Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone in food, Chipped Tooth

Options
  • 17-04-2010 2:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi, I bought a Bag of Frozen Potato Wedges from Dunnes Stores last week and cooked a few today. When i bit into one of the bigger ones, i felt a very sharp pain, i found a small black stone inside the potato wedge.

I swallowed the piece of broken tooth, it feels like it's stuck in my throat.

Anyone know if this is grounds to return them for a refund as i don't want to eat anymore just in case there are more stones or whatever?

This is the stone:

29qgjgl.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

First thing I would do is get medical advice about the broken tooth stuck in your throat, that could be very nasty.

Hold on to the wedges and the stone, you should be entitled to more than a refund. I would look for the manufacturers to pay for your dentist bills and any doctors bill you incur.

But If your throat is still sore, you really should get that looked at and worry about the refund/compensation tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Damien1989

SkidMark wrote: »
    First thing I would do is get medical advice about the broken tooth stuck in your throat, that could be very nasty.

Hold on to the wedges and the stone, you should be entitled to more than a refund. I would look for the manufacturers to pay for your dentist bills and any doctors bill you incur.

But If your throat is still sore, you really should get that looked at and worry about the refund/compensation tomorrow.

Thanks for your advice, the Dentist was going to be my first trip tomorrow regardless. The soreness in my throat has gone now so not too worried about that anymore. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Dunnes do actually take this kind of thing seriously in my experience and they would be eager to get this sorted out with their supplier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Damien1989 wrote: »
    Thanks for your advice, the Dentist was going to be my first trip tomorrow regardless. The soreness in my throat has gone now so not too worried about that anymore. :)

Good to hear that. Good luck with the Dentist, hope it's not too serious.

Advertisement