Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

someone stole my psn details

Options
  • 17-04-2010 4:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭

iv reported it to sony anyone know if they will give me my details back the idiot text me on my other account that i asked for them back with and he wont all my hard work on bad company is gone :mad:
    like what a fool sony will probably block his ps3 so i dunno wha enjoyment he is goin to get from it any ways

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,798 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

How does someone steal your account??!!! Were you sharing accounts to trade PSN stuff?

Thats baffling if you can send him messages and he is refusing to give the accoutn back. What is your stolen PSN ID? I'll make sure to pawn the shiit out of em next time i'm on bad company!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭potsy86

sheehy83 wrote: »
    How does someone steal your account??!!! Were you sharing accounts to trade PSN stuff?

Thats baffling if you can send him messages and he is refusing to give the accoutn back. What is your stolen PSN ID? I'll make sure to pawn the shiit out of em next time i'm on bad company!

i got it back i dont game share at all i dunno how he did it but thanks to this video which was a fantastic help in stealing it back would probably have took sony ages to wb and they prob wouldn have gave it

i was sitting there playing gta and i just got logged out saying another user signed in :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,798 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

wow cool vid, will def use it if same ever happens to me. still boggling why someone would steal an account, I spose some people save the cred card details maybe. congrats on getting it back anyway!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    wow cool vid, will def use it if same ever happens to me. still boggling why someone would steal an account, I spose some people save the cred card details maybe. congrats on getting it back anyway!

i stumbled upon that video it was a life saver the little clown text me sayin how the F did i get it back so i told him where to get off he's prob sitting there shocked iv reported him to sony god only knows how many people he's done this to :mad:

saspralla was his name just to let people know to avoid him

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

Glad you got it back..
    Well done on being persistent.

Lucky the fool didn't know the recovery steps - otherwise he could have changed the email a second time which would screw you up completely (i.e. the second email address change would be mailed to him, not you and you wouldn't have the real email address).

Would love to know how he took it though. Guess your password?

And thanks for naming/shaming - straight onto my block list and if I ever see him online I'll give him hell.

• Advertisement

RikD wrote: »
    Glad you got it back..
    Well done on being persistent.

Lucky the fool didn't know the recovery steps - otherwise he could have changed the email a second time which would screw you up completely (i.e. the second email address change would be mailed to him, not you and you wouldn't have the real email address).

Would love to know how he took it though. Guess your password?

And thanks for naming/shaming - straight onto my block list and if I ever see him online I'll give him hell.

havent a clue how he did it he also tryed to change my hotmail password got an e mail wit password reset instructions after i got my account back he wasn successful at that the little bolox endless hours of bad company woulda gone to waste if it wasnt for the video i was blessed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I would have thought stealing accounts was impossible without the password being given out.

Are you sure you have given no body your email or password ? Maybe you gave it to a mate and this is a friend of a friend chancing his arm.

Keep ringing Sony really push the issue that he stole your account and you want Sony to act opon it. Since they are so worried about stuff being stolen recently they should jump on this asap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

potsy86 wrote: »
    iv reported it to sony anyone know if they will give me my details back the idiot text me on my other account that i asked for them back with and he wont all my hard work on bad company is gone :mad:
    like what a fool sony will probably block his ps3 so i dunno wha enjoyment he is goin to get from it any ways

I just don't understand how they guessed your email account associated with your PSN id.:confused:

Unless you were playing with them and told them to email you at potsy86@???

Not only would they need to guess what your email name is, they would then have to figure out if you are with aol.com or .co.uk, gmail.com, yahoo.com, yahoo.ie, rocketmail.com and eircom.net...an extensive list to "guess" from.

I think there is more to this than op is admitting.

defo not friend related i found the guys youtube he's not even irish read on the playstaion boards (not boards.ie playstaion) but its happend to a few people dunno how tho
    does any one know how to change the secutity question i never took it that serious but a few trys and i say some one would eventually get it
    still waiting on sony to wb to me on the issue :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

F1ngers wrote: »
    I just don't understand how they guessed your email account associated with your PSN id.:confused:

Not only would they need to guess what your email name is, they would then have to figure out if you are with aol.com or .co.uk, gmail.com, yahoo.com, yahoo.ie, rocketmail.com and eircom.net...an extensive list to "guess" from.

Thinking the same myself.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »

every thing is not as secure as people think it is there are hackers out there look at geohot no one tought the ps3 coulda been hacked an it was also if you google some one stole my psn details you'll find lots of similar cases it coulda been my hotmail through msn or something and went from there its not that hard to do hotmail youtube is full of tutorials on stuff like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

He couldve been keylogged while signing into psn on a Sony site.

It happens all the time for Blizzard accounts. Generally person downloads trojan which logs keys and sends them back to author of Trojan.

He couldve been keylogged while signing into psn on a Sony site.

It happens all the time for Blizzard accounts. Generally person downloads trojan which logs keys and sends them back to author of Trojan.

that actually rings a bell cause i do log in alot on the sony website which requires all the information needed and thats where i actually was able to retrieve my account must look into upgrading my anti virus software its only a basic protection thanks for that input ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Going to close this one down lads. It's all a bit messy, conversation has turned into some bizarre witch-hunt on the OP!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement