Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not so good...

Options
  • 17-04-2010 5:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭

My Irish oral was today as I am in foundation and foundation went last for the orals. But my main problem was that I woke up at 11am with a bucket beside my bed and a stomach that can not hold down any food. Even now I feel weary and sick but I can't get this off my mind. What happens now? Do I lose the 20% for the Irish oral?
    I know someone is going to say explain it to the teachers but the only way to get out of an oral is to have a not from a doctor saying you were hospitalised which I clearly was not. My friend told me through bebo that I now failed my Irish all together because I failed to show up. Is that true? or is he just taking the piss out of me? Im so confused. Please help.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Did you contact the school to say you were not going to be able to make it?

The finishing date for the LC Orals is the 23rd, so it is possible to fit you in at another centre, though I think it would have been easier if you had told the school you could not make it instead of just not showing up.

Your friend on bebo hasn't a clue. At worst, you miss the marks for the oral, but it does not mean you fail Irish completely. There is the written examination component to come. He has no idea how you will do on that.

First thing Monday get on to your examinations secretary in the school - the person who took the exam fees or forms and ask them can you still do the oral. I hope you feel better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

Nope don't worry about it! I know a girl who was too sick to do their german oral last year so she explained it to the school and the school was able to arrange for her to sit her oral in the middle of may. So just let your school know what the story is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

A huge thank you to you both. I feel a little better knowing I still have a chance to pass Irish. Now I need to go to bed and try and get this stomach bug out of the way for Monday which is my French Oral :mad:
    I will be sure to check all possibilities of me getting my oral re-arranged.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

If you were genuinely sick, getting a doctors note wont be a problem.

A couple of lads in my year were sick for the orals when they're normally on so they had to repeat them in May (Day after graduation :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

yep they hold orals in May for people who missed these ones through illness. It's part of the official exam timetable so don't think you'll be putting people to any bother. There's people sick all over the country especially this year. Don't worry about french on monday either. You can do them both in May as long as you have a doctors note and the school fill out the form. Theres stuff about doing the orals in May on www.examinations.ie . Only saw it a few days ago but forgotten where exactly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement