Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI ATM problem

Options
  • 16-04-2010 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

Just to make it easier to read im gonna round off the dates.

I had recently got a laser gard in boi.To activate it i had to go to a atm and use it.

On the 20th of march i tried to activate it with no joy.I tried to use it 3 or 4 times but it kept saying it wasnt working.

21st. I ring up 365 and ask them whats wrong.they say its fine and i try the atm card again.I take out 20euro and it works.

22nd.i Check up my bank transactions and i see 50euro is taken out of my account on the 20th of march.I know for a fact that nothing came out that day since i tried it a few times.I also never use the card as its only a backup so i rang 365 helpline up to see what was wrong.They told me they told me they would put in a inquiry.

2 weeks on i got no phone call from them.I call into my local boi and check whats up.They tell me they got no inquiry.She then puts in a inquiry and tells me she would call me when it is sorted.Its meant to take 5 working days.

2 weeks later,no phone call so im getting annoyed at this point and call into the bank again.Im talking to the manager for about an hour.The inquiry came back and all they check was if the atm balanced,which it did.I had told both the person at the bank and the 365 person that i wanted the cctv footage checked.The manager then gos into a back room to take a look at the cctv footage,only to come out 10mins later saying im a day too late and that the footage was deleted and that all they can see now is footage for the 21st of march.I told them that i want the phone calls i had with 365 looked at. They said ok and the manager said he will personally call me back, i dunno what this will prove other than the fact that the person on the phone told me she will look at the cctv footage..

Do i have any other options because im seriously pissed off that 50euro has been taken out of my account when nothing came out....I dealt with them a few times and they still say nothing is wrong.I think its a bit of a coincidence that the footage for the day was deleted the day before i went into the manager but what else can i say.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ajmull

Fol20 wrote: »
    Im talking to the manager for about an hour.

:)Wait until you get the bill in your statement for an hour with the manager!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

They dont sent out statements for my current account

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Fol20 wrote: »
    They dont sent out statements for my current account

:confused:You should be getting at least one statement per year. Have you checked that they have the correct address details for you?

ok maybe once a year but not on a regular basis like my ulster bank current account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Banks legally have 10 days to query your ATM transaction and get back you.

Have they started an investagation into the ATM transaction? Sounds like it was not done correctly.

CCTV footage in banks goes back much further than that. Most hold 6 months worth of footage. So cleary they are lying there. You can request to veiw the CCTV footage.

Have they started an investagation into the ATM transaction? Sounds like it was not done correctly.

CCTV footage in banks goes back much further than that. Most hold 6 months worth of footage. So cleary they are lying there. You can request to veiw the CCTV footage.

Yea they said that the atm balanced...that was the only investigation they claim they made.

Are you sure it goes back that far in every bank...Like thats what i wanted all along and now they say they cant do it for me anymore

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

The ATM balancing only proves that it balanced. It left you short, but someone else could have gotten extra money, so that's not an entirely reliable way to tell. You need to get them to contact ATM control and get them to look at the Journal Roll for the ATM on the date and time you used it. The journal will say if cash was dispensed and what notes were given out.

You can also ask BOI to send you out statements more frequently, like once per month.

Toots* wrote: »
    The ATM balancing only proves that it balanced. It left you short, but someone else could have gotten extra money, so that's not an entirely reliable way to tell. You need to get them to contact ATM control and get them to look at the Journal Roll for the ATM on the date and time you used it. The journal will say if cash was dispensed and what notes were given out.

You can also ask BOI to send you out statements more frequently, like once per month.

Is journal role the official term for what you are talking about.What will this show them as well..

All i wanted all along was to get them to see the footage of me trying it for 5mins and nothing came out.

I know i could get more statements,but i find them more annoying than anything..i always check my transactions online like..

The journal (I don't think it's actually a roll of paper anymore, I'd say it's on computer) is a record of everything the ATM does. It's like a log, so say you put your card in, checked your balance, then withdrew €50, it'll tell the exact time it did that, and also whether or not it dispensed money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

All ATM's have a Journel Roll. This is used by staff to balance the ATM. As pointed out even if the ATM balance it does not really reflect mulitple cash dispenser errors.

Yes. I'd find to believe that CCTV footage only backs a day or so. CCTV footage may not be clear enough to see what your looking for either.

ATM disputes are not resolved by CCTV. An investagation in the actual ATM transactions will show them what happened.

All ATM's have a Journel Roll. This is used by staff to balance the ATM. As pointed out even if the ATM balance it does not really reflect mulitple cash dispenser errors.

Yes. I'd find to believe that CCTV footage only backs a day or so. CCTV footage may not be clear enough to see what your looking for either.

ATM disputes are not resolved by CCTV. An investagation in the actual ATM transactions will show them what happened.

My problems happened in march(about a month back now)

He contacted them straight away when i saw the problem as outline above..they say the footage only last around 30 days(cant remember exact amount) and he said that they just deleted the footage for my problem the day before.

Just an update..

The manager contacted me today, and told me that although my chat with their customer service referred to cv footage,she didnt actually say she will do it for me.

I also asked him about journals and he said that was fine as well.

What can i say.its daylight robbery here and i dont think there is anything i can do about it.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭beartooth

The same thing happened to me last week. My branch said it had to be investigated in Dublin. keep us updated if anything happens.

Just to keep ye updated,i sorted it out..Im 20 so i dont think they took me too seriously. So last week i went in with my dad and less than 3 mins in his office he told me that i mean business if i brought my dad in so he told me he will sort it out for me..

The money is now in my account so im happy with it..

Id say the only way to sort it out is to keep pestering them tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 cmlw85

I THINK THIS IS RIGHT THAT THE HAVE TO HOLD THE CCTV FOOTAGE FOR AT LEAST 3-6 MONTHS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 cmlw85

SINCE THEY HAVEN'T RESOLVED IT GO TO THE FINANCIAL REGULATOR OR THE OMBUDSMAN - THEY WILL DEAL WITH IT ON YOUR BEHALF AS ITS NOT ON THAT THEY HAVEN'T RESOLVED THE ISSUE.

PERSONALLY IF THAT HAPPENED TO ME I'D DO THAT THEN CLOSE MY ACCOUNT

Advertisement