post and wooped for joy as I thought Pizza Hut had come to Drogheda, and then to be deflated as I learned its in our sister town to the North that has the honour. TBH I've had takeout from PHD in Dublin and there food is top notch, i'd go for them over the other popular names.

Sent the missus down last night and it was disastrous. 40 mins of waiting and still no pizza ready, 3 people in the shop walked out after demanding their money back because it took too long to get an order. maybe its just because they were only starting out, or maybe they are all idiots, either way i'm still hungry :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

No vouchers sent out here. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I just live round the corner and can smell the damn place! Gonna treat myself to one tonight for the Munich/Lyon game, will report back. Large 4 toppings pizza for a tenner with the wee vouchers that came in the door, seems decent value at least.

Did you get it? How was it?
    delly wrote: »
    Ah feck it lads, I saw the post and wooped for joy as I thought Pizza Hut had come to Drogheda, and then to be deflated as I learned its in our sister town to the North that has the honour. TBH I've had takeout from PHD in Dublin and there food is top notch, i'd go for them over the other popular names.

LOL! Sorry about that - it's my fault - I forgot to specify whether it was Dundalk in the OP (silly of me, I think I forgot this forum was for the whole of Louth). Sorry again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Hmmmm, let's see, now; Which of the following two possible occurences is the more likely?

1. Godfather's forgot to update their website.
    2. The OP saw a sign that said "Godfather's" and thought it said "Pizza Hut".

My money's on "1".
    event wrote: »
    it used to be godfathers pizza and according to the website its still there

http://www.godfatherspizza.ie/locations/dundalk.html

was is that logo you saw?

top1.gif

• Advertisement

Hmmmm, let's see, now; Which of the following two possible occurences is the more likely?

1. Godfather's forgot to update their website.
    2. The OP saw a sign that said "Godfather's" and thought it said "Pizza Hut".

My money's on "1".

I'm 100% sure that it is Pizza Hut - definitely not Godfather's. They probably forgot to update their website - unless they moved somewhere else in Dundalk?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

The service is Shocking , the delivery time was even worst and then the managers attitude when I wanted to speak to him regarding my pizza taking 1hour to be delivered was appalling.

But the Pizza was amazing !

I just don't know if i could go again due to principle.

Did you get it? How was it?

From a pizza point of view it was lovely but I got the impression that they weren't ready to be opened. I didn't phone ahead but just strolled over to it, it took 10 mins for them to take my order and another 20 mins to get my order! In the time I was there a guy was quite irate as he turned up for his phone order to find that it had gone missing! I did get the impression that they were prioritising phoned orders rather than counter ones.
    Maybe a bit harsh given that they are only opening and reviewing/tweaking their practices, I wouldn't recommend or not recommend on my only visit, will try it again in a few weeks and see how its going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

was just thinkin of ordering a pizza myself, guess It wont be from that place then :D

was just thinkin of ordering a pizza myself, guess It wont be from that place then :D

Well both my cousin and I ordered yesterday and it was delivered in 20-25 minutes. Admittedly it was at about 3.30 and 6pm.
    The pizza itself wasn't bad. Little on the small side. Generous with the toppings. They could do with improving the sauce also.
    Still for a tenner it was fine. :pac:

I had one the other night: 40 mins from phone call to delivery, which isn't bad. Pizza was nice, but not as good as Mizzoni. Guy on the phone was helpful, spent a couple of mins explaining a special offer to me that saved me a couple of € on the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I noticed that the place opposite the hospital (just at the entrance to Glenwood) is called 'Pizza Hut', but the logo looked different than the usual PH logo.
    Was it the PHQ logo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I ordered one last night - a large mega meat - was fairly good but wasnt as large as a mizzonis. The hot chicken wings were amazing though. It took about 45 minutes to deliver it which wasnt to bad but im used to gettin my mizzonis 15 minutes after i ring

Is Mizzonis worth while then? I never liked the look of it passing by and have never tried it as a result. Personally the best in the town that I have had so far is from La Cantina

Is Mizzonis worth while then? I never liked the look of it passing by and have never tried it as a result. Personally the best in the town that I have had so far is from La Cantina

Ah Mizzonis is great - fast delivery and very nice pizza!

• Advertisement

Mizzoni is the best in town, IMO.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Mizzoni is the best in town, IMO.

+1 from me on that note. The food is good quality and the delivery is lightening quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

4 star pizza are pretty good too

indiewindy wrote: »
    4 star pizza are pretty good too

Are they in Dundalk?

Are they in Dundalk?

Yes, just opposite the Windsor (as far as I know, it's somewhere between the Windsor and the Ford garage, but on the other side of the road). I never had 4 star pizza so I don't know whether it is nice or not, but I have heard nice things.

I wonder will PH do any damage to Dominos? I told my friends about Pizza Hut but none of them knew that there was one in Dundalk - it wasn't advertised/publicised much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

Not a fan of Dominos, its the Mc Donalds of the pizza world.

Wasnt a fan of 4 star pizza - cheese was a bit rubbery and they were a bit skimpy on the toppings - id rather it over Dominoes any day

A recent development on this is that Dominos have a guy standing across the Dublin Road from Pizza Hut at the bus shelter with a sign "10 euros for any sized pizza @ Dominos", he was there from 5-7 yesterday and again at 4pm today! Bet Pizza Hut aren't best pleased!

A recent development on this is that Dominos have a guy standing across the road from PHD with a sign "10 euros for any sized pizza @ Dominos", he was there from 5-7 yesterday and again at 4pm today!

Aye, running this week, was built up for a while on the facebook page.

• Advertisement

amacachi wrote: »
    Aye, running this week, was built up for a while on the facebook page.

According to the latest flyer to come in my letterbox from pizzahut, they are gonna match any voucher from their main competitors,

mmmmmmmmn:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Let them battle for my bulging waistline :)

Advertisement