Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers Night -- The Aftermath ......

Options
  • 16-04-2010 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭

Excellent night !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

home before midnight!!! must have been quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

quit my arse :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

Im having a night-cap in honor of the Donegal forum... heres to your health everyone... glug glug

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I shall try to post something worthwhile here tomorrow, 'cause right now, I'm too inebrated inebatered inebretated pished! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Rise and shine !!

• Advertisement

Oooooh. This is like being a child left alone in a big empty house. No one here and I can run round and trash the place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

was this the first donegal beers, how did it go, many there?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

muffler wrote: »
    Drunken posting is always good for a laugh. Who are you telling to quit your arse? :p
    irish-stew wrote: »
    was this the first donegal beers, how did it go, many there?
    It was good if a bit small number wise but that's to be expected. The next one should attract a few more.

Yeah was good. Had to leave early as work today. Small in number but high quality drinkers ! Mufflers 'quit my arse' post had me choking on my cornflakes this morning. Get the feeling that will become a donegal boards classic !! :)

Maybe I should demod muffler from this forum so he can't go editing out his drunken misadventures. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

smashey wrote: »
    Maybe I should demod muffler from this forum so he can't go editing out his drunken misadventures. :D

Yeah cos i was in stiches laughing at the posts today, should be stickied, im sorry i left early to (half 11ish) but i wasn't drinking and it was killing me not being able to , lol.

At least I leanred a few things while i was there, how muffler got his name, that we can never put up a picture in donegal photo game that is impossable to find cos North_west_art will know where it is, and the fact that we may soon have Royalty amoungst us, if you wern't there sorry that's all your going to know, cant be telling stories now!!!!!

P.S. MrMac i throw down the gauntlet to you, to get Shaun to join and post in here:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

smashey wrote: »

his post is a bit mis leading, thought he should be setting an example

:D

irish-stew wrote: »
    his post is a bit mis leading, thought he should be setting an example

:D
    He's a big boy now and should be able to handle his drink. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭dcfc

Glad yous all had a good night!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Said in the style of Jim Royle? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

No weemin turned up?

The word was supposed to be "quiet" and for some unknown reason it ended up as "quit" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭dcfc

Madam wrote: »
    No weemin turned up?

I'm hoping to make the next one!

It was a good night and it was great to meet all you guys in person.

As for another beers night - bring it on :)

Nearly forgot. Many thanks to NWA and his good lady for the lift home. Much appreciated.

• Advertisement

I rolled outta bed about 12ish, having already been up twice to go to the loo (the curse of getting older!), but's it's taken until now to deal with all the RL stuff that goes on here on a Saturday. We have a small, wicked, un-written rule between the Mrs. & I - going out is the easy bit, but don't expect any sympathy the next day, life goes on!

And so it should! :)

I have to say, I had a great night last night. From staring up at Smashey (jeez but he's tall!), to laughing at NWA, who in a stroke of genius, brought a picture of a can of Green Giant sweetcorn to hold in front of him like a passport! :D Brilliant!

Absolutely fantastic to see irish1967 there, who was the "furthest away" attendee, having travelled up from Donegal Town. Makes it all the more important that we should make every effort to get to the next Beers, no matter where in Donegal it is!

:)

no problem muffler, great to have a designated driver along :)
    I thought because it was originally intended to be upstiars, that I was going to need some form of ID! I figured the printout of the label would be handier than carrying in a tin of sweetcorn... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

Madam wrote: »
    No weemin turned up?

I got the impression it was going to be a lad's night out so I chickened out of going :o It's one thing to be the 'wrong' gender but add in a certain age and one is likely to be persona non grata :D Maybe next time ...

Domscard wrote: »
    I got the impression it was going to be a lad's night out so I chickened out of going :o It's one thing to be the 'wrong' gender but add in a certain age and one is likely to be persona non grata :D Maybe next time ...
    We are not sexist in any way in Donegal ;)

You should have came along but I look forward to meeting you at the next beers night :)

Domscard - no restrictions on gender, age, colour, or creed.
    I don't know what age you are, but if it helps - I'm 41 on the outside - still about 14 on the inside :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Well, if it were during the day and not in a pub......Ah well.....

Graces7 wrote: »
    Well, if it were during the day and not in a pub......Ah well.....
    You could always join homer simpson in a coke (of the liquid type I hasten to add)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

You could always join homer simpson in a coke (of the liquid type I hasten to add)

Glad you qualified that remark! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I sincercely hope that the next time i won't be drinking coke, but there is not a thing wrong with using drinking coke.... although i could end up drinking coke all night, well JD and coke!

• Advertisement

anyone on for a wine night? we can do the spirits then some other night :D

Advertisement