Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Passing. Next Week!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

The Passing. Next Week.

!

Unless Valve fail again :(

Cool, but in fairness to Valve, they've been pretty good with most of their recent releases. Sure they've stumbled out of the blocks but usually more or less on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Excellent, Ive been eagerly awaiting this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Wheres HL2 Ep3???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I got L4D2 cheap last week, what a coincidence!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

The Passing. Next Week.

!

Unless Valve fail again :(

so this is Left 4 Dead? 2. i am late to the party! Valve.. must be good, HL2 engine but more fun.. my MBA won't handle it :( looks tasty i want in! PS3 release dammit :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

About fùckin' time, the server I do be playing on has been empty for the past few weeks. Hopefully it'll bring the bastards back.

This better be worth the wait and not be another Crash Course. (feck all of an add-on)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Star Bingo wrote: »
    so this is Left 4 Dead? 2. i am late to the party! Valve.. must be good, HL2 engine but more fun.. my MBA won't handle it :( looks tasty i want in! PS3 release dammit :mad:

If I remember correctly Valve won't be releasing any more games for the PS3 because they don't feel confident they can release a polished enough game and don't want to be releasing sub-standard ports (unlike just about every other developer).
    Duggy747 wrote: »
    About fùckin' time, the server I do be playing on has been empty for the past few weeks. Hopefully it'll bring the bastards back.

This better be worth the wait and not be another Crash Course. (feck all of an add-on)

Hopefully should be better than Crash Course, especially since there'll be a version of "The Passing" being released for L4D1 as well.

If you ever need a spot filler though add me, I'm always up for some L4D (either 1 or 2) :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

If I remember correctly Valve won't be releasing any more games for the PS3 because they don't feel confident they can release a polished enough game and don't want to be releasing sub-standard ports (unlike just about every other developer).

But they poached a bunch of guys from Naughty Dog so things are looking up for the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Mr. K wrote: »
    I got L4D2 cheap last week, what a coincidence!

where did you get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Skerries wrote: »
    where did you get it?

eBay. I happened upon it for €20, so I pounced.

• Advertisement

Achievements!

I wonder if the achievement at the bottom has to do with one of the new gamemodes, some form of new infected vs match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Achievements!

I wonder if the achievement at the bottom has to do with one of the new gamemodes, some form of new infected vs match.

Gonna guess its different versions of the 6 exsisting SI, just with different traits.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

cant wait for this so-called '20 week of mode mutations'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

sounds great. Gonna be looking forward to playing this.

Yeah the vs Realism sounds like it could really make the vs games a bit more challenging for the survivors considering it's normally laughably easy to play with even a half decent team.

8 vs 8 is serious fun on L4D2, but if there's even 2 bots on the survivors team then you might as well be playing against Robocop with their immaculate aiming.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I'm glad the office was empty cause I'm giggling like mad :)

First mutation is Realism Vs :D
    Valve wrote:
    The Passing introduces a series of weekly game mode events dubbed "Mutations." These are week-long runs of new gameplay modes that range from "Realism Versus" to "Chainsaw Massacre". Each week one new Mutation is featured and the previous Mutation retired.

Every Thursday the new in-game blog will let you know of the upcoming Mutation. Once a month we will have a poll to vote on your favorite Mutation. The winning Mutation will return the following week.

Our first Mutation is Realism Versus.

For this Mutation, Survivors have all the Realism changes working against them, no glows on items or survivors, tougher zombies, instant kill witches, etc. The Infected have all those changes working for them. This makes the Jockey one of the most powerful Specials for his ability to steer a Survivor out of view. You will want to make sure you have a working microphone so your teammates can hear your screams for help. This Mutation is only available in Versus.

Another example of an upcoming Mutation is Chainsaw Massacre. You are armed with the only thing you need to survive a Zombie Apocalypse: a chainsaw with unlimited gas. Rip apart thousands of zombies on your way to safety. This Mutation will be available later and only in Campaign Mode.

To learn about the other Mutations, you will have to check the in-game blog each week. What we can tell you now is the Mutations will cover different game modes and be available across all Campaigns.

To give us feedback on the individual Mutations and Mutations in general visit the Left 4 Dead 2 forums at forums.l4d.com.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Have played through the campaign twice already (splitscreen & online), probably the shortest one yet (my online playthrough clocked in at 22 minutes). Some fun moments though, especially in the sewers.
    Poor Bill :(

Mutations are probably going to be good fun. Realism versus is decent, not radically different to any other mode but nice to mix it up a bit.

• Advertisement

Have played through the campaign twice already (splitscreen & online), probably the shortest one yet (my online playthrough clocked in at 22 minutes). Some fun moments though, especially in the sewers.

Mutations are probably going to be good fun. Realism versus is decent, not radically different to any other mode but nice to mix it up a bit.

How! :eek:

Sounds like it's going to be similar enough to crash course then if it's so short.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

It's just too bad they didn't have a defibrillator handy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

How! :eek:

Sounds like it's going to be similar enough to crash course then if it's so short.

It is pretty easy, and only three 'chapters' long. I died when I was playing with a friend, mainly because I legged it off on my own. But online we all survived with green health and medpacks to spare. Except for the AI Rochelle, who we didn't bother going back for :p

Sickened, my favourite UK server have gone done due a dodgy PSU.

Have to get around to playing this tonight! Still think it's a bit crappy we can't play as the original survivors.

Chances are getting slim now if pc players are gonna get this tonight.

I do wonder why Valve always waits until the last minute to release DLC. I was hoping to have this downloaded for tomorrow but it looks like the computer's going to be nicked from me shortly so no hope.

They obviously intended to release it about an hour ago going by the times they posted on the blog. Wonder what the issue is, Microsoft released the 360 version hours ago.

There forums are down also, so no chance of finding out what the story is.

Valve fail :(

It's out.

• Advertisement

Davidius wrote: »
    It's out.

Was gonna say the same, getting it at 300 kb/s 15% done

Advertisement