Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

smokingman wrote: »
    For anyone that's played Tatsunoko Vs Capcom - does this have a better fighting system or is it as similar as I suspect?

Cheers!

They're quite similar. MvC3 has an extra attack button that's a launcher, instead of TvCs method of down-forward C being a launcher.

This game dropped baroque and added x-factor instead, which can only be used once per game and it makes your character(s) faster, do more damage, regain red health and take no chip damage. The more characters on your team that have been eliminated, the better x-factor gets and it lasts longer.

All characters in this game have snap backs as a specified move which is handy.

There are no giants :(

Assists can be used in much quicker succession in this game than in TvC and tagging is performed by holding the P1 or P2 button instead of back + P. Also, like MvC2 each character has three different assist types instead of just one.

If you liked how TvC played, then you'll probably like this game. Personally I'd have preferred baroque over x-factor in this game, but it's early days yet, so we'll see how the game pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Sairus wrote: »
    Jill gameplay, taken from the incomplete version on the disk so she still may change before the DLC actually releases.
    Check out the epic damage on her Hyper at 0:15 :pac:

This is a slight aside, but since I haven't played a ResE game since Code: Veronica, can someone tell me why she stabs the cameraman? I've checked Wikipedia, no help there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Dunjohn wrote: »
    This is a slight aside, but since I haven't played a ResE game since Code: Veronica, can someone tell me why she stabs the cameraman? I've checked Wikipedia, no help there.

Resi 5 Spoiler:
    Wesker planted that jewelly, crabby thing on her chest. It makes her evil and gives her Weskerish abilities. Chris rips it off by the end of the game.

Aw, she's Wesker Lite? I wanted to summon zombies.

Alas that is the realm of Frank West these days

• Advertisement

... wanted to summon flaming zombies....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Actually got to sit down today to mess with the game and best combos etc. Dante's by far best combo starter is w/e into H, F+H (Stinger), then cancel to Seismo (DP + M), then into rape

But you cannot cancel stinger into anything, so you get around this by cancelling his stinger into his command jump/"Bold Move", then the prejump frames of bold move into the Seismo

You can do this by inputting, f+h, d + ATK + S, then downfard + M. I like to just input bold move as Dante draws his arm back for F+H then special on hit, a lot less effort imo

Here is a video showcasing probably the best damage in corner (with NO XFC or anything) off his Stinger > Seismo. It's a pretty neat combo into air guitar, into fire sword > Hyper.

Video on my YT

Note ; After Seismo I only did j.H instead of J.MH because the rest of the combo prorates too much if you do, and hence wont work

Next two combos are just flash, do less damage than Marn Combo/the above. Just for flash really but damage is still good. The key in these combos is to time the fire sword so the last hit doesn't hit, allowing you to continue combo with d/f + H~H, f+H wall bounce, into w/e. All are practical too, and easy to do with practice :)

I'm still messing with him as of now, there's some cool stuff I'm still learning like Stinger xx bold move xx Seismo, jump cancel into whirlwind, launch, jump cancel into 3 x Acid rain loop

Lot of work and execution needed, but that's what training is for

Videos when I get them down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The more I think about it...

I guess it's just "right" that Dante is a top-tier combo monster.

...now imagine if Bayonetta was in it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Dunjohn wrote: »
    In RE5, Jill was responsible for spreading the Plagas (She was under control of Wesker, it's that red thing on her chest that's controlling her), she injects the plagas into the victim and it turns them into a "majini".

So I guess she was trying to turn the cameraman into a majini

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Fergus_ wrote: »
    In RE5, Jill was responsible for spreading the Plagas (She was under control of Wesker, it's that red thing on her chest that's controlling her), she injects the plagas into the victim and it turns them into a "majini".

So I guess she was trying to turn the cameraman into a majini
    I dunno the majinis new tool in 5 needed to be applied orally since it had immediate effect compared to plagas. so she could just be erasing witnesses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    I dunno the majinis new tool in 5 needed to be applied orally since it had immediate effect compared to plagas. so she could just be erasing witnesses
    Fair point, but it can be done with an injection too, look at Irving, he injected himself and mutated. Although it might not be "usual" plagas as the majinis get. I think we can just agree that Jill's trying to mutate the cameraman with the injection :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

This game will take more practice than I thought it would :p. Only have a couple of hours of play time in so far. Find I am flip flopping between completely dominating my online opponents and then getting schooled in the next match.

Dante seems immense. I expect to see him in most peoples teams.

My inner dhalsim wants to pick trish and just annoy the hell out of everyone.....:o... But I think I will try and learn some rushdown instead...maybe :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

akumas infinite : i thought there was damage scaling to prevent abuse of infinite , if such were found. Does the damage taper off and its not shown in the video? [the combos without Xfactor]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Capcom must've screwed up and somehow made some moves unaffected by the whole hitstun decay thing because it definitely works, Ive had it ruin several of my own (not all that adventurous) combo ideas already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Apperently Joe & VOA have said that this **** is better than BBCS.

You guys suck, way to give the SF heads ammo. :(

Joe THAT pic will be posted at 8PM. :D

Mahvel seems good for a laugh, but better than CS is giving it way too much credit.

It even has it's own Valk in the form of Sent. :pac:

Edit: Training mode doesn't even work properly fer chrissakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

What's wrong with training mode?

Well I've only found one broken feature so far...

Infinite X-Factor option does absolutely nothing, try it.

The description explicitly states that it allows you to re-use X-Factor after it expires without resetting training mode, it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Yes it does. Have you set the dummy to have it? (I did that the first time I tried it)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Fletcher91

Well I've only found one broken feature so far...

Infinite X-Factor option does absolutely nothing, try it.

The description explicitly states that it allows you to re-use X-Factor after it expires without resetting training mode, it doesn't.

I had this problem once too, but it was temporary. I just quite training mode and when I went back in it was working fine.
    Mahvel seems good for a laugh, but better than CS is giving it way too much credit.

It even has it's own Valk in the form of Sent. pacman.gif

I don't know about that now. It might have it's owm valk, but so far it doesn't seem to have it's own Rachel. I've yet to come across a character who feels truly terrible right off the bat (CS Rachel was just obviously bad from day one, and takes a large degree of skill to do minimal amounts of damage with) And x-factor assures that everyone has a fighting chance (Although it does make Sentinel even more OP) I really hope they avail of the fact that it's a console only game, and apply a balance patch, because sent clearly needs one.

I'm not saying it's better than CS, but I do think some people are being a little dismissive of it. Don't forget, a lot of people don't take BB seriously because they see it as a dumbed down GG. Marvel may or may not end up the same way, it's too early to say at this point.

Orim wrote: »
    Have you set the dummy to have it?

Derp, I very well could have, will have another check tonight.

Can you blame me for immediately assuming Capcom had made a bugger of it? :P

Capcom must've screwed up and somehow made some moves unaffected by the whole hitstun decay thing because it definitely works, Ive had it ruin several of my own (not all that adventurous) combo ideas already.

Apperantly hit stun decay only affects moves up to a certain point. The minimum hit stun level of Akuma's tatsu is still high enough to allow the infinite.

I did only read that in a couple of SRK threads, so validity is unconfirmed.

AFAIK it does decay but no one in the game has high enough health for to see it, so speaking, it's an infinite

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Xinkai wrote: »
    Apperently Joe & VOA have said that this **** is better than BBCS.

You guys suck, way to give the SF heads ammo. :(

Joe THAT pic will be posted at 8PM. :D

wtf i never said that. Marvel is great fun, just taking a brake from Cs till Cs 2 is out and back to the challenge mode on Cs 2. Blazblue all the way still.

Its all about the hype of the two worlds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I'm with Joe on this; Xinkai is putting words in my mouth. I'll still play BB, but I have this shiny new toy to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Ramza wrote: »
    AFAIK it does decay but no one in the game has high enough health for to see it, so speaking, it's an infinite

It combos to 999 hits in training mode so I dunno if that's the case...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Voa wrote: »
    I'm with Joe on this; Xinkai is putting words in my mouth. I'll still play BB, but I have this shiny new toy to play with.

Talk to Orim :D

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    It combos to 999 hits in training mode so I dunno if that's the case...

KK, I thought otherwise, thanks for correcting me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

So the game is less than a week old and there have been many 100% combos found and now an infinite.

Looks like it'll be more of the same from the Marvel series.

Wonder if they'll patch it.

Advertisement