Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Desk?

Options
  • 17-04-2010 9:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

While the subject of Help Desk is on the menu I have a question to ask. I posted this thread here http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055883837 a few days ago and got a response. However I tried to make a response to that response and it never got approved. I then posted for an admin to please get back to me on why it wasn't. That way I could possibley reword it if it was worded wrongly or something. Still no word. What's the craic there?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hiya, it's one of the failings of the Helpdesk imo, and one that hopefully Feedforward can find a better solution to.

Helpdesk is basically a premoderated forum, similar to PI and RI etc. Your posts wait to be approved by Administrators. All posts should get approved, but we need to see them to approve them. Anyone that moderates a premoderated forum will know that Mods/Admins don't get notified if there is a post waiting to be approved (maybe that's something that needs looked into). Usually Mods that mod a premoderated forum will check the moderation queue to see what is awaiting moderation. However, Admins can see all premoderated posts for the whole site, so this is unworkable for us as there are so many premoderated posts to sift through. (another idea we could look into fixing maybe)

So, essentially we rely on the wee premoderation icon next to the thread on the forum page.

And that can get missed unfortunately, which I think yours has done. So I'll grant the posts now.

I think until we get Helpdesk sorted properly, if there's a post that hasn't been approved, send an Admin a PM as opposed to bumping the thread, because bumping the thread doesn't notify an Admin. Yeah, it's a pain in the bum, sorry, but hopefully we'll get something better sorted out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Thanks for that explanation Gordon. I hope Help Desk can be sorted soon, as I feel the process is a bit slow and stifles the discussion. I can't even remember what it was about at this stage :)

Advertisement