Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Glad Marn mixed up his teams a little. Was growing a little tiresome of Arthur-Storm-Sentinel vs Magneto-Sentinel-Zero to be honest...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

http://justin.tv/funkyp/b/279481482

This is what happens when you get Dark Phoenix and activate level 3 X factor at the same time.

All I can say is JESUS F***ING CHRIST! :eek:

Seth wasn't far off when he spoke of a mind melting character all those months ago at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Oh man. I'm glad I know how to block...but I don't think that's gonna help against 100% magic series.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

just found a 54-56 hit combo with dante no assist's..

akuma has godlike corner combo's average combo in the corner is 52 hits >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

SRK have released a MvC3 guide - essentially everything you need to know: http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Marvel_vs_Capcom_3

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    SRK have released a MvC3 guide - essentially everything you need to know: http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Marvel_vs_Capcom_3

Nice. Just what i needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Show-offs.......pffft.

:(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ken B wrote: »
    Show-offs.......pffft.

I'm with you on this one, Kenneth Beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Ken B wrote: »
    Show-offs.......pffft.

Glad I'm not the only person in the world not playing this already!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Your better off! I only got a brief taste and it makes the wait harder. Thank god I'm off wednesday and thursday so I can muck in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

pretty good lookin wiki i must say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Placebo wrote: »
    pretty good lookin wiki i must say

It's pretty nice alright.

Bet you've picked your all girl team already Farz, based on their hairstyles and shoes of course.

I'm already lookin up chun.
    Bet you're broken on the inside that fatman didnt make the cut.
    Perhaps hulk will be an alternative.

jaysus Phoenix looks deadly
    http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Marvel_vs_Capcom_3/Phoenix

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Wow the game looks sick I cannot wait

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ramza wrote: »
    Wow the game looks sick I cannot wait

Yeah looking like great fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

If Wolverine is the last person on the opposing team and you finish him with Deadpool, he takes a swing at X-Men Origins in his win quote.

""You see that? That's how you beat Wolverine people. AND YOU DON'T EVEN NEED OPTIC BLASTS! HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Some new info mainly regarding DLC went up last night on Capcom-Unity including a couple of trailers. The first wave of DLC hits on March 1st. That includes Jill and Shuma Gorath, DLC costumes ( :( ) and the first batch of Shadow Mode profiles.
    (Shadow Mode basically lets you download a set of teams based on the ones the developers like to use. Expect to see famous players getting Shadow Mode DLC in the future.)

Firstly, here's the Episode 4 trailer. This is actually the intro to the game, so if you want to save that dont watch it. Also, it has a pretty big hint as to what the last boss is, so avoid if you dont want it spoiled.

Here's a trailer for the full roster. It's pretty awesome, but again it spoils the last boss. To avoid spoilers skip to 2:20 for the only new piece of info in the trailer - the DLC costumes, and some Take You For a Ride :pac:

Here's a couple of screens:

RE1 Chris, SF1 Ryu and some weird Dante :pac: (I've never played a DMC :D )

bdd067c8c50448833b999f5a03ab96a2.jpg

Classic Thor, WWII current "Super Soldier" Captain Yank and Iron Patriot (Green Goblin after he stole a set of armour and became head of SHIELD)

9f41ff31c8c82ba4836b904164c9807d.jpg

Yank's sheild got a full makeover for this set.

dd2b95ab071e423549153d190bbf2706.jpg

Sairus wrote: »

RE1 Chris, SF1 Ryu and some weird Dante :pac: (I've never played a DMC :D )

bdd067c8c50448833b999f5a03ab96a2.jpg

The Dante costumes is the LDK or "Legendary Dark Knight", aka Sparda who is Dante's father, you could get this costume in DMC1 if you beat the game on hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I wonder will there be any differences between the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Wow, I'm liking the direction they're taking with the costumes. Is a Zangief suit for Haggar inevitable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I wonder will there be any differences between the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions does anyone know?

Doubt it

Why release info on upcoming features now, wait a few months after release!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Placebo wrote: »
    Why release info on upcoming features now, wait a few months after release!?

the two DLC characters have been known for ages, and do you think anyone expected there not to be DLC costumes? :pac:

that is true, i just want the games to have a long life.
    Theres just so much there now in MvC3 that its info overload, this just adds to the load. All in a good way

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Doubt it

My 360 copy is on pre-order, wont have it till friday but Ive had the PS3 version since saturday gone. I cant compare them like for like yet but from all the hi def videos and pictures ive seen of the 360 version, the PS3 version looks a little worse. It doesnt appear to have any anti aliasing (edge smoothing) so it looks a bit jaggy, and the textures on some background objects isnt as good, Galactus's face in particular looks very washed out compared to good quality pics ive seen of him on the 360.

I have seen the PS3 version skip frames during the pre fight team intro's, but apparently both versions have slowdown if there's a lot going on screen at the same time, like when you perform a cross over hyper combo with all 3 characters.

The PS3 version is still totally playable, ill wait till I get my 360 copy in the mail to do a proper comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

DLC is a good revenue stream to deal with the inevitable piracy...

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I'm sure the DLC will be prone to piracy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

Especially if the content is already on the disc to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Some information regarding DLC is found here: http://www.facebook.com/notes/marvel-vs-capcom-3/confused-about-marvel-vs-capcom-3-dlc/147267775335158

General gist is that the first costume pack and Shadow Mode will be on sale March 1st. Costumes are 400 points or $5. Shadow Mode pricing TBA.
    Shuma Gorath and Jill will be released on March 15th. Each character will cost 400 points or $5.
    One sixth the price of the full game for two more characters? Awesome :/

And in a more juicy bit of rumourtastic news, here's an image alledgedly pulled from the data on an MvC3 disk after some magic decoding has been done to it.
    Guess we know who the next batch of DLC is going to be :/ I was full sure Cable'd be featured.

mvc3decrypted1.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Sairus wrote: »
    And in a more juicy bit of rumourtastic news, here's an image alledgedly pulled from the data on an MvC3 disk after some magic decoding has been done to it.
    Guess we know who the next batch of DLC is going to be :/ I was full sure Cable'd be featured.

mvc3decrypted1.png

Care to tell us who? All I can make out is
    Frank
    ?

Advertisement