Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    Boy. didnt really expect to get hanged there.
    Never mess with Marvel fans.

Although to be fair, I couldn't be arsed learning the game either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

dont mind them SirAuronDX, its all about mashing. Cobelcog is the best one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Jill looks crap, similar to all the other female characters. Loving Shuma Gorath though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I wish they'd stop attacking the cameraman. I mean, it's cool once or twice, but if everybody's doing it... I though Jill looked a bit more interesting this time, and Shuma Gorath looks awesome as always.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

Was Shuma Gorath in clay fighters?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNogwO11iII

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

eco2live wrote: »
    Was Shuma Gorath in clay fighters?

Nar, he's an MvC2 veteran.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I must be the only person who thinks Shumas animations all look really awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

DLC is a kick in the teeth for fans of a genre which they kept on lifesupport for a ****ing decade.

Vice-versa, "fans" who download the game onto hacked consoles are a kick in the teeth for developers...

(yes, I know, GGPO, I'm a hypocrite, etc.)

• Advertisement

I'm sure Capcom execs will be wiping their tears with their profit millions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Vice-versa, "fans" who download the game onto hacked consoles are a kick in the teeth for developers...

(yes, I know, GGPO, I'm a hypocrite, etc.)
    Most "fans" only did it to play it early though right? Can't see many of them not buying the retail game to play online.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Jim wrote: »
    Most "fans" only did it to play it early though right? Can't see many of them not buying the retail game to play online.

yeah sure not for Marvel or street fighter but what about other games and so other genres, **** them crackers. Take that as you well.

Placebo wrote: »
    yeah sure not for Marvel or street fighter but what about other games and so other genres, **** them crackers. Take that as you well.
    I thought we were specifically talking about the fighting game genre?

*Looks at start of discussion*
    *Looks at forum title*

Ah good, we were.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Creating pay for play DLC characters creates segregation.

This isn't good. Some people will have them and others wont. Think unlockable casts in XGC's around the world.....but worse. You can imagine it.

"Who do you play?" "Jill, Dante and Wolverine". "Oh sorry, we don't have her".............

I don't like the idea personally. Either keep the characters for the inevitable MCV3 update next year and sell them as part of the new game.... or release them for free.

091228_sf4pirate2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Your point being?

While the arguments against DLC characters are understandable, the fact is that tournament play (and tournament-calibre play) represents only a small fraction of the gameplay that these games get. The vast majority of players loves them.

GorySnake wrote: »
    Your point being?
    People pirate games on the internet I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

meow.jpg

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Man this game has the worst online experience ever

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I've discovered that you can actualy get a game super quick for some reason if you turn fight request on in training mode.

Unfortunatly it dumps you at the char select screen after a match so you have to wait about 30 seconds before you can get to training again only to be instantly interrupted... virtually every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Region = Same
    Language = Any
    Rank = Same.

I get a game every time I search for ranked or player.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Its not finding a match thats the problem, its the matches themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Oh my i thought sanford would love this but damn
    dat salt-factor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Shuma and Jill are now up for download despite rumors of a worldwide delay after the earthquake. Seems like it's just Japan that's getting it later.

Makes sense, people aren't going to be terribly interested when there's a freakin' crisis going on.

I dunno, some of what I've heard about Japanese super-nerds is pretty impressive stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Really enjoyable game but will trade it in today methinks while trade in value is still pretty decent. I doubt I'd be playing it at live events enough to warrant keeping it.

If they fix the online I may buy it back in future.

Advertisement