Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Sneaky' New Car Launches!?

• 17-04-2010 8:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Ive just seen there's a brand new (to me anyway) Renault model which seems to be a kind of Megane saloon called the " Fluence " . Now most of the time new release cars are flagged months in advance and some even take months if not a year to ARRIVE in Ireland .But this car has list prices and seems ready to go...A similar case was years ago when a workmate was asking my advice on getting a new (2002?)Toyota Avensis and was being offered what seemed a killer deal ...I advised him to go for it but was rather embarassed when a brand new model was introduced a month or two if not weeks later....
    Id bet theres a few people who bought Meganes recently and now regret it ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

It's just a Megane saloon, no big deal really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Everyone who buys a Renault regrets it! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

The ads for the fluenze has been all over uk tv for months anyway. ITV movies brought to you by heap of junk etc :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

It's a saloon built on the Grand Megane chassis so has a lot more interior room than the Megane Hatch. Haven't seen one yet, but from what I can figure it is a competitor to the Octavia - kind of a bit bigger than Focus / Astra size, but not as big as a Mondeo / Insignia.

Standard specification is very good. Royale has about all you'd want (A/C, Cruise) except alloys. Dyamique add's the alloys and Climate but doesn't seem to be worth the extra.

Tom Tom is top of the range with Nav and I think half leather.

Pricing is very competetive against Focus / Astra / Octavia. Even taking in the forecasted poor resale value the cost to run over 2-4 years is less than the competition with comparable specification.

We'll have to wait and see how reliable they are, but the extended warranty on offer should give good piece of mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I have seen the advert for the car on RTE all week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

The first time I saw the ad I seriously thought they'd named it the Renault Flatulence

Now I'm convinced it's the Influenza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Its pig ugly though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Confab wrote: »
    Now I'm convinced it's the Influenza.

...isn't that a Subaru?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Sandwlch

Renault Effluents ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Renault has just announced a new compact mid-size sedan called the Fluence for its Turkish, Russian, and Romanian markets. The Fluence is sized to slot in between the usual C- and D-segment offerings, making it a bit larger than the Megane and smaller than the Laguna. The front-wheel drive four door is apparently based on the platform of the Renault Samsung SM3 which is built and sold in South Korea.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/08/31/new-renault-fluence-compact-sedan-for-turkey-russia-romania/

not a booted Megane then, but some cheapo heap o' crap :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I wonder has this car any links to the Nissan Tiida platform?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's based on the new Megane platform, has rear suspension from the Nissan Sentra (which shars a lot of bits and is is built on the same platform as the Qashqai)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It's based on the new Megane platform, has rear suspension from the Nissan Sentra (which shars a lot of bits and is is built on the same platform as the Qashqai)

Uh, are we talking about the 1980s Sentra?

nah, the Sentra is still sold in other markets.
    112_0611_la_show_181z+2007_nissan_sentra+front_passenger_view.jpg
    and we get the Tiida...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I like the look of it I have to say, for a Renault is pretty good considering some of the mroe recent releases

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

bazz26 wrote: »
    I wonder has this car any links to the Nissan Tiida platform?

Nope, the Tiida is a stretched version of the Renault Clio's/Nissan Micra's. That's why it is so tall and narrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I like the look of it I have to say, for a Renault is pretty good considering some of the mroe recent releases

Yepp, it looks completely and utterly bland as if it was designed by Koreans about ten years ago.

As such it hits Irish taste buds centre square :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I saw one on the road yesterday, and while it's not my cup of tea, it's not as bad as I thought based on some pictures I've seen.

Have the offer of one for a couple of days which I might take up.

peasant wrote: »
    Yepp, it looks completely and utterly bland as if it was designed by Koreans about ten years ago.
    They actually got 30 koreans to help in the design as it's a major car in the Korean market. sold as a Samsung.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They actually got 30 koreans to help in the design as it's a major car in the Korean market. sold as a Samsung.
    The Tocco "Not so Lite":D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement