Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Why would they patch it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Same reason as Blanka's ball bouncing half distance away or Ryu's fierce DP losing its AA qualities, people on the internet would rather complain directly to Capcom than learn how to deal with those things. And Capcom will do whatever the masses want!!

Its a funny one though, if a person kills me with a 100% combo that takes some ability/execution I dont think I'd have a problem with it. But if, like the akuma loop, its just stringing one move together that could be a bit naff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

MVC2 had infinites as far as I know as did A3. (I know jack about MVC so please correct me if I'm wrong)

New Tutorial I made for Dante forums over on SRK, coined the term myself, let's hope it sticks

I DID NOT invent this, I thought I did, but was checking combos and see people already figured it out too, great mind and that :) Made the video to show people how to do it anyway

Still messing with Dante and his combo possibilities, got some stuff in the works to perfect, will upload some new stuff when I get it down

Peace

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Johnick

Lens of truth finished their comparison of the PS3 and 360 versions

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head/verdictps3/head2head-marvel-vs-capcom-3-analysis/

Seems the PS3 version is actually better, the 360 version has slightly better shadows and lighting but drops more frames then the PS3, it also has screen tearing during most Hyper Combo's were as the PS3 doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭erinsoup

Johnick wrote: »
    Lens of truth finished their comparison of the PS3 and 360 versions

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head/verdictps3/head2head-marvel-vs-capcom-3-analysis/

Seems the PS3 version is actually better, the 360 version has slightly better shadows and lighting but drops more frames then the PS3, it also has screen tearing during most Hyper Combo's were as the PS3 doesn't.

well...****

After reading the article (they even mention it in comments too) it seems the frame rate changes are rare and only happen during superflashs and pre-battle, not during actual gameplay itself.

Screw PS3, input lag, and all that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Got eventhubs feature, someone sent it in apparently

woot

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/feb/21/dante-bold-canceling-mvc3-tutorial-ramza

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Johnick

Ramza wrote: »
    Got eventhubs feature, someone sent it in apparently

woot

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/feb/21/dante-bold-canceling-mvc3-tutorial-ramza

Yea just saw that, congrats man :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Does anyone know which mode supports the quick rematch option? I was playing tonight and i ended up in a game with someone where we had the option of a quick restart instead of going to the char select screen.
    I think it was ranked but i tried playing ranked and didnt come accross it again. Im half asleep here so im not sure what im on about.
    Has anyone else seen this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

bush wrote: »
    Does anyone know which mode supports the quick rematch option? I was playing tonight and i ended up in a game with someone where we had the option of a quick restart instead of going to the char select screen.
    I think it was ranked but i tried playing ranked and didnt come accross it again. Im half asleep here so im not sure what im on about.
    I saw it in the two ranked matches I played last night.

Jim wrote: »
    I saw it in the two ranked matches I played last night.

Do you know under what circumstances this pops up? It seems to be just random.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I havent created a player match just a lobby so maybe then??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I was playing ranked and I got the rematch option too.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

bush wrote: »
    I think this is aavailable on the random player match option. I was offered the rematch option after the first bout, but instead of getting a rematch, I got a bucketload of insults instead!

Ken B wrote: »
    I think this is aavailable on the random player match option. I was offered the rematch option after the first bout, but instead of getting a rematch, I got a bucketload of insults instead!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

That was painful. It made the Giantbomb Quick Look seem informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

That video makes me want to punch somebody. Anybody. God help the next canvasser that rings my doorbell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I'm pretty damn sure that's intended as comedy. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

That video was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I'm pretty damn sure that's intended as comedy. :pac:

That wasn't comedy. That was two neanderthals pounding their joypads off their foreheads and getting that ****ing Kirby tune stuck in my head.

• Advertisement

Did you even watch the end?

The whole thing is clearly a parody.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Yea, it's a parody, but it wasn't funny. Just annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Tell me I'm not alone here. I've put in a good few hours into practice mode now and I'm still rubbish in the extreme :p I'll land a lovely 25 hit combo for 60% damage and then seem to get jab hit confirmed for a super every time for the same damage :p

I've also noticed half my matches end in timout even though I'm trying to rush the hell out of my opponents. Whats up with that? Anybody else feeling that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

What characters are you using?

Well ive been experimenting a bit. I've tried most of them.

At the moment I'm going rushdown using Dante, Wolverine and Amaterasu. Then i went more zone heavy and picked Iron man, Sentinel, trish for a bit.

Sentinel and Dante seem pretty beastly when I fight against them. Ton of damage and hard to kill. Seems to be catching on online too as most peoples teams has one of them.

Kirby wrote: »
    Seems to be catching on online too as most peoples teams have both of them.

Fixed. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

I've also noticed half my matches end in timout even though I'm trying to rush the hell out of my opponents. Whats up with that? Anybody else feeling that?

Forgetting to use X-Factor ?, if there's 10 - 20 seconds left on the clock you might as well use it, a lot of people forget they have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

most peoples teams has one of them.

*Ahem* ... Super Skrull/ Dante/ Ryu here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Right.
    Starting to like Task master. Hes a sure for my team but i havent got anyone else yet so im just rolling
    Wesker/Task/Ammy

Just got dicked online by some guy using Mag and x-23 he was doing some insane float combos with them. it would have been skillful. but yeah his third was sentinel AKA If **** hits the fan i'll x-factor with sentinel and kill anything.

I like the game. i just dislike the whole x-factor thing. it feels...i dunno...not broken but just like overpowered in a sense. like say you're fighting against some team. you're OCV'ing because you know the mechanics and everything and then his final hulk turns on his x factor. manages to get a lucky hit in which just about means you're dead. sure x factor is there for turn arounds but it still doesn't click with me. something is off.

• Advertisement

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    I like the game. i just dislike the whole x-factor thing. it feels...i dunno...not broken but just like overpowered in a sense. like say you're fighting against some team. you're OCV'ing because you know the mechanics and everything and then his final hulk turns on his x factor. manages to get a lucky hit in which just about means you're dead. sure x factor is there for turn arounds but it still doesn't click with me. something is off.

I like it. Makes for good comebacks.

The problem is it lasts too long. At the moment, its 10 seconds when everyone is alive, 15 when 2 are alive and 20 seconds with your last guy.

It should be 10 seconds for all three characters. 20 seconds is just far too long.

Advertisement