Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Apparently Morrigan's air throw is called the sexual embrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Indeed it is. Also, her f+HK throw is called Breast Anguish (source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/arcade/562704-capcom-vs-snk-2/faqs/24534).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

The only screen grab they post in that article is one of Wesker. Am I to assume he's the source of the quote? Damn, I really should pick up some of the ResE games post-Code: Veronica.

http://shoryuken.com/content/shoryuken-com-interviews-seth-killian-marvel-vs-capcom-3-specifics-2686/
    MODOK is straight ridiculousness. You gain "levels of understanding" through successful hit with an Analyze Cube. The "levels" can be used in ways to basically give you really powerful versions of existing attacks (the powerup effect from the cube remains until been used). You can stack up as many of these as you like, and you can combo into the Analyze Cube, though it typically ends the combo with that move. Here are the unique moves MODOK gets when he has a "level of understanding":

--Psionic High Blast: does about 2x as much damage as regular Psi blasts, and causes opponent to reel and leaves you with a brief window for followup attacks afterwards.

--Super "Aegis" (not the real name): back+C produces MODOK's small "Aegis Reflector"-ish shield. With an Analyze Cube, you can produce a giant-sized version of this same shield. It doesn't hit like an Aegis, but is virtually impenetrable (to anything less than a super) for a while, and the giant version is so big you have to superjump just to get over it. It's obviously great on defense, but just like the Aegis, firing it out actually lets MODOK rush you down.

--Jamming Bomb: A slow-moving, tracking projectile that causes reel on hit but also causes the opponent's controls to be briefly reversed, a la Thanos and the Mind Gem from MSH.

Although this is somewhat worrying - here he takes an entire paragraph to basically say "no":
    Keits: People are concerned that using an air exchange to tag and combo extend will be worthless because mashing every direction and the E button reportedly gets you out every time in the TGS build. This is what testers at conventions have said, so I have no idea if its true or not. Does the game have any countermeasure against mashing out exchange counters other than your opponent just not doing exchange tags?

Seth: You can punish people trying to mash out an air-tag, because if if the attacker doesn't actually attempt one against someone mashing, the masher leaves themselves open by mashing out their slowest air normal. When you do that, you're open to air supers, crossups--anything really. If you want to try and mash a counter, you risk resetting yourself, basically. It's a bit like SSFIV's frame trap counterhit normals that catch people trying to abuse the "foolproof" crouch tech technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Storm and C.Viper announced

Storm:
    She only says Typhoon once in the trailer. Bull****.

Viper:
    She can Focus Attack! :D Pretty awesome.
    She takes full damage, but she seems to be able to take any amount of hits and can then interupt the attacker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

"So, you doing anything after this?" lol

They seem to have brought back her original Street Fighter chest specifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Bazongas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

• Advertisement

http://shoryuken.com/content/2815-capcom-unity-marvel-vs-capcom-3-live-stream-right-now
    - Notes -

- Tron Bonne can use OTG assists, like Deadpool's sword, to pick up after her command throw, and use that to land a combo or super.

- X-23 can hold her command hop startup to delay it, and then has the option to cancel it and go back to nuetral, just like Makoto's thrust punch in SSF4. This allows her to do fierce feint fierce style stuff.

- X-23 has vicious unblockable resets using her Level 3.

- Spider-Man gets two air-dashs in a jump, so he can f,f web-swing twice, or web-swing and then web-zip.

- Tron has a two hit normal jump sequence on tall opponents that causes ground bounce so she can get an OTG into launch.

- John D repeatedly poked fun on the stream at the idea that Capcom had RAM problems with any character.

- Seth reiterates that in the final builds, throws are serious business in MvC3 and lead to huge damage combos for lots of characters.

Sounds good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

X23 sounds like a fun and great character. Cant wait for this now.

Man I'd ****ing love some Hsein-Ko action.
    There's an achievement for doing 320 missions, which I assume is all of them. Capcom said there'd be around 30 cast members, so I'm guessing that achievement makes it a total of 32 characters (if each character has 10 challenges - they could alternatively have only 8 missions each which would give an even 40 characters :) ).

Hsien-ko??

It's Lei-Lei; and her twin sister is Lin-Lin, not Mei-Ling.

Really now.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Hsien-ko??

Really now.

Oh, I'm sorry. Did you see that Gouki has also been basically confirmed then? :pac:

Yeah, it's great that Gouken's brother is in it, isn't it?

Shun Goku Satsu

Hsien-ko??

Really now.

We're soooo not going down this route.

Balrog, Vega, M Bison, etc etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Hsien-ko??

Really now.

This aint Japan, its Hsien-Ko and Mei-Ling.
    Yeah, it's great that Gouken's brother is in it, isn't it?

Shun Goku Satsu

What? Gouken, in Japan, is called Gouken. Unless there's some crazy law that brothers must have the same first syllable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I don't care about the names. I'm just glad I can play as my favourite Rockman, Biohazard and Demon World Village characters in the same game.

• Advertisement

There's nothing really new in this video except some small clips of yet to be shown prerendered movies. It's still kind of cool though :)
    The remix of Take You for a Ride at the end sounds pretty sweet too!

The guy drawing the MvC3 comic posted inks of a few pages, two of which include Galactus and Taskmaster. (I assume people are less familiar with Tasky, so he gets a link :) )
    I would imagine this means Taskmaster is playable and that Galactus may be a boss.
    If he is playable, I'd reckon on Taskmaster being like Seth. Able to use a mix of everyone's moves.

26_comicmvc01.jpg

26_comicmvc02.jpg

Some impressions of the latest build (with Storm, Viper, etc.):

http://shoryuken.com/content/marvel-vs-capcom-3-portugal-impressions-2952/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Read the Taskmaster Wiki, he sounds like fun, hope he's in it.

A review from NowGamer (which has since been removed from their site) had this screenshot included:
    m19383mvc3000.jpg

Also, from another site showing off some of the alternate colours:

550readyupmvc3altcostum.jpg

I love the thought they're putting into them. :)
    The Punisher Captain Yank one is especially awesome.
    As the site that image is pulled from says, this is the best kind of fanservice. People who dont read the comics aren't put out by not getting the references, but anyone who does get them is giggling away for hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

bush wrote: »
    gay marvel character

somewhere, 10,000 fanboys are screaming for Bushes blood.

Phoenix using Ressurection is badass.

Holy crap her super is DARK PHOENIX!

I bet kiki's salivating at the alt costume possiblities.

(Slightly NSFW)

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff17/bucaro_2007/X-Men/Jean20Grey_Black20Queen20St1.jpg

• Advertisement

From the gameplay, I'd actually say that Phoenix doesn't look that hot...

Advertisement