Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Joystiq recently posted a full roster for MvC3 that they got from "a source". They apperantly got their hands on it before Shulky and Zero were announced - but they weren't exactly hard to guess.
    Joystiq generally dont post things like that, so it makes me put more stock in it. Some of the choices seem a bit odd though - especially Hsein Ko because Capcom explicitly said there were no more DS characters getting a place.
    Not that I'd be complaining. She's my favourite Capcom character =)

Characters in bold are thus far unnanounced.

* Wolverine
    * Ryu
    * Dr. Doom
    * Chun-Li
    * Magneto
    * M. Bison
    * Iron Man/War Machine
    * Morrigan
    * Super Skrull
    * Felicia
    * Taskmaster
    * Hsien-Ko
    * Storm
    * Mega Man EXE/Classic
    * Ultron

* Zero
    * Squirrel Girl
    * Tron Bonne
    * Deadpool
    * Dante
    * Captain America
    * Trish
    * Hulk
    * Chris Redfield
    * X-23
    * Albert Wesker
    * Dormammu
    * Viewtiful Joe
    * Thor
    * Amaterasu
    * Hawkeye
    * Arthur
    * She-Hulk
    * Mike Haggar*
    * Misty Knight

* Nathan Spencer
    * Spider-woman
    * Strider

* Spider-man
    * Frank West/Chuck Greene
    * M.O.D.O.K.
    * Tessa
    * Iron Fist
    * Red Arremer
    * Thanos
    * Victor Delacroix
    * Amatsu-Mikaboshi
    * Soki/Samanosuke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Obviously taking that with fistfuls of salt but I can't help but wonder on the inclusion of a Chaos Legion character (hell, I said how awesome Seig would be on like page 1). I wouldn't have thought Capcom would still have the rights, but perhaps they want to hype a sequel in the works?

Arremer already appears in his standard "weak" form in the G&G stage but maybe one of his badass boss forms could be playable, a man can dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Sairus wrote: »
    * Squirrel Girl
    * Squirrel Girl
    * Squirrel Girl

....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I CAN'T GET AWAY FROM IT.
    NOT EVEN CHANGING GAMES WILL SAVE ME.

Also that word is officially stupid. Look at it, just LOOK at it. Squirrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Really hating the visuals of this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

According to SRK this roster is the real deal!

Originally Posted by NeoGAF user NeoUltima Marvel Side
    Galactus (Boss) (unrevealed)
    -Taskmaster (unlock) (unrevealed)
    -Shuma-Gorath (DLC) (leaked)
    -She-Hulk
    -Deadpool
    -Captain America
    -X-23
    -Magneto
    -Modok
    -Hulk
    -Spider-Man
    -Dr. Doom
    -Sentinel (unrevealed)
    -Storm (unrevealed)
    -Phoenix/Dark Phoenix (unrevealed)
    -Super Skrull
    -Dormammu
    -Wolverine
    -Iron Man

Capcom Side
    -Amaterasu
    -Ryu
    -Rad Spencer
    -Chun Li
    -C. Viper (unrevealed)
    -Hsien-ko (unrevealed)
    -Jill (DLC) (unrevealed)
    -Chris
    -Wesker
    -Dante
    -Trish
    -Arthur
    -Felicia
    -Morrigan
    -Viewtiful Joe
    -Tron Bonne
    -Mike Haggar (leaked)
    -Akuma (unlock) (unrevealed)
    -Zero

Notes:
    Edgeworth and Phoenix Wright make cameos in She-Hulk's ending. I think I might be missing a character, but it's 38 for the roster.

P.S Hubs is reporting that in america if you pre-order MVC3, you will get Jill and shuma gorath as DLC. Thats right everyone, team S.T.A.R.S is a reality!

Hoping we see how jill plays soon. Since tis her RE5 design, wondering if she'll be different than before... Also, wtf happened to frank west!?! I think the whole internet suspected him.

• Advertisement

P.S Hubs is reporting that in america if you pre-order MVC3, you will get Jill and shuma gorath as DLC. Thats right everyone, team S.T.A.R.S is a reality!

270557celg.jpg

DLC characters. Ugh. The ad also goes on to say they wont be available for 4 weeks after release.

I guess SRK's list fair blows Joystiq's out of the water! However, plenty of salt still required.
    SRK wrote: »
    This is said to come from "very reliable sources". We obviously can't vouch for that, so this is a rumor at this time until farther substantiated
    It does make more sense timeline-wise though. Capcom have stated that they're going to be releasing two characters a month until launch, and the game comes out in April.
    SRK wrote: »
    GameStop also changed the release date on the game from March to February 15th, matching Amazon.com's date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Jill! I do like her. Hopefully the RE characters will have STARS gear as alternative outfits.
    The ad also goes on to say they wont be available for 4 weeks after release.

Hope this isn't the case, I don't particular want to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

DLC characters :(

Limited Edition DLC characters :mad:, although Im assuming they'll be available for download after 4 weeks for those who bought the regular edition (hopefully).

Not a comic book fan so not really interested in anything else in the collectors edition

GorySnake wrote: »
    Limited Edition DLC characters :mad:, although Im assuming they'll be available for download after 4 weeks for those who bought the regular edition (hopefully).

Not a comic book fan so not really interested in anything else in the collectors edition

I would be shocked if the DLC characters were not made publicably available on XBLA/PSN. The silver lining on packaging DLC characters with a CE is that more people will probably get them, so it might make tournaments a little easier to run.

And yar, the art book could be good, and the MvC comic itself might be fun for a once off gawk, but the 1 month sub to Marvel's digital comic store will be totally wasted on half of the CE's purchasers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

The ad doesn't say anything about the DLC characters being exclusive to this pack, so they're just tossed in free. Normal, SE-hating cheapskates like myself will have to pay extra.

No Dan? Boo. No Cable either means that Sentinel is the only survivor from my old team, but otherwise, that list looks quite healthy. Hsien-Ko is oddball but welcome despite not being Q-Bee. So far, the only automatic main I have is Arthur so it'll take me a while to test everybody else out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

No Juri ( well, theres always DLC ) means I'm going to have to actually play the other characters to see who will take the converted last spot in my team. ( Zero, Deadpool, ?????? )

I'm still seriously considering pre-ordering the CE, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Wesker/Dante/V-Joe gonna be the best team ever.

Morrigan is the only character there that I used to use, but Hsein-Ko/Spencer/X-23 is looking mighty appealing =)

EDIT: Also, Shoryuken mentioned that someone in the forums claimed Galactus can be seen between Felica and Doom on the inside of the box in the Gamestop photo, but it's just the reflection of the CD.

DisprovingGalactus.png

Woo, got on Shoryuken =D (End of the article)
    http://shoryuken.com/content/full-marvel-vs-capcom-3-roster-leaked-2440/

First Eventhubs, now Shoryuken, next Capcom's art department.

EDIT: Capcom-Unity trying to save some face with a quick charatcer reveal and confrimed release date: 15th February 2011.

DLC_Noted_MvC3_Shumago_CharacterArt_copy.jpg

DLC_Noted_MvC3_Jill_CharacterArt.jpg

And finally some box art. Adi Granov has started drawing faces really strangely =/

MVSC3_PACK_360_EU_RGB_V1.jpg

Oh, that image was yours? Good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

JILLLLL!!!

Woooooohooooooo

But she's in her RE5 costume......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

More importantly Weskers crazy control device is spoiling her cleavage. :pac:

She better say "I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S", that was one of the reasons why I play her in MvC2 but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Wow, personally I am not a fan at all of the Marvel games, in fact quite the opposite, but I gotta say MvC3 is looking really good, I will most definitely try it before I knock it!

Here's a couple more fights with Shulky and Zero.
    Also, some clarification on the release date. America gets it on Feb 15th, Europe has to wait until the 18th to get our mitts on it.
    Apperantly that CE shown earlier with the Shuma and Jill DLC tokens is only for the US and there's no guarentee that package will be the same over here.

Highlights include: A nice long look at Arthur's stage for Dunjohn to pore over, Captain Yank getting sassy with Zero, and Zero dishing out some serious pain with his combos. That dude just keeps those combos going.

I love how Hulk and Shulky call each other Jen and Bruce when they switch out. Nice wee touch =D
    I still hate how Shulky looks like she's going to play (and having to use 'Shulky' so much), but she has a fairly crazy damage output for how fast she moves.

• Advertisement

A nice long look at Arthur's stage for Dunjohn to pore over
    Astaroth! Awesome!

So, uh... does Wesker have any moves, or what's his deal? Zero looks like he'll be a pain in the arse to deal with in the hands of a good player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

**** DLC and **** this game.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

**** DLC and **** this game.

This man speak the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Here's hoping DLC is just early unlocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

OUT FEB 18TH

16_mvc3art04.jpg

cant wait, gonna be amazing

Yeah I hope we're not gonna get shafted with the DLC. I really want Jill for my RE team

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Really happy its gonna be out so soon! Hope they dont delay like they did with ssf4... before I was thinking I'd pick it up for the crack but now I'm really getting hype. Wish it didnt have the xfactor thing though. I say boo-urns to ultra,rage,xfactor meters and the like.

The art on the new cover is cool but the artist would want to look at a few different faces next time he draws. All the guys on the cover look like one big facebomb

Naw, I don't really like that box art at all. Faces are too angular and look wrong for all the characters (dunno who that lady in blue is, but it's not Chun Li, and everyone's mouth seems to bulge out), the colours are all very hard and the layout isn't the most imaginitive. The characters are all individual poses that have been thrown together and none look like they're fighting each other (Hello? Captain Yank? Guy with a gun behi... oh never mind). Most aren't even to scale.

Basically, that box art's been thrown together. I can't see it standing out on the shelves at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://shoryuken.com/content/esrb-ratings-summary-marvel-vs-capcom-3-funny-2620/
    This is an arcade-style fighting game in which players can engage in three-on-three battles with characters from the Marvel Comics and Capcom universes. Players punch, kick, and use over-the-top attacks (e.g., laser blasts, fireballs, lightning strikes) to deplete opponents' life meters. Some characters also use pistols, swords, throwing knives, or explosives to knock characters across the screen or to the ground. A handful of female characters wear revealing outfits that expose large amounts of cleavage and buttocks (e.g., one character's costume covers her breasts with thin strips of cloth). The dialogue sometimes references suggestive material (e.g., "Ya got any naked pictures of your mom? Want some?"), and one still-frame cutscene depicts a female pole dancer under a sign that reads, "Sexual Embrace." Language such as "a*s, "hell," and "b*e-yotch" appear in dialogue.

btw guys it's fur, not cloth

• Advertisement

Yreval wrote: »
    btw guys it's fur, not cloth
    Shhhh they'll knock the rating up

Advertisement