Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non League Management

Options
  • 16-04-2010 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭

Lower League management - the financial struggle
    Hi guys, first off I'm still playing Football Manager 2009.

I've been managing Dorchester for 4 seasons now and I'm struggling financially. I'd appreciate any advice. Basically below are all the things I've been doing to date.

As a manager I've never spent a cent on transfer all my signings have been free signings.

I've always always set the league/cup bonuses to be low rather than average or high.

I've sold any players I have worth anything (often with sell on clauses for X% of next transfer).

I've always set my sides expectations to the minimum the board expected.

I've stayed below the budget my board set for wages every season.

However I'm still losing money week on week, after 4 seasons I'm 500K in debt.

Despite this I've been relatively successfully with the club promoting up a division in my second season and establishing the side as a top 10 club in this higher division the Blue Square Premier.

I've tried to arrange friendlies with big name sides to bring in income but my stadiums tiny so this brings in little.

What can I do to put the side back in a healthier state?

Advertisement