Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Both of these characters are unlockable fighters. Akuma is unlocked after reaching 2,000 player points, Taskmaster 8,000.

It Better be easy to get that many points.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Fnutkrumpler

Holy **** Raging Demon looks like it might actually be useful. I'm maining the hell out of Akuma.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Okay... Taskmaster's voice and personality are absolutely not what I'd been expecting. I'm liking him less and less.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

There's a shot of Cosmic Doom.
    stire.png

Though I think I prefer his incarnation in the 1994 cartoon.

The Earth Limit thing must mean that's the Arcade boss fight.

/probably the last person to figure that out

• Advertisement

Dunjohn wrote: »
    The Earth Limit thing must mean that's the Arcade boss fight.
    I assume he's the sub boss or something.
    What gets me about the screen though is the score. MvC scores (and VS games in general) are typically in the tens of millions by the time you get near the the final boss, even if you continue a load of times. (and if this is following SF4's standard, the 3 at the end of the score means the player has only continued 3 times so far.)
    It could be a dev build with a level select or just a special bonus mode like Dramatic Battle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Sairus wrote: »
    I assume he's the sub boss or something.

Wasn't Doom the sub boss the Marvel Super Heroes? He was so much cooler than Thanos.

Taskmaster's voice is quite...odd. He looks cool though. Akuma is Akuma, what else did we expect?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Was just listening to the latest Cross Counter in the background while doing some paperwork, and Mike Ross made a really good point about MvC3, which was basically:

The game has too much stuff going on in it for the casual observer to even understand what they're looking at, and that the success or failure of the game in the community will depend on how many good tutorials people put out. Stuff focusing mostly on the basics of combat, switching, X factor and what everyone means. This will massively help it attract players.

I think he's right too. Even though I'd never played 3S, I knew the Daigo parry vid was awesome; but I'm not sure I've ever seen a game of MvC2 where I knew what was going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

did i blink or did akuma just raging demon across the screen faster than a bullet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

It Better be easy to get that many points.

Apparently one playthrough of Arcade Mode is about 2000 points.
    did i blink or did akuma just raging demon across the screen faster than a bullet?

Indeed he did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

how hard are those combos, mash mash mash ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I must say I wasn't impressed with the early vids I saw of this a couple of months back but after reading through this thread now it is looking much better. Definitely think I'll be getting this!

The game has too much stuff going on in it for the casual observer to even understand what they're looking at, and that the success or failure of the game in the community will depend on how many good tutorials people put out. Stuff focusing mostly on the basics of combat, switching, X factor and what everyone means. This will massively help it attract players.

I think he's right too. Even though I'd never played 3S, I knew the Daigo parry vid was awesome; but I'm not sure I've ever seen a game of MvC2 where I knew what was going on.

Definitely. I'd love to like MvC2, but I cant make heads or tails of what's going on in that at all.
    The FG community in general is not shy about churning out tutorial videos and articles these days, so I'm confident MvC3 will have quite a library of resources for anyone who wants to get into it.
    However having said that, I dont think it'll last anyway. 3S generally looks great regardless if you know the game at all. Once you know what a parry is most matches are amazing.
    MvC3 just has so much **** going on at all times that it's harder to pick out a cool and hard combo or tactical X Factor play against the cluster**** of aerial raves and character assists. No amount of tutorials will make a casual player really appreciate that.

...I'm not sure if any of hat I just said makes sense, but I'm tired :/

Also, have some videos:

"It's always fun to kill a god!"
    Akuma. What a man.

Couple of things I noticed in those vids:
    Task's hyper counter was stuffed with a point blank hadouken.
    Akuma looks to be totally invincible during Shun Goku Satsu.
    Akuma can choose to do a beam hadouken hyper or a spam dozens of regular hadoukens hyper, both in the air and on the ground.

One last update and that should be all on the Akuma/Task front! Now hurry up Capcom, I want to see Hsien-ko conformation!

God I hate how Taskmaster looks. He's got a boob window for christs sake.
    17_mvc3taskmasterart.jpg

And Akuma has a teeny tiny head.
    17_mvc3akumaart.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

I think the counter supers only work on physical attacks though I could have sworn weeks back I read somewhere that wesker can counter fireballs but the input is different. Dont like the way taskmaster looks or sounds but he looks solid. A month to the day now and we'll actually get to play.

Akuma's lvl 3 is insanely fast. Wonder if its possible to use advancing guard and immediately lvl 3? Would be pretty dangerous. Or since xfactoring resets ur position, you could prob adv.guard, xfactor cancel into lvl 3? Really looking forward to experimenting all that kinda stuff! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

new.png

Please Capcom please please please don't pass up the fanboy interactions between Deadpool and Taskmaster.

http://shoryuken.com/content/wakeup-shoryuken-e048-2-hour-marvel-vs-capcom-3-ces-2011-special-w-ultradavid-3223/

Two-hour SRK podcast on the CES build, covering every character. Will listen to it later as I'm going out soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Bob Engineer

for me...

capcom character really2 nice...

the character ar so alive for me...

i follow capcom character like ryu, ken scene from chillhood

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

cat-high.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

for me...

capcom character really2 nice...

the character ar so alive for me...

i follow capcom character like ryu, ken scene from chillhood

Not sure what your getting at but by all accounts Ryu is probably the worst character in this game.

• Advertisement

This is one game where I won't object to somebody picking a favourite over a solid, the whole thing is pure fanboy cake. Heck I still main Dan in MvC2, though I eventually retired him from my list of SFIV mains after God and Satan sent me that petition thing.

It's also the reason I'm determined to run Arthur even though his keep-away fireball style is completely at odds with my own beatdown instincts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Dunjohn wrote: »
    This is one game where I won't object to somebody picking a favourite over a solid, the whole thing is pure fanboy cake.

I've tried to take a middle of the road approach to this, made a shortlist of characters I actually like and I'm just going to try and craft an effective team from that selection, if they all end up working crap so be it.

Trying to put a bit more thought into who I play, but I won't play a character I don't like for effectiveness alone, just not how I roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

This isn't set in stone, but I think I'm gonna have hero and villain teams.

Heroes: Spidey, Jill, whoever

Villains: Wesker, whoever, whoever

Not terribly complex, I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

From the build I played, Felicia is solid and Trish is interesting. Chunners is easy to play with so she might be an early choice.

For a team I'd consider serious use it would be...

Skrull= He looks insanely fun and can grapple.

Taskmaster= Dont like how big they made him but that he can reflect projectiles and has a counter super looks really good. And his projectile that comes down from the top of the screen looks sneaky.

I honestly think the 3rd guy will change based on my opponents point man etc but I want to try out magneto, wesker and haggar.

I hate that I havent played this yet. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

ayjayirl wrote: »
    im a troll
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

You know that leaked character list? The one that has Sentinel? The one that has never been wrong so far?

It's wrong.

Bit disappointed by the Rival Schools deconfirm, but either way, the plot thickens...

EDIT: Lupinko continues to insist that Sentinel is in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Come on Capcom, pull an epic troll, I'll be skiting myself laughing at all the enraged fanboys. :pac:

The Sentinel "deconfirm" was a mistranslation, apparently: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25558335&postcount=1031

I'll just say this: until now I didn't really care either way about Sentinel being in the game, but now I hope Lupinko is proven right, just for the profound saltiness that will result if/when he is announced.

• Advertisement

Awh thats a shame... I dont really care that it was sentinel but I got excited at the disconfirm news because it had me excited about who it could be then... Wish this game would hurry up and come out.

Advertisement