Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idea: Capcom vs. SNK 3.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 StMichael

Hmm, I think the Stamina meter can function as a block meter as well, so scrap the block meter and integrate into Stamina Meter.

The basic idea is to make playing this fighting game more like a kungfu movie scene, where dodges succeed dodges, and attacks cancel each other, to be succeeded by more attacks.

So imagine a fight where Kyo launches a fierce punch at Ken, only to be cancelled by Ken's own fierce punch, which is followed by Ken's fierce kick, which is dodged by Kyo followed instantly by Kyo's tackle, which is also dodged neatly by Ken and followed instantly by a low jump fierce punch counter, which is parried by Kyo, which is...

Of course, this can't be sustained indefinitely, seeing that each canceling attack consumes Stamina (and or Qi), so that fighters will eventually have to break apart from each other to resume fighting again.

Also, all kinds of actions (attacking, moving, defending) consume Stamina meter.

Canceling depends on Qi level. So let's say a fighter with really high Qi level like Gouki can even cancel out Dan's (a fighter with low Qi level) Hyper Art simply by punching it. But doing it consumes the Qi meter, and Stamina, of course.

More ideas:

24. Air Dash.
    25. Qi-ed moving actions. You can Qi your Dash, Jump, Run, whatever for much more range and speed (up to four times). Consumes Stamina and Qi. Imagine Matrix-like actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

This stopped sounding like CvS about 20 ideas ago. The whole counter-counter-counter thing is falling pretty heavy into DoA territory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

This sounds like the most complicated game ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I'd prefer to play that Turkish Fighting Game that that other troll posted about...

CVS3 sounds crap :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

1242032359_haters-gonna-hate.gif

this game is gonna rule

• Advertisement

It will be simple or complicated, depending on each player's skill level. When two highly-skilled players with quick reflexes play against each other, expect to see Kungfu movie scenes. But if two average players play against each other, there will be more two - three combos, isolated landed attacks, and some counter - parry - dodge - cancel - counter which will quickly end up in someone getting pummeled for not canceling / dodging / countering in time.

Of course, when a highly skilled player faces an average player, he will quickly play cat and mouse with the average player, and it will be awesome to look at.

Also, the heavy dependance on Stamina meter is meant to make players more tactical in how they move and attack and defend. It's meant to help players master the basics of fighting.

Also, currently Special Moves are cheap and not really special. By making Special Moves consume Qi meter, players would start by cautiously positioning themselves, trading some punches to gain some Qi meter, and then begin to launch Special Moves. The point is to make Special Moves actually special.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Well special moves are......'special'..because you have to enter in a command input to do them. Instead of pressing one button.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

It continues to live!

But... why? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Everyone who is posting and encouraging this thread plz die thx.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

StMichael, here's an idea for you: download Mugen, or google for Fight Game Maker, or learn to program (go to college?).
    Then make your fighter.
    Post it up and we'll playtest it for free.

• Advertisement

Vyze wrote: »
    Everyone who is posting and encouraging this thread plz die thx.

Boooooo!

Don't mind him Michael he's just pissed theres no blazblue characters in it!
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    StMichael, here's an idea for you: download Mugen, or google for Fight Game Maker, or learn to program (go to college?).
    Then make your fighter.
    Post it up and we'll playtest it for free.

Yeah do this! I wanna play your crazy ass game :pac:

Oh, that's a good idea.

I'm quite busy with works, but nothing wrong with trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Sisko wrote: »
    Boooooo!

Don't mind him Michael he's just pissed theres no blazblue characters in it!
    Arcsys vs SNK would be way cooler. :D

StMichael wrote: »
    Oh, that's a good idea.

I'm quite busy with works, but nothing wrong with trying.

Oh yeeeeeah, you heard it here 1st lads , CvS3 is oooooooonnn

How enthusiastic of you. :)

Don't hold your breath.

:p

Here do you have any interest in SF4 or SSF4 at all like? Do you play 'em and if so what console? You only seem to post on this thread. I assume you've read around the forum and such and are aware of the up coming events and the like?

Well, I will usually try every Street Fighter game at least once. Everything with Ryu or Ken in it, I'll try it at least once.

I don't own a PS3, and both SF4 and SSF4 are not out on arcade yet where I live. I did try SF4 on arcade in Chinatown London once.

I think Akuma's Hadouchopter should be written off as a crime against humanity.

Err, if you mean events in Dublin, no I am not aware at all, except for glimpses in this forum. I am actually a third generation overseas Chinese living in Medan, Indonesia, and I stumbled upon this forum when I was looking for a fighting games forum to post my ideas on Capcom vs. SNK 3.

So it's very nice to meet you all. I see that Dubliners are very warm, spirited, and friendly. Conas ta tu? :)

jawdrop2.gif

whaaaaaaaaa????

haha no way man! We all assumed you were irish! Boards.ie is a very large Irish website , in fact check this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boards.ie

Don't get me wrong your fully welcome to post here its just well, allow me to explain :

This fighting game section is only a year old, was started in the hopes of gaining a central starting point to allow an irish fighting game scene to develop, which one has. There is no arcade scene over here, its all consoles.
    The scenes gotten quite big over the past year but we're still at an early stage and there's still many many irish players out there who've no idea theres an irish scene, or only just finding out now.

So its just amusing someone all the way from Indonisa managed to find us and choose our little communtiy to post in :p Irelands a very small country as I'm sure your aware hehe :D How did you come across us anyway? We're trying our best to spread the word about the Irish scene. So it'd be interesting to know how you found out about us.

Theres plenty of bigger more international fighting game forums and since your here I'm going to assume your not aware of them , I'm not going to go off and list everysingle one but the main two that spring to mind are these:

http://www.shoryuken.com/forum.php

Srk, huge fighting game community site, interenational but american based. Spawned the EVO tournament which is the biggest fighting game tournament in the world.

I'm going to be blunt and tell you that if you posted this kinda thread on there you'd be eaten alive. its not the...friendliest forums in the world :p

Your thread would go down very well on this site however :

http://www.capcom-unity.com/street_fighter/go/forum/viewboard

The capcom community forums. Threads such as these are a common sight there.

As I said though your fully welcome to post away on here, just be aware most will assume your Irish and speak to you in that context and use a lot of irish slang or whatever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

As I said though your fully welcome to post away on here, just be aware most will assume your Irish and speak to you in that context and use a lot of irish slang or whatever :D

Honest to Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Honest to Jaysus.

Ah be gháire, to be sure to be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Coming over here, taking our threads :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ah sure ye'll let 'im be.
    Ah go on.
    Go on Go on Go on Go on GO ON!!

Kind friends, have I a stout glass of stout in my hand right now, I would lift it high to slainte you all. :)

So there's no arcade in Ireland? Why is that? If you have arcade, it's easier for people to meet. An arcade is a public place.

I found this Forum through Yahoo. Thanks for your information.

So what is it that you guys do whenever you meet? Have you ever hosted any tournament before?

A thought on 80 characters as being too much, I have cut it down to 60 characters instead:

1. Dan Hibiki - Robert Garcia.
    2. Makoto - Kasumi Todou.
    3. Dee Jay - Blue Mary.
    4. Sakura Kasugano - Yuri Sakazaki.
    5. Lee - Ryo Sakazaki.
    6. Blanka - Benimaru Nikaido.
    7. Alex - Rock Howard.
    8. Edmond Honda - Goro Daimon.
    9. Birdie - Ryuji Yamazaki.
    10. Adon - Joe Higashi.
    11. Remy - Kim Kaphwan.
    12. Cammy White - Leona Heidern.
    13. Guile Williams - Terry Bogard.
    14. Chun Li Zhang - Chizuru Kagura.
    15. Guy - Eiji Kisaragi.
    16. Zangief - Chang Koehan.
    17. Thunderhawk - Tizoc.
    18. Dhalsim - K'.
    19. Mike Bison (the Vegas boxer) - Heavy D'.
    20. Urien - Iori Yagami.
    21. Balrog (the Spanish ninja) - Freeman.
    22. Fei Long Lee - Takuma Sakazaki.
    23. Ken Masters - Kyo Kusanagi.
    24. Eagle - Mr. Big.
    25. Viktor Sagat - Wolfgang Krauser.
    26. Gen - Geese Howard.
    27. Vega (the Shadaloo general) - Werewulf (resurrected Rugal Bernstein).
    28. Gill - Orochi.

And two characters from the Streets of Rage game:
    29. Axel Stone - Shiva.

And two secret Challengers:
    30. Ryu Hoshi - Gouki.

These characters can upgrade to super forms:
    1. Leona Heidern: Blood Riot Leona.
    2. Ryo Sakazaki: Mr. Karate Jr.
    3. Takuma Sakazaki: Mr. Karate.
    4. Ken Masters: Psycho Ken.
    5. Ryu Hoshi: Metsu (Evil Ryu).
    6. Gouki: Ashura (Shin Gouki).

Iori Yagami is by default already at Blood Riot strength level.

StMichael wrote: »
    So there's no arcade in Ireland? Why is that? If you have arcade, it's easier for people to meet. An arcade is a public place.

I found this Forum through Yahoo. Thanks for your information.

So what is it that you guys do whenever you meet? Have you ever hosted any tournament before?

There was some form of an arcade scene here in the 90's , it all died out really. Most are now full of gambling machines and shady characters. Why go to a dodgy arcade and risk getting stabbed when you can play the game at home on your console.

The machines were not well looked after, people running these places had no love for the 'scene' or whatever. Its just died out like it is in many countries. And its so longer considered a viable money making business.

Naturally many of us dream of an arcade being set up in Dublin with all the best fighting games etc etc but its just a dream.

We have meet ups in gaming cafes and tournaments too as well as tournaments at big Lan partys and stuff.

Heres a summary I posted to another guy recently :
    Well we've tons of stuff up on youtube. You were looking for us a few months ago? Can you let us know how you went about looking? The community has been going strong for over a year.

I'll summerise for you :

The forums here on Boards act as the hub of the community. The website and irc facebooks and so on stuff is an extension of that , and also advertisement for it.

People travel from all over the country to our events, tournaments and casuals etc. Usually held in Dublin. We've had 9 big tournaments , known as the inferno ranbats. These usually have 30-40 people and its getting bigger every time.

There as been other tournaments and events outside of the inferno series.

& then theres casuals and meet ups most wednesdays and saturdays.

As it turned out there was a collection of players in/near limerick they've recently started having their own meet ups and small tournaments, so they can got more going with out having to travel to Dublin all the time.

& on top of all this theres the lads in Northern Ireland. Theres been a decent scene going in Belfast for awhile, hosted in Queens University by a group known as the DragonSlayers. They host tournaments and we travel up to them and they travel down to Dublin for the inferno tournaments.

A large group of Irish and N.Irish players even went to france recently for one of the biggest tournaments in europe.

That's really too bad, Sisko. I hope you guys can get an arcade for yourself some day. Perhaps a club (with membership) of your own, with gaming consoles and a snack bar and some pool tables.

There are arcades in my hometown, but they are mostly small scale. The big ones have plenty of shooting and dancing and racing game consoles, but very little fighting game consoles. The small ones have plenty of fighting and shooting game consoles though. But we don't have any gaming community here, because people are very self-oriented.

Well, keep up the spirit. Who knows someday the gaming community in Ireland might own its own place with its own gaming consoles. When that happens, make sure you snap some pictures and post them here. :)

Advertisement