Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Ideas

• 16-04-2010 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi everyone i live in a rented house and the back garden is just gravel.I want to make a small area fenced off for bbq's,to spend long summer evenings(wishfull thinking!) and for the kids to play safely.I have 200-300 to spend,anyone think of any good idea's on what to do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

athlone M wrote: »
    Hi everyone i live in a rented house and the back garden is just gravel.I want to make a small area fenced off for bbq's,to spend long summer evenings(wishfull thinking!) and for the kids to play safely.I have 200-300 to spend,anyone think of any good idea's on what to do?
    paving slabs, they can be made of rubber or cement, then again you could make a slightly raised wooden structure, all of this you can move on with you when you leave, do not cement anything in, you would pave a nice area with the cement paving slabs for 100 euro, where by the rubber version made out of recycled tyres or recycled out of tyres are 13 euro each, where the the cement ones are about 2 to 3 euro each, the wood i would not know but i should think that 100 would go a long way to a diy job, the cement and rubber pavers are same size 18 inches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭athlone M

Thanks for that goat2, what type of fencing would look good around this?Paving slabs are a good idea as you said whaen i move on the can be removed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

there is that lovely picket style fencing, you could purchase at hardware stores it is very simply made if you do find it too expensive, again what size will the area be, again you could make shure you could move that with you also as it would just require a few small stakes in ground and it screwed onto it, all can be lifted when you move on,
    it can be 2,3,4feet high and 6ft in length panels

Advertisement