Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day 1 @ The Crucible

• 17-04-2010 10:03am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Here goes.... :)

10am
    Match 1 – John Higgins v Barry Hawkins
    Match 11 – Mark Allen v Tom Ford

2.30pm
    Match 6 – Joe Perry v Michael Holt
    Match 14 – Stephen Hendry v Zhang Anda

7pm
    Match 1 - John Higgins v Barry Hawkins (to a finish)
    Match 13 – Mark Selby v Ken Doherty

BBC 2 coverage starts at 2.30pm, but both tables are available live via the red button/interactive from 10am. Eurosport also have it live throughout the day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Higgins very poor so far, his poor shooting is making it easy for Hawkins to gather up a few breaks. Ford so far has been cannonfodder for Allen I expect Allen to progress. Really looking forward to Ken's match tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 siscri

Does anyone know if there is anywhere I can watch it online? Thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Poor Tom Ford was really feeling the "Crucible Collywobbles" (One for you Ted) thismorning and Mark was solid as a rock from what I seen.

Higgins never really got into gear throughout the match but he'll be over the moon at only a frame behind. Something tells me we'll see a different Wizard come out at 7pm. :)

The Hendry/Zhang game looks like a real banana skin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

I am gutted, had myself all sorted to fly over this afternoon for Ken's game tonight, but the volcanco had other ideas, just have to watch it on the interactive now. I'm still sorted for the semi's and final hopefully flights etc will be back to normal by then.

For those of you who like a punt Ken is 11/4 to beat Selby, it's a great price guys.

PS.
    You may be able to watch it online on www.justin.tv or myp2p.com

zack01 wrote: »
    I am gutted, had myself all sorted to fly over this afternoon for Ken's game tonight, but the volcanco had other ideas, just have to watch it on the interactive now. I'm still sorted for the semi's and final hopefully flights etc will be back to normal by then.

Hard luck on that man. I thaught that it would have a large affect on attendances in Sheffield with people flying over but this morning there were only a handful of empty seats in the whole arena. I was hoping to go to the opening weekend myself, but work and stuff were a bit of a problem. It's just as well I didn't book anything now.

I see flights are suspended in Ireland until 1pm tomorrow now, hopefully it doesn't last much longer. I read Mark Allen had to get the ferry over from Belfast and only arrived late last night with a 10am start thismorning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Ken currently 4-2 down. Looks like he blew a great chance to go 3-3.
    Mid Session Interval so lets see how he reacts. Very difficult match for Ken in fairness

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Yeah he blew a great chance in the last frame, unlike Ken playing a couple of loose safety shots, he really needs two out of the last three frames this evening or Selby could have a big lead going into tomorrow.

syngindub wrote: »
    Ken currently 4-2 down. Looks like he blew a great chance to go 3-3.
    Mid Session Interval so lets see how he reacts. Very difficult match for Ken in fairness

They have their mid-session afer 4 frames :) & they play 9 tonight.

Ken's loose safety shot in the sixth really cost him alright, although the clearance from mark was great (esp. the cannon on the green). Ken has a 40 pt lead in the seventh now and is back in the balls.

What a great "B Game" display from Higgins tonight, he really lifted himself from his poor show thismorning. Winning the first four frames of the evening really nailed it for him. He'll be a real handful now, anyone remember his poorish start last year...???

Anyway.... COME ON KEN!!!

Advertisement