Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Core training

• 17-04-2010 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi folks, have just read interview in Irish Runner with Peter Mathews. I see that he, like me has suffered with lower back pain, and he strongly recommends 'core work'.
    I slipped a disk in 2002 and have only really got back to normal since 2005. I started running in Aug 2009 and love it (I would have played many sports and considered myself quite fit up to disk episode).
    My fitness levels are really improving with the running, as is my whole sense of self worth/quality of life etc.
    But in the back of my mind is the feeling that my back might go at some stage - an odd time after a run I feel slight pain.
    What I would love to know from anybody reading this if you could recommend any simple 'core work' exercises I could do at home that would complement my running.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement