Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Voa wrote: »
    I'm buying this. Who wants in on the order? I'll be buying it before Thursday probably.

Yeah, at that price, i'll definately take one thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Also, Doom! Do mission 10 for Hulk; I think it will give you your Skrull assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Actually Voa I'll order this myself. There is a chance you might get stung with duty if you order a tonne of them. Thanks though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

I'd like one if it's not to much hassle for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

How to kill Amaratsu-Sentinel-Phoenix in ~8 seconds

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I think people are being waaaay to liberal with their assisting in MvC3.

I know it's a good way to apply pressure etc, but assist damage is huge. I'll pretty much do a Inferno with skrull automatically if I see an assist jump in at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I know it's a good way to apply pressure etc, but assist damage is huge. I'll pretty much do a Inferno with skrull automatically if I see an assist jump in at this point.

Indeed, Spencer's Bionic Lance is an assist destroying monster for the same reason.
    I'd say over the next few months assist usage will drop drastically.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Or safe assist usage goes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

For those with Smartphones that are purchasing the brady games guide, there's also what looks like a fairly decent stategy guide for iPhone and android.

Will inlcude frame data as well as movelists/combos etc.
    It's live on android marketplace now, and iPhone appstore shortly. (Stay away from the guide that's on the appstore at the moment, it's rubbish.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

That's because everyone is playing really scrubbily at the moment, protecting your assists is a fundamental part of the VS. series and new players have no clue how to do it yet. Basically at this stage I'd advise everyone to just watch videos of Justin to learn how to play the game, he's leagues ahead of every other player atm in his understanding of it in every respect, assist calling included.

edit: Cheers for that A-Trak, just bought the app on Android.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Voa wrote: »
    I'm buying this. Who wants in on the order? I'll be buying it before Thursday probably.

Could you get me one too plz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'll take a bible if it's not too much trouble.

Doom demands bible.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Kiki hopes this mook is better than the crap one that came for SFIV.

Not that I'm buying it right now.

Kiki would also like to say that he is extremely tired, as he doesn't even remember typing that first sentence. Nor can he explain why it's in the third person.

kik

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Kiki hopes this mook is better than the crap one that came for SFIV.

Not that I'm buying it right now.

Havent seen the SF4 one, but this Bible has some great info in it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Massive brainfart moment; forgot Amazon doesn't take Paypal ...gonna go looking on Ebay for bulk order of the yokes, or, failing that, I may just collect money from you guys when next I see you, get a 3V card an make the purchases then...(Or if someone who HAS a credit card already wants to make the order...:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭erinsoup

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/3/5/interview-with-mvc3-producer-ryota-niitsuma-on-why-spectator.html

This guy is either:
    a. Bull****ting the public to cover up their laziness.
    b. Doesn't understand how it works, or is being bull****ted to by his devs.
    Ryota: "That's correct. This title is a 3-on-3 and the game speed is very fast, so the volume of communication data is larger than in SSF4. Even if we added in all those kinds of systems, they'd be no good if the matches were full of lags.
    Even if this were the case for players(which is doubtful), for spectators it certainly isn't. For spectating all you're going to need is streamlined player inputs. Even in a game like MVC3 that's not anywhere close to being massive 'volumes of communication data'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

it's already laggy as **** and i doubt capcom will ever fix it. it is just a marvel game after all. i still giggle to myself about the amount of skills player think is needed in this. imo it's mashing on the pads faster wins. no mindgames. nothing. i disliked super for how slow it was but i see now how superior it shall be. also every team shall have a sentinel in them. no doubt. im gonna trade this in to get dragon age 2.
    "don't because-" whoah hold on
    I don't like this game. it's silly. end of

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    i still giggle to myself about the amount of skills player think is needed in this. imo it's mashing on the pads faster wins. no mindgames. nothing.

You should totally enter the mvc tournament so, free money for you.

I'll admit though, I'm one hell of a masher, so you may have some stiff competition in the final.

Red350 wrote: »
    You should totally enter the mvc tournament so, free money for you.

I'll admit though, I'm one hell of a masher, so you may have some stiff competition in the final.
    I would correct myself in terms of "pro tourneys" but i'd rather not get a spreadsheet out but you seem to have taken my gripe with this game on the whole top level players. now desk, jwong, daigo(lol) any anyone else is good at this game. good for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Well unless you want to back up that statement don't go chatting **** about what you don't know. No game is just button mashing, and denying that any skill is needed for Marvel is crazy, or any FG for that matter.

So please don't spew

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I've read that several times now and still can't makes sense of it.

Are you suggesting that random mashing will beat anyone who is not a top level player?

If so, come down for the BB:CS/MvC3 tournaments and win easy money.

it's already laggy as **** and i doubt capcom will ever fix it. it is just a marvel game after all. i still giggle to myself about the amount of skills player think is needed in this. imo it's mashing on the pads faster wins. no mindgames. nothing. i disliked super for how slow it was but i see now how superior it shall be. also every team shall have a sentinel in them. no doubt. im gonna trade this in to get dragon age 2.
    "don't because-" whoah hold on

lol.

Watch me play Voa and it comes down purely to mind games.

It's not Marvels fault you don't understand them.

Btw, what you just said about marvel? Pretty much what the average on the street SF guy would say about BB. I am disappoint.

*sigh*
    Fine. let me put it simply
    I cannot play this game. i do not like it. i am trading it in for dragon age 2. good luck to everyone who wants to/can play this game

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

I would correct myself in terms of "pro tourneys" but i'd rather not get a spreadsheet out but you seem to have taken my gripe with this game on the whole top level players. now desk, jwong, daigo(lol) any anyone else is good at this game. good for them.

Ah ok, so you're not saying the game doesn't require skill, you're just saying that outside the very top levels there's absolutely no skill involved? Can you explain how someone gets from the level of random mashing to the highest level of play so?

Also please feel free to get a spreadsheet out, it might make things clearer.

I suck at Marvel. oh my days it's laggy, better blame it on button mashing zz no skill

FYP

Ramza wrote: »
    FYP
    you make it sound oh so dirty and naughty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'm surprised anyone seriously involved in any fighting game would express that sentiment about any other.

Yeah I never played Marvel really getting into it

• Advertisement

Boy. didnt really expect to get hanged there.

Advertisement