Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Released in almost a month February 15, 2011.
    I'm not sure wether it will be as popular as Street Fighter or not, dont care either. All i know is that the Irish scene will have 1 extra new game that can be played outside of our homes [that is not ST, or EX]

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

I think Feb 15 is america and 18 feb is here. Tis the release date at work anyways. I'd can see myself playing mvc3 alot anyways. I was really into tvc when it came out but lack of friends playing it and online on the wii being unreliable burned out the fun fast for me whereas with mvc3, most people I play sf4 with often are getting that too. Just hope its worth the wait. When it was announced I thought twould be good but now I'm really hyped. Alot of the roster look really interesting to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Hey gamesnash can you sort us all out with your fast delivery on pre orders like for sf4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

bush wrote: »
    Hey gamesnash can you sort us all out with your fast delivery on pre orders like for sf4?

Yeah no worries there - we can do the same as with SFIV and prioritise all boards.ie orders picking wise. Will post up when we have it on site (should be tomorrow afternoon if all goes according to plan) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Yeah no worries there - we can do the same as with SFIV and prioritise all boards.ie orders picking wise. Will post up when we have it on site (should be tomorrow afternoon if all goes according to plan) :)

Any word on Pre-order bonuses ?

http://www.capcom-europe.com/blog/2011/01/mvc3-pre-order-bonuses/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Good stuff :) I'd be happy to throw in another pre-order with ye guys this year.
    Any word on if there'll be a European special edition and what it will contain if there is? I dont think I've seen any mention of one on the net yet.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I think MvC might have an initial huge spurt of popularity well beyond SF4s, because of Marvel fanboys. I'm not sure how many would hang around though.

It will do well, particularly in the US. But globally it doesn't have the same pulling power as the Street Fighter brand. As I said before I think its going be love it or loath kinda of game. As UberPrinney suggested I also think this might end more of a party piece game after the novelty wears off. Although TvC might of done better had it not been stuck on the Wii only.

As for Marvel fanboys, don't think the Marvel brand means that much in Ireland or in Europe. I mean comic book reading is something of a very small niche over here.

Personally the Marvel brand means zilch to me and none of the Marvel characters interest me. Outside of Wesker none of the Capcoms characters interest me either.

Still undecided on getting this or not. I just can't see myself playing it much.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Hey if I prebook how early would I get it? Just wondering the day. I could get it from work as early as the wednesday of its release but would happily prebook if it gets me it the tuesday of that week. Cant let them americans get it a day ahead of me!

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

J0hnick wrote: »

Have to be honest - nothing was flagged to us at all and this is first I've heard of it. Will ask the question tomorrow and see what the distributors have to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

J0hnick wrote: »

I...want...them...all. Well, most of them. I'd still prefer free Jill Valentine...

Kinda sucks that Gamestation are getting the steelbook, what with them not having a branch in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I've managed to live this long without ever wearing a superhero on my t-shirt and I intend to continue doing so. I'll just be getting the basic edition. I think I remember promissing to get my next game through gamesnash after SSF4 so that'll likely be this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

would be really nice if gamesnash could get the steelbook edition.... if you get it i swear ill buy from you pat

More Akuma leakage. He looks all weird and scawny after the last two years of SF4.
    akuma_mvc3_leak.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

F*ck those villains, give me more high-res Tron Bonne!!

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    F*ck those villains, give me more high-res Tron Bonne!!

http://mognetcentral.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/tron.jpg

Also, Hyper Thor taunt :D Watch that Hyper Meter go!

I really, really hope Venom is the Marvel reveal with Akuma!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

It's looking increasingly like the last 2 Marvel characters are Sentinel and Taskmaster, as one of the earlier "leak lists" has been 100% thus far iirc.

Mr. K wrote: »
    I really, really hope Venom is the Marvel reveal with Akuma!
    I doubt he will be from the difficulty in animating him. For this game they've shied away from most characters that have any sort of mad transformations. Tron Bonne and Super Skrull have some of the most shape shiftery animations and those are still pretty tame by Venom's standards.

• Advertisement

Shuma Gorath is capable of some mad stuff. Wonder if they'll tone him down any.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm quite suprised there's no sign of Norman Osbourne in some form yet in MvC3. He's been the biggest villain in Marvel for some years now.

Maybe the Iron Patriot will be a palette swap for Iron Man but I'd rather finally see a Goblin in a MvC game.

Maybe the Iron Patriot will be a palette swap for Iron Man but I'd rather finally see a Goblin in a MvC game.

I've been hoping for Green Goblin since MVC3 was announced. I think Capcom said something about characters with mounts being a problem (like Silver Surfer).

I don't see why Goblin would need his glider though, he has plenty of gadgets. He could just use it in Supers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Latest TV ad apparently showed his glider.

So make of that what you will.

How I love Green Goblin...his inclusion would blow my mind.

Nah, I went through the video slowly when I first saw it to try and figure out what the ship was. It's way too big to be a glider.
    EventHubs have some nice stills too.

11_glider01.jpg

11_glider02.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Fnutkrumpler

Yup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpyEUdbLCd0#T=00m17s

And the fact that spidey's on it seem to increase the likelihood that it's the Goblin's glider.

Although, it looks a little big. I really hope it's a hint at the goblin's inclusion, but I suspect it's just a plane

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Fnutkrumpler

Sairus wrote: »
    Nah, I went through the video slowly when I first saw it to try and figure out what the ship was. It's way too big to be a glider.
    EventHubs have some nice stills too.

11_glider01.jpg

11_glider02.jpg

lol beaten by a minute

and yeah, those images make it pretty clear that it's a plane. Goddamnit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Advertisement

Taskmaster and Akuma join the roster. Whole world shocked.

Youtube videos aren't up at this moment, so check the embedded IGN clips over at SRK:
    http://shoryuken.com/content/taskmaster-akuma-marvel-vs-capcom-3-3197/

As predicted, Taskmaster has a bunch of other people's moves along with his own shenanigans. His counter is damn awesome; slice them up with the sword then shoot them in the back of the head XD Badass.

Akuma looks like Akuma usually does. I like that they stuck with the MvC2 electrical finish to his moves. The air tatsu combo he did was nice though.

Also, what the Hell was that at 0:50 in the Akuma trailer? Cosmic Doom or something? He has his own special solo lifebar and the match timer is bracketed by "EARTH TIMER" "SAVE THE EARTH!!"

Finally:
    Eurogamer wrote: »
    Both of these characters are unlockable fighters. Akuma is unlocked after reaching 2,000 player points, Taskmaster 8,000.

Advertisement