Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Its looking like there could be a chance to play mvc3, like we did last year with SSFIV. (if anyone knows what i mean...)

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Suddenly I'm hype for this game.

I wasn't really before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://www.neoempire.com/?p=6250

hsien.jpg

discuss

EDIT: Haha, this is a rather obvious fake. Guess that's what happens when you stay up that late.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Speaking of screenshots...
    26_mvc3sentinel.jpg

It's allegedly taken from a German games magazine, but no solid confirmation.
    The clipping of Arthur/Sentinel/mini-sentinel is pretty bang on if it's a shopped image though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Pity he looks exactly like he did in 2. I was hoping for the old school Sentinel colours:

200px-Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_151_page_11_Sentinel_Mk_IV_%28Earth-616%29.jpg

Hopefully his stats will be toned down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Mr. K wrote: »
    Pity he looks exactly like he did in 2. I was hoping for the old school Sentinel colours:

From the articles that have been posted about the decisions behind alt colours, I say you have a pretty good chance of getting what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

There will have to be a NY Knicks style Mango Sentinel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

If move lists have been posted, disregard! If not: http://marvelvscapcom3.com/us/characters

Interesting to see the comparison of simple vs standard controls - some moves not possible in simple. Some characters (eg. Akuma, Jill) have no controls listed yet. POTENTIALLY four characters to be unveiled...

🤪

Yreval wrote: »
    No doubt about it now.
    Yessssssssssssssssss

leilei.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Meh.

S'pos we all knew it was coming anyway.

Also, 3 Darkstalkers reps and I'm not fussed on any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yeah so whats the big deal Hsien-Ko thats got everyone excited? Is it just because its another confirmed addition?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression

SRK.

Just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

no down for me too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Sagat06 wrote: »
    no down for me too

I got a message stating they were updating the site and it would be available tomorrow (Fri 28th)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yeah so whats the big deal Hsien-Ko thats got everyone excited? Is it just because its another confirmed addition?
    Let me reformulate my answer as an image:

(click to make bigger)
    th_46620_LeiLei_123_116lo.jpg

This is apparently Dante's full movelist: http://toal.jp/mvc3/movelist.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

SRK.

Just me?

Nope, its been down since the live broadcast of Wakeup SRK last night, least I got to hear the Evo lineup (surprised they dropped HDR :confused:).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Fanboys....

Yreval wrote: »
    This is apparently Dante's full movelist: http://toal.jp/mvc3/movelist.jpeg

Yeah the other one was a tad sparse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

All the DarkStalkers characters are women, shame, Jon Talbain or Donovan would have been cool.

vids: http://www.neoempire.com/?p=6261

Can't access eurogamer in college.

Most interesting thing is the stage, Hsien ko is an awful character design. practically any of the male darkstalkers would have been way cooler.

Gooood ****. Hsien-Ko is my favourite game character in general. Good to see her back! :D
    Though having said that, I'm not gone on her character model :/ It's too plain for the MvC3 engine so she looks super shiney and weird.
    Moves look nice, especially her Hypers. They seem to be really easy to link into. Her slooooow air dash is odd though. It's almost like a pause in the air as opposed to a dash.

Sentinel looks brillant. Probably the nicest looking character in the game.
    Gameplay wise... he looks like Sentinel, so whatever :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Why do you have a problem with Sentinel's gameplay? I always thought he was a fun character to play in MVC2, looks like he'll be fun in this game too.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Why do you have a problem with Sentinel's gameplay? I always thought he was a fun character to play in MVC2, looks like he'll be fun in this game too.

It's not that I have a problem with him, it's just that he looks pretty much identical to his previous version from my limited MvC2 experience, so there's not much to comment on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I think he'll be pretty different, obviously he won't be able to do his super x rocket punch loops, fly mode looks slower, he can't do mouthbeam xx drones it looks like either. Hope he's still good anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Kinu Nishimura doing the art for this, biggest plus about the game, so far....

J0hnick wrote: »
    All the DarkStalkers characters are women, shame, Jon Talbain or Donovan would have been cool.

Nothing against the DS characters that are in the game, but I would have liked to have seen Zabel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Donovan would have been cool. He looks like Dan. That's good enough for me.

Darkstalkers has been out of the public eye for so long that the general hivemind only really remembers the rather outrageous female character designs. The franchise was very lucky to get three slots. They'd never have got away with Anakaris or someone this time round.

Advertisement