Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Why not use both :D

I'ma gonna sub Wesker in for Zero. Should help me on point... Might sub wolvie for sent at a later date, but I'm way more used to sent's combos than I am anyone else's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

MvC3 thread already on the second forum page? Things move crazy fast around here these days.

Anyhoo, the first of presumably many Shadow Packs for Shadow Mode has been released. (Shadow Mode is that yoke where you fight themed teams with specific AI settings. Beat each team and you unlock a special Title). Unlike the addition of the mode itself, this first pack will cost you - specifically 80MS or €1.00.
    The teams for this pack are:

S.T.A.R.S.
    Occupation - Special Forces Unit

Character 1 - Chris
    Character 2 - Wesker
    Character 3 - Jill
    NOTE: Even if you haven’t purchased the Jill/Shuma Gorath character pack, you can still play against the STARS team.

Street Fighters
    Occupation - Fighting on the Street

Character 1 - Ryu
    Character 2 - Chunli
    Character 3 - Akuma

Vampire Girls
    Occupation - Stalking in the dark

Character 1 - Morrigan
    Character 2 - Felicia
    Character 3 - Hsien-Ko

The three teams that originally came with Shadow Mode were piss poor to fight against, so all you're doing here is paying a euro for 3 new titles. I believe I speak for most people when I say that Capcom can go shove it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I bet the titles are already on the disk, too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

... wow.

I thought it would have AI based on actual players.
    Like VF4: Evolution managed -- in freaking 2002.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Here lads, if one can still get a buzz outta MvC2, is there enough new in this game to warrant splashing out on it?

• Advertisement

Yes. It's a very different game to MvC2.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Man X-Factor Noel Brown is insane.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhqjn93IZlKmK2gB7z

Mahvel Baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dundle

Anyone be able to suggest a third character for my team? Right now I'm thinking Hulk, Doom, Idon'tknowwho. Someone who can abuse Xfactor that isn't sent would be nice. I was considering ChunLi, but I dunno how much synergy she'd have in my team.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I think Tron would fit in there pretty well, she has a great assist and lots of health, does stupid x factor damage too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dundle

Hmm, I was playing around with her before, I'll give it a go. If gustaff fire can juggle after gamma wave then she'll probably get in. Love spamming that infinite too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

My copy of the Hype Guide arrived today =3

But since I have to college, I'll be putting it away till CxC, and then again until my exams are over...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I've nearly got the bucktooth loop down with doom.

When I do... it's a hard choice between Skrull and Chun Li I have to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

When I do... it's a hard choice between Skrull and Mashing I have to make.

Fixed :D

When I do... it's a hard choice between Tenderizer Mashing and Legs Mashing I have to make.

Fixed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

All mashing aside I would say lose skrull if you're going to drop one. I think chun assist is gdlk and in the long run will be a more solid character than skrull.

Though she might require a bit more practice I think it could be worth it.

My only concern then would be the team synergy as people say. Chun on point I'm not sure about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

You're crap with both anyway at the moment so drop Skrull cause Chun is better. :pac:

I find Chun extremely boring to both watch and play. On the other hand Skrull is wearing a solid purple jump suit.
    This is clearly an impossible choice.

I've started putting some decent time into training mode recently and have finally started getting the hang of calling in assists for continuing combos. Half the time my hands are on complete autopilot while the combos churn themselves out. This game is weird.
    Having said that the chances of me successfully landing any of these fancy combos in an actual match is pretty slim :pac:
    Reckon I'm finally settling onto a team of X-23/Shuma Gorath/Dormammu. Poor Hsien-Ko is once again getting kicked to the sidelines and now I have an entirely Marvel team. This is also... odd.
    Also, the hatemail in this game is awesome! :D I haven't gotten hatemail in SSFIV in months, but I play one morning of MvC3 and I get three messages! :D

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    You're crap with both anyway at the moment so drop Skrull cause Chun is better. :pac:

As I actualy learn to play the game they both might go tbh.

I quite like the idea of wolvie on point as he does huge damage and I feel totally natural applying pressure with him. I can think of all kinds of nasty tricks you could apply with all of dooms assists.

I quite like all my team being green though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i have not played this, probably since the release.
    I think i got intimidated by the amount of characters vs combos etc, what is the learning curve here?

• Advertisement

I'm finding it very hard to get to grips with properly - but I've always been utterly rubbish at long combo based games. MvC3's wildly different sized characters aren't helping. Wolverine's crouch goes under Dormammu's cr.M for ****s sake.
    I've played so little proper games I cant really complain about knowing matchups, but I imagine the curve is pretty high. Every time I go online I get beasted by some crazy new mixup/teleport I didn't know character X had. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

good too know, think il just keep away. Looking forward to AE and 3S online.
    maybe tekken vs sf too

Sairus wrote: »
    I'm finding it very hard to get to grips with properly - but I've always been utterly rubbish at long combo based games. MvC3's wildly different sized characters aren't helping. Wolverine's crouch goes under Dormammu's cr.M for ****s sake.
    I've played so little proper games I cant really complain about knowing matchups, but I imagine the curve is pretty high. Every time I go online I get beasted by some crazy new mixup/teleport I didn't know character X had. :/

I dunno, I did alright delbrately trolling the crap out of people for quite some time, mainly using 1 button.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Faffing about in training mode last night, found something weird.

Some characters can wavedash to the under a standing Storm. I assume it's because she's floating but it seems to be only her, as I tested with Mags and MODOK. X-23 can wavedash to the other side of her but seems a bit a far away to do anything. Taskmaster can do wavedash up, cancel out with a low short which hits (not entirely sure which side, didn't test that much) and end up on the other side of Storm.

As I say I assume it's something to do with her floating animation that the collision doesn't go high enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭AllYourBass

My technique is to pick characters I love from franchises I love, and let tier ranking and skill be damned! Clearly not a choice for those who want to win, but I do love my Amaterasu/Dante/Akuma triumverate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

My technique is to pick characters I love from franchises I love, and let tier ranking and skill be damned! Clearly not a choice for those who want to win, but I do love my Amaterasu/Dante/Akuma triumverate.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No idea how well they work together, but you've got three of the current best characters in the game right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭AllYourBass

No idea how well they work together, but you've got three of the current best characters in the game right there.

Oops, back to training mode so...Like much of my secondary school output, the team obviously "needs more effort" on my behalf!

I started with my three favourite characters : Spencer/X-23/Hsien-Ko.

After much playing they've all slowly been replaced. Even X-23 is now finally gone, defeated by the power of Morrigan/Shuma-Gorath/Dormammu.

Shuma-Gorath is so damn awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I still haven't decided on a team everyone is too fun. Maybe some of the better players in the scene at Mahvel could gimme some pointers, right now I got Iron Man/Dante/???, Aint decided on a third

Advertisement