Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

All this talk of ranked has really got me fired up for an all-out assault on the leaderboards!!!!

'Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!'

There's a little Percy Bysshe Shelley for everyone!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ken B wrote: »
    All this talk of ranked has really got me fired up for an all-out assault on the leaderboards!!!!

It's not great online to be honest man. It's not up to SSF4's standards by a long stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Ken B wrote: »

Talk about bringing some class to this establishment. Ozymandias ftw.
    It's not great online to be honest man. It's not up to SSF4's standards by a long stretch.

Haven't tried it yet, but Generic mentioned that you can't choose a match based on connection... WTF??!?!!

As for the rage quitters, there's supposed to be a quitters purgatory where frequent abusers will only get matched against other frequent rage quitters.

I assume it will take a while for this to start working properly.

Talk about bringing some class to this establishment. Ozymandias ftw.

Haven't tried it yet, but Generic mentioned that you can't choose a match based on connection... WTF??!?!!

What I personally find really annoying is getting kicked back 2 menues if it can't find a match. It's not 1998.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

What I personally find really annoying is getting kicked back 2 menues if it can't find a match. It's not 1998.

Ye, you need a lot patience for this. Its infuriating trying to get a game with the matchmaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Matchmaking is ****ing awful. Such a huge step back from SSFIV and even HDR.

Still trying to rock the Hsien-ko, Spencer, X-23 team.
    X-23 is sweeeet~ Hsien-ko not so much :/

(one of my mates brought over his copy for the weekend so I'm not being left out! Yay! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Got the game today ^^

And the free mvc3 shirt, looks nice ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Got my snazzy t-shirt from XtraVision.

Kinda pleased with how they've handled Simple mode. It gives you easy access to combos and specials, but not all specials and not all combos. Level 3 hyper combos are just non existent for my younger brother atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

bush wrote: »
    Ye, you need a lot patience for this. Its infuriating trying to get a game with the matchmaking.

I just tried it out there... It is a disaster! How does a game get released with a joke of an online system like that? Particularly when Capcom have released better in the past.

I gave 5 minutes trying to get a match, each time I failed I was booted back to the main menu. What a farce!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

So much hate mail. I'm even getting it when I lose. It's getting silly now.

Rocking Deadpool/Super Skrull/Taskmaster atm. TetraxShards on 360, I look forward to being beaten repeatedly by you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

I find the best way tp do ranked is do training mode and turn fight requests on. Its weird that thats more reliable than actually searching though. And when looking for a lobby, you can see how many bars it has (green etc) but if you host and a guy jumps in, you cant see his connection. Online needs a major overhaul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

hey guys i just got the game there played bout 6 match against the computer, ive a quick question how do you block

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Been playing this for the last five or so hours now. Game is insanely fun. As for online though... netcode is iffy at best and the interface is terribad. This needs to be sorted out ASAP.

(For the time being at least) my main team is Tron/Chun/Deadpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

So much hate mail. I'm even getting it when I lose. It's getting silly now.

Rocking Deadpool/Super Skrull/Taskmaster atm. TetraxShards on 360, I look forward to being beaten repeatedly by you all.

The internet is rife with simple minded creatures. Unfortunately their influence is felt everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I have no XBL atm, just silver, so no online for me, but doubt I would of been bothered :pac:

Gonna stay in training mode for a tonne of time, finding out a team combo I like, and then learning said characters fully till I'm happy ^^

A LOT of experimenting and combo perfection to be done!

MAHVEL BAYBEE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

can't find any character to stick to. but frankly imo. this game is hilariously poor. popular and fanserviced yes. thought out? no

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    can't find any character to stick to. but frankly imo. this game is hilariously poor. popular and fanserviced yes. thought out? no

Compared to, for example, Valkenhayn?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Fnutkrumpler

All I can say about this game so far is that it's ridiculously fun. Is it balanced? Only time will tell.

So far Sentinel is the only character who seems a little over-powered, but not at all unbeatable. The only definite thing that can be said about the balance at this point it this: It's infinitely better than MvC2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Wow, something sure smells burnt around here...

• Advertisement

Compared to, for example, Valkenhayn?
    Ouch. that was low yo.
    least ill enjoy my nerf :pac:
    other than that i mean the fact i found an 8k meterless otg combo with wesker. things just....die in this game.
    well at least its less boring than say, using guile

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    Ouch. that was low yo.
    least ill enjoy my nerf :pac:
    other than that i mean the fact i found an 8k meterless otg combo with wesker. things just....die in this game.
    well at least its less boring than say, using guile

An 8k combo in MvC3 will cause significant damage- to a third of your team, half of which you can heal.

I don't know how someone who plays a high damage output character in BB (a game in which you'd simply be done for in the same situation without burst and has several infinites- and I am saying this as someone who can enjoy a good game of CS) can have a problem with this. It'd be like me complaining about MvC3 having strong zoning characters!

I don't know. Don't get me wrong, i don't hate the game. i think its just a not a very good system also i play a strong character yes. its not like im jumping ship to some other high tier character in cs2 im not maining wesker because of lol damage. im considering Dante,Spencer,Amaterasu. prehaps i'll go through the same seven stages of grief as justin wong did (no really i dislike blaz around the first few days too)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

... has several infinites...
    Calling you out on that. There's no infinites. There ARE long ass combos, but they're hardly infinite:p

Voa wrote: »
    Calling you out on that. There's no infinites. There ARE long ass combos, but they're hardly infinite:p

Isn't the taunt loop infinite?

Also, Joe told me Noel had one, so its all HIS FAULT if I am incorrect.

Anywho, Marvel thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I think maybe that even if they don't seem infinite with a good two Blazblue combos, if you don't have your burst, you basically just watch yourself get beaten to death for the whole round without being able to do anything.

In Mahvel it won't seem as long, since you'll have 2 characters left.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

The only definite thing that can be said about the balance at this point it this: It's infinitely better than MvC2.

I would say that is one thing you could definitely not say less than a week into the game's release. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

For anyone that's played Tatsunoko Vs Capcom - does this have a better fighting system or is it as similar as I suspect?

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Jill gameplay, taken from the incomplete version on the disk so she still may change before the DLC actually releases.
    Check out the epic damage on her Hyper at 0:15 :pac:

Advertisement