Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Care to tell us who? All I can make out is
    Frank
    ?
    Frank West and Dr Octopus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

The same guys who dug out those two DLC character names up there have been busy!

Basically they found that both Jill and Shuma Gorath are on the disk. They then messed with the code some more and replaced Viewtiful Joe with Jill on the character select screen.
    However, while she is playable she's apperantly unfinished. A good chunk of her voice work isn't finished and she seems to need some extensive balancing. The guy mentions one of her hypers probably being the worst in the game because of low damage output.
    He says they've also gotten Shuma working, but will post stuff about him later.

Here's a link to their full write up: http://shoryuken.com/content/marvel-vs-capcom-3-mining-game-disc-data-3640/

And here's some images of Jill: http://www.global-trance.com/mvc3jill/

mvc3jill_04.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭erinsoup

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm13616828

http://mmcafe.com/nico.html

Probably need an account to view. Use the second URL and paste the nicovideo link in it. I'd reupload to youtube myself.. but I'm Lazy :pac:

Is this legit then? Tron Bonne for awesome tier

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

SRK commenters' ignorance in full swing in that link, Sairus.

OP:
    "This character is -unfinished-."
    Response:
    "ZOMG disk-locked DLC Crapcom suck!!!1"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

erinsoup wrote: »
    http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm13616828

http://mmcafe.com/nico.html

Probably need an account to view. Use the second URL and paste the nicovideo link in it. I'd reupload to youtube myself.. but I'm Lazy :pac:

If you are too lazy to make your link easily clickable, then I am too lazy to click on it :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    SRK commenters' ignorance in full swing in that link, Sairus.

OP:
    "This character is -unfinished-."
    Response:
    "ZOMG disk-locked DLC Crapcom suck!!!1"

I saw that and laughed XD It's good stuff that is! XD
    If you are too lazy to make your link easily clickable, then I am too lazy to click on it :p

But it's got 999 hit combooos~

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

F you Capcom now I must pay 5$ to play with Bang's sister

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

why do people make videos of everything

pictures

like youtube if for videos ! go use ****in tumblr/flickr/Imageshack/tiny pic for pictures !

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Placebo wrote: »
    why do people make videos of everything

pictures

like youtube if for videos ! go use ****in tumblr/flickr/Imageshack/tiny pic for pictures !

To be fair, it's a joke you're not getting because you don't play blaz blue.

Jill's Super sounds exactly the same as Bang from BB's Bang Install. The music in the background is the music whic plays when he performs it.

Bang is a spoof on heroic characters so it's all quite humourous.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Been watching the recent frameadvantage videos that are really informative, but unfortunately seeing more bad than good so far.

Damage in general seems way too high and x-factor is too powerful and lasts too long.

Maybe a lower damage setting will be used as the tournament standard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

halolz-dot-com-marvelvscapcom3-sentineledition.jpg

can't say i didn't see that coming

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

To be fair, it's a joke you're not getting because you don't play blaz blue.

Jill's Super sounds exactly the same as Bang from BB's Bang Install. The music in the background is the music whic plays when he performs it.

Bang is a spoof on heroic characters so it's all quite humourous.

I was making a generalized statement about the state of youtube videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Yay!
    yay.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Luckkkkkaaaayyy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Prebooked it today lol, in case I spent my moneys before friday

yeahayaya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭erinsoup

Placebo wrote: »
    I was making a generalized statement about the state of youtube videos.

As convenient as it is, I do find it annoying how people post up music to Youtube. It might only be a still of album art but its still taking up video data and a waste of bandwidth

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Anyone else that has the game having slight online issues? I suppose its just cos considering the day, the udr guy is likely in america but any online match I've had so far is usually laggy. I hate that I cant create a ranked match. Or even see the guys connection in ranked... Bit silly that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Wah wah wah Generic :pac: Guess it's just time to hit training mode with Red Bar connection enabled!

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Anyone else that has the game having slight online issues? I suppose its just cos considering the day, the udr guy is likely in america but any online match I've had so far is usually laggy. I hate that I cant create a ranked match. Or even see the guys connection in ranked... Bit silly that.

Ye the online is a big letdown. Its a huge step backwards from ssf4. Its pretty frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Hopefully we get a sequel or patch soon to fix it! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Team Spooky streaming: http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky#/w/873370528

Just how many Sentinels are about? Every stream I tune into has one...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Team Spooky streaming: http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky#/w/873370528

Just how many Sentinels are about? Every stream I tune into has one...

Sentinels are understandable due to the fan base of the previous game, but in every stream ive seen its the focus on long range combat and persistent chip damage is whats turning me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Some characters have no problem getting in, it's just a question of matchups. Like if Sentinel calls drones while Dante is doing nothing, Dante gets a free teleport in behind him and probably a combo.

Speculating that stuff like that is turning you off the game before it's even shown to be particularly strong and especially before you've played is ridiculous imo.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Some characters have no problem getting in, it's just a question of matchups. Like if Sentinel calls drones while Dante is doing nothing, Dante gets a free teleport in behind him and probably a combo.

Speculating that stuff like that is turning you off the game before it's even shown to be particularly strong and especially before you've played is ridiculous imo.

I wouldnt say its speculation as top players have had some quality time with it on streams and thats whats been seen so far. Saying that it is match up based is a pathetic counter arguement to my 'opinion' IMO, as you can bend that to suit yourself in anyway.

But hey ive noticed its important to people on boards to force ones 'opinions' on everyone else so ill concede and say that your right ;)

Robbknoll wrote: »
    I wouldnt say its speculation as top players have had some quality time with it on streams and thats whats been seen so far. Saying that it is match up based is a pathetic counter arguement to my 'opinion' IMO, as you can bend that to suit yourself in anyway.

But hey ive noticed its important to people on boards to force ones 'opinions' on everyone else so ill concede and say that your right ;)

Top players thought in the early days of MVC2 that Iceman was top tier because he didn't take chip damage, as keepaway seemed so strong.

Have no idea how saying that it's matchup-based is pathetic, nor why you're putting apostrophes around the word opinion. Hope you end up having fun with the game anyway.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Top players thought in the early days of MVC2 that Iceman was top tier because he didn't take chip damage, as keepaway seemed so strong.

Have no idea how saying that it's matchup-based is pathetic, nor why you're putting apostrophes around the word opinion. Hope you end up having fun with the game anyway.

Ya know, just wanted to highlight that it was an 'opinion' in the first place. I hope you like it too man and that it does really well for all the people that looked forward to it.

Ye fair enough, to be honest that's all I want from the game at the moment. Have a feeling that the game's going to end up completely ridiculous once players really work it out, but it's going to be a fun few months learning until then I think (and hopefully I'm wrong)!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

Looks like a great game, really impressed with the graphics and the control scheme. Never played MvC2 so I won't have a clue how much things have changed, but I'm looking forward to learning all about it when I eventually manage to pick up a console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

The videos I was watching were like watching MvC2 Magneto, except his combos actually ended eventually. :pac:

Though I am kinda bored of seeing Sent already and the game isn't even out here.

Clearly Mastermold is lurking just offscreen producing masses of 'em so he be be on every single team without fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I always wondered why they didn't release a new revision of MVC2 to try and balance things up? It got really boring watching tournament games when it was just two teams of Magento/Sentinal/Storm (or maybe Cable). Sad when you consider there was 56 characters to choose from! Really hoping MVC3 doesn't end up like that :(

Advertisement