Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

doughnuts

Options
  • 16-04-2010 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

not the pastry ring shaped kind, but the trick you can do with your cars that leave the familar tyre mark rings on the road, seen at least 6 or 7 of these tyre mark rings along the ballyshannon by pass this evening, including one very close to the concrete central reservation at one of the junctions. heres a message to the boy/girl racers, if you want to trash your engines, tyres and steering like this, do it on a closed track or a private road, but dont endanger me and other road users please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Noticed that today in passing that area, it doesn't impress anyone ye scalawags!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Now before i start i would like to say i don't agree with this kind of behavour at all and frown apon it strongly, but one point in your statement irish-stew baffles me, "but dont endanger me and other road users please" were they doing the doughnuts right in front of you? usually they do it at 5am in the morning and check to make sure that the read is empty before they do it, for sure they shouldnt be doing it but i think if they are doing no-one any harm let them batter on, id rather them doing it there than a junction near a built up area of a town ect. Anyways my point is unless they were doing came over the road to find them doing doughnuts in front of you you were in no way in any danger...

You shoould head out the road by Glenveigh national park over donegal rally weekend that is where the boy racer go to mess its a know fact and the guards let them do this too as it keeps them out in the middle of knowhere and avoids them doing any harm (well this year they did break into the mountain rescue hit).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Now before i start i would like to say i don't agree with this kind of behavour at all and frown apon it strongly, but one point in your statement irish-stew baffles me, "but dont endanger me and other road users please" were they doing the doughnuts right in front of you? usually they do it at 5am in the morning and check to make sure that the read is empty before they do it, for sure they shouldnt be doing it but i think if they are doing no-one any harm let them batter on, id rather them doing it there than a junction near a built up area of a town ect.

they weren't doing it right in front of me, but it doesn't take long for another car to appear or come out from a juction, even if there are no other road users around and if they do have an accident, then they become a danger and a hazard

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

irish-stew wrote: »
    they weren't doing it right in front of me, but it doesn't take long for another car to appear or come out from a juction, even if there are no other road users around and if they do have an accident, then they become a danger and a hazard

Saw those today; always wondered what those marks were. ;)

No idea they were deliberate...

Thank you... And I agree with you..Dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

If they are the kind of people who feel they have to go out and do donughts anyway I am sure there driving safety is probably not up to much the rest of the time either, these guys dont drive sensibly until they do a donught then drive home sensibly after it. With people like that in the road none of us are safe at any time of the day, so yes, they were/are putting his life in danger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

Aren't they lucky they don't live in the states where cops love doughnuts and are often found around doughnut shops as the fims seem to show. They'd be caught out then..

Not only are they being idiots but ruining their cars even with modifications.

Beats me that at rally time they always congregate to do this at Glenveagh but the gardai have never thought of having a patrol car take a trip out that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

but one point in your statement irish-stew baffles me, "but dont endanger me and other road users please" were they doing the doughnuts right in front of you?

you you were in no way in any danger...

Man crashes doing doughnuts and KILLS passenger

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story/Driver-Crashes-Doing-Doughnuts-Passenger-Killed/dj3j8xiPxk24yFcRWhVW9A.cspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

very easy to do. Its more or less a boy racer thinking he is cool even thoug he has to pay for the new tyres. done it meself to be honest in kinlock, i know thats not spelled right. Have family up there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

old_aussie wrote: »

Ah now dont be silly! that was doing doughnuts in a feild! i would imagine that they are doing large big circles, and driving fairly fast for them to hit a tree and then die! the doughnuts being refeared to in the OP's case are done where the inside front wheel of the car basiclly doesnt move and stays in the one spot.

And no i am not defending boy racers i dont agree with them at all, i have numourous occasions said that on boards but the OP was not put in any immediate danger which is my point and as you quoted me i will reply.

If a car hits a tree doing doughnuts here (and not in the usa, in a feild driving a jeep) he will be doing less than 10MPH in almost all cases and the damage to the car would be minimal never mind the injuries, bit of cop on required!!!!!!

Advertisement